Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IPS Status Ideas

A few friends of mine and I were talking about interesting procs for Impact and Puncture. We have come up with thus:

Impact: Procs cause enemies to be staggered, but after so many procs they go into a dizzy or concussive state. Dizzy would be them dropping their weapon(s) and stumble around, maybe have them lose the alertness. The idea comes from being hit in the head just a little too much. Head shot procs would make this process faster.

Puncture: Procs cause enemies to lose maximum health % as damage. Each proc would stack deminishingly as to not be insanely overpowered. Say it starts with 5% max health, then an additional 4, additional 3, 2, and then 1. Maxing at 15% max health as damage over time.

Just thoughts I wanted to share. Would like to discuss though.

The problem will always be Slash being superior because a dead enemy is always better than a weakened enemy. As long as slash stays the same and always bypasses damage reduction and makes loot frames more efficient. You cant make the other two equal options. 

10 minutes ago, (XB1)SupremeMorpheus said:

Slash damage is based off the damage dealt, which is reduced by armor, so logically you would end up dealing less damage with slash

Your point, however, remains valid: death is the ultimate croud control. That said, for high level gameplay, that repeated impact idea sounds brilliant

When people are running corrosive elements or just full party Corrosive Projection, armor becomes nonexistent.

So we are left with all factions, absolutely devastated by two damage types.

Edited by Firetempest

The main issue I see with IPS is that the entire system is irrelevant. The zerg style of combat from enemies prevents prolonged fights. Either we kill them, or they overrun and kill us. So damage types isn't relevant past what does the most damage. Some boss fights may allow for a bit of tactical use, as do some higher level missions like Sorties and endless survivals, but overall, just flat damage does the job.

IPS doesn't need to do X, Y or Z to the enemy, the different types need to synergise differently with current Warframe Abilities. Example: Slash would synergise with Excalibur. Iincrease EB's damage by 10% on any enemy with a Slash proc.

Tying IPS to Warframe Abilities would not only make them useful, but allow for more diverse builds. Not only to build for yourself, but to build to help your squad.

Of course, this would be a very intensive change to the system. Probably requiring a ground-up rebuild.

8 hours ago, Firetempest said:

The problem will always be Slash being superior because a dead enemy is always better than a weakened enemy. As long as slash stays the same and always bypasses damage reduction and makes loot frames more efficient. You cant make the other two equal options. 

I'm fine with slash being the overall generic best. Puncture was more for boss killing (Nox, Bombard, ect.). Slash will be best because we can't remove it. But if DE puts more emphasis on Impact and Puncture under this system it can be much better and viable, which is all I care about. Impact and Puncture procs right now don't do anything at all which is my problem with it. Would like a first step like this rather than changing it all later and keeping the damage stale.