Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Invasion pursuer concept: The Huntsman

Schielle

Hey Ciel strikes again 

today bringing you infested invader miniboss, the huntsman

oFLOm74.jpg

It is a highly aggressive infested who hunts for whoever disturbs Phorid's nest at least 3 times. it travels from infested corpus starship, the infested who are able to manipulate machinery (thanks to salad v) upgrades the ship escape pod to high pressure pod cannon. The huntsman can transform into a metal solid chrysalis and able to control its trajectory to its designated target area, then it hunts begins.

The Huntsman is capable  to meddle with your transmission like other invader miniboss do ( zanuka, g3 bros) and will send cryptic message 

`~ I Smell You [warframe name], your scent is like of ours`~

`~for the hive`~kill~`hunt~`

`~you cannot run`~cannot Hide`~ 

after  the third message  it will appear from above [if tenno is in a planetary map] or breaching one of the hull [if  invasion happens in ship map] and it can only invade in this map including POE. It did not drop near the tenno but you can hear the shattering impact from the orbital drop. The Huntsman can also jam your minimap and interfere with mission/ extraction pointer and trapping you with false information. Lotus transmission is completely cut during the invasion and later on will ask you what is all that commotion about and she detect a heavy biological signal, then she will say, "incredible defeating that monstrosity, I will send someone to retrieve the carcass of that beast for further study".

The huntsman is a vicious enemy with wide melee attack capable of stretching its tendon to deliver wide and heavy attack, it also capable of doing aoe blast due to its lower part copying old ambulas bluprint that they found in the ship manifest, it also have hard rock fossilized shell comparable to juggernaut chitinous shell, and the only part you can damage is its purple part, when the tenno damage it extensively it will retract and will try to regen its health from other living targets, though huntsman can only retract its head once and will extend it again within a time duration, you can temporarily disable its movement by shooting its ambulas legs, though if you keep shooting its leg it will have immunity overtime and makes it harder to disable its legs, its head can also resist to physical and elemental damage if you shoot it numerous time or having a high burst damage in one shot and will reduce that particular damage type up to 80% the next time you tried to shoot it again.

He will drop mods and new melee weapon parts after the tenno killed it, he will drop  [chained pair blades] in progress

Weapon: 

Huntsman sickles

Spoiler

this melee weapon movement and attack is similar to the blade of chaos  from god of war, except its all tendon-y and alive (yikes), there will be 3 part, 2x blade, 2x rubbery tendon and 2x arm grip

design is [WIP], but similar to what the huntsman have 

kinda like this

giphy.gif

`~ I Smell You [warframe name], your scent is like of ours`~

This is creepy, yet intriguing!

And the melee attacks! I really want to meet this thing on the battlefield! The infested aren't scary enough.

Edited by Keyse
Italic button was stuck on.

7 minutes ago, Keyse said:

`~ I Smell You [warframe name], your scent is like of ours`~

This is very creepy, yet very intriguing!

And the melee is scary! I really want to meet this guy on the battlefield!

quality nightmare fuel it is, I actually forget to add what happens if you get captured by it

Edited by Schielle

• 1 month later...