Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sick To Death Of Rushers - Can We Have A Kick Or Block Function Please?

PeaceOfMind

Wrong. You don't like it, that alone doesn't mean much. From the reactions in forums, I'd say it's 50/50 at best.

Its looked down upon by most forum goers. In the game itself about 70% of the players are rushers. Which is odd since most of this game is farming for mats and rushing isn't a good way of getting them.

Generally No, Rushers aren't looked down upon because Rushing was originally started in the early stages as another sort of "Grind" for Credits, many people would Rush run Sabotage or Capture missions for the Credit Reward until Void was released and Credits became abundant.  And honestly, if you're looting or farming, do it with a friend or solo. Missions types like Sabotage, Capture, Rescue etc are practically built for Rushing and we all know it. It's a straight path to the objective and a Straight path back. Mission types like Spy are okay to kill the enemys as at times you have to because of the 4 points you have to reach and cover, but it's still Rushable. The only mission types were rushing isn't exactly possible is Endless Defense and Mobile Defense.

What I'm getting at is, I think DE knew from the Start rushing would happen and they didn't bother trying to remake every game mode, you can play as a looter yeah, you can player as a rusher sure. They catered to all types of gameplay styles, so play the way you want. Just don't complain about it so much there are way to many threads up on "Rushers ruin the game" and blah-blah-blah. We don't ruin the game, we generally don't want to spend 30 minutes in a Capture mission, why would we? That 30 minutes could be spent doing an Endless Defense to wave 15 or something and having a much higher end reward then killing and looting everything we see in a Capture mission.

Its looked down upon by most forum goers. In the game itself about 70% of the players are rushers. Which is odd since most of this game is farming for mats and rushing isn't a good way of getting them.

it is when the mat you want/need is from the boss or received upon level completion.

Question for all anti-rushers: have you ever bothered to ask people to slow down? In 130 hours of play time, I've only been confronted about rushing twice: one was someone just blabbering insults when he died while the rest of the team was waiting at extraction, and the other was someone who actually asked me to slow down in the beginning. Know what I did? I actually slowed down! It irritates me how apparently people would rather complain on the forums than in the game, before the whole "being too slow and dying, not being able to see the levels that you'll see plenty of sice there's not that many." I can handle myself alone in any mission, but sometimes having a (competent) team can speed things up.

I was kinda annoyed with rushers when I started, did I just cry like a child? Hell no, I learned the map shortcuts, I learned the different maneuvers for rushing, and I'm a better player because of it. (Note, I actually kill things as I move along, and usually if I manage to be like 4 tiles ahead of my whole team, I'll wait for them.)

I will say this, every now and again run into a rusher, and I've sometimes told the rusher(s) to slow down, but mostly if I'm using a warframe that isn't the fastest, granted I do have warframes that can run circles around people on a good day, but I don't use them, cause I rarely have a use to rush, nor do I ever feel I need to run through enemies just to grind credits. If I wanted a game that focused on running as fast as I could, I'd get mirror's edge, or portal. Warframe I'm here to do a few things, kill, try all of the weapons but shotguns, out rank my friends quickly, and have fun.  The only reason why I dislike rushers, are normally because they play Online, they rush through the level, and if I spawn in behind one, and get stuck because of lock downs, instead of keeping up, I'm wasting my time unlocking doors. 

I wouldn't mind having the option to only be matched with players who explore the map, and loot, and not rush through the levels, because I don't believe in the idea that rushing through the level gets you the same amount of loots as exploring. I don't credit farm, I sit above 1000000, I have no need to farm credits, if I did, I'd play void, not rush through maps in online mode and ruin the experience for those who are going through the level their first try.  

That's only Assassination missions, Nightmare mode missions, and Void missions. In every other case rushing is counter productive to farming.

You won't persuade them. They'll just keep on doing rush, talking trash at you and keep on comparing loot despawn, enemies and lockdowns you have to deal with (Because barely quarter of them deal with enemy on their way) and their 1 minute on LZ, artificially created.

Tell me, why we have different disciplines in sport? Or why can't I win in chess by knocking opponent out?

Mainly because those "games" have a pretty strict guideline of how to play.

Also, there is a crossbreed of boxing and chess, you win by K.O or Checkmate.

Do we divide a single sport because some people like to play differently? I haven't seen it done with Football, Soccer, Basketball.

Unless you're talking about martial arts.

This game puts you in and says, play how you like. So I do, I play how I want to.

Mainly because those "games" have a pretty strict guideline of how to play.

Also, there is a crossbreed of boxing and chess, you win by K.O or Checkmate.

Do we divide a single sport because some people like to play differently? I haven't seen it done with Football, Soccer, Basketball.

Unless you're talking about martial arts.

This game puts you in and says, play how you like. So I do, I play how I want to.

No, but we have different divisions in every goddamned discipline

Rushing is generally looked down upon in the community; rushers that come into these threads and counter-complain only make themselves look more of a jackass because they are trying to justify ruining the gameplay experience of other people on the premise of:

"I can rush if I want to, and no one can stop me. If you don't like it, go play with slow people."

...Without realizing the irony that everything that has been said from rushers to normal people can be easily reversed. 

But, you know, just keep telling the non-rushing people to go somewhere else. No double-standards or anything.

I usually play nothing but solo now, unless I'm playing Defense, because of the large amount of games I've gotten into where people have conflicting interests; rushing or otherwise.

Rushing isn't looked down upon by the community... its a play style that is complained about because it's common, and it's common because it's effecient.  People whine about all sorts of things, but just because its a popular whine doesn't make it socially unacceptable.  The point isn't about doublestandards, its about mismatched expectations.  Don't join Online games if you don't want to experience a wide variety of players and playstyles.  

Also, rushing is more fun... loot containers don't actually have loot in them... and the % chance of a mod dropping off any one mob is low enough to discourage slowing down long enough to roll the dice on them.

And also we have slightly different version of the same disciplines. Races is not only OMG BE THE FASTEST. For example, Rally requires 100% following the road signs which has nothing to do in the closed tracks.

Kind of like how he have a different objective in each mission?

Sorry, unless I am specifically farming, which I do on defense. I complete the objective ASAP.

Kind of like how he have a different objective in each mission?

Sorry, unless I am specifically farming, which I do on defense. I complete the objective ASAP.

No. Different objective is difference between race and figure scating.

Also, there is actual possibility of dividing scums and players with marking yourself as one or another type of guy. Still will have some problems with jackasses, but in general, jackass wave will fade in the matter of days.

No. Different objective is difference between race and figure scating.

Also, there is actual possibility of dividing scums and players with marking yourself as one or another type of guy. Still will have some problems with jackasses, but in general, jackass wave will fade in the matter of days.

I'm never a jackass to anyone in-game.

I just follow the flow of what the group is doing. They rush, I rush. They take it slow, I try to do the same. Not everone has maxed out mods like I do.

I'm never a jackass to anyone in-game.

I just follow the flow of what the group is doing. They rush, I rush. They take it slow, I try to do the same. Not everone has maxed out mods like I do.

Now tell me, how's this synergizes with your previous statement of rushing unless you are specifically for farming? Go home, you are drunk.

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou

Nice post mate and lots of good replies to you as well. I thought maybe they could add more enemies to slow rushers down but they play at mid level and you can still just run past those kind of enemies. If you play at the highest level you do get better online games because the enemy will slow you with numbers but there isn't many people playing at high level. So annoying.

I also stopped playing online. Problem for me is i asked my friends to play other games with me as Warframe was being ruined by a few things. Now when i fancy a game i have no one to play with as they have found the other games available are as much or more fun to play with each other. I don't play solo anymore as nightmare has no shields and no energy which is beyond a joke to do solo.

Laser doors would help or ciphers but only if implemented correctly. As it stands a laser door catches the person at the back of the group just as he runs through a door. Your on your arse and being slowed down even more. If the laser doors locked rushers into a scenario or room and enemies spawned on them until you have time to catch up it would be better gameplay but obviously abusable by trolls who just afk to lock 3 guys into a room...

So hard this one. A vote system would ruin Warframe and be the final nail in the coffin. Its a horrible thing to have in a game.

A system for the player to identify bad players and either ignore them from all server lists or just make sure you never group with them again would however be somewhat of an enlightenment. Within a few weeks you would feel your game getting better and better. I give you a thumbs up on this. Its something i have wanted for a long time as well. 

Can we have like a flag system or something? Flag yourself being a farmer/explorer, and you will queue up with similar people. Flag yourself as a rusher, and you get the same.

Rushing in itself is not bad - it is just another way to play the game, it is only bad when rushers meet with people who are not rushing, and so we get conflicts between goals.