Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Ideas

Talonflight

19 hours ago, purdo84 said:

I want to be able to use transference on my spectres so I can use multiple frames in a mission. I think it would create some interesting synergies 

This.

15 hours ago, (XB1)motionROTATION said:

I’m down for operators using Zaws since that’s what I thought when I saw PoE. Also, binding operator abilities to the Warframeabilities then opens up melee. 

And this

15 hours ago, SaferSaviour said:

I'd like to be able to see/have my Operator grow, and age, and come into his own. I like seeing that sort of growth in stories and games. I also love the Spectre concept.

And DEFINITELY this.

2. With how Operators are quite physically weak I don't think they'd be able to use a weapon. Even the basic recoil of a Lato could be too much for them to hold accurately and throwing knives are also out of the question since, again, warframe and operator arm strength varies. 

Maybe it could be an unlockable focus node in Madurai/Unairu or a quest that gives you greater strength?

Regardless, the use of sidearms will replace the point of using amps outside of fighting Sentients (I actually have fun using my Operator in regular missions). 

3. I really need Operator melee. I just hope DE don't forget about it like a lot of other things since they did mention it would be added. Maybe they'll be added in with the Sacrifice or an amp extension with Venus Open World? 

If I may add my two cents, I would love to see more interaction between an Operator and his/her Warframe. After watching the latest Dev Stream, I couldn't help but to feel that Geoff and Steve were alluding to possible Operator/Warframe animations during a section detailing motion capture. An Operator leaning back to back on his/her Warframe while idle, for example, would inject a level of dynamic interaction into the game that we really haven't seen yet and would likely give other players the impression of "Yes. This Operator, this Warframe is mine."

It's just a thought.

Another possible angle on operator melee i think would work well is martial arts. Each school could have it's own style and we make up for being physically weak by channelling void power. I mean, Madurai already has a hadouken/kamehameha so sweet kung fu skills would be cool. 

I personally don't like the idea of actual weapons for operators. Thematically, our warframe is our weapon so I think a martial arts is a perfect counter part for operator combat. The discipline aspect work well with learning to control our void powers.

Everyone keeps mentioning that the children are too physically weak to use handguns, however, in real life children are physically able to use handguns; yet somehow the child who's body is reinforced by void energy is too weak? After going through The War Within the child is clearly able to wield the Broken Scepter, at least at a basic level, and once powerful enough to be running and sliding around fighting Eidolons, I think having a "backup handgun" for when your Amp runs out should at least be considered as a possibility.

Melee Operator void energy swords, or even just Zaw access, would be a blast though.

ive been thinking on operator meta alot as of late and desided to search for others that might have the same idea, i like ops stance on alot of this with balancing issues and everything that comes with a topic like this. ive been playing for a couple years but my first exposure to the game was pc when warframe abilities were in mods, could be interchanged. by the time i had started playing myself i was disapionted to see this disappeared, but it didnt matter cause by the time i finnished the warwithin it went from this game that seemed to have no emotion investment until second dream to what just happened. this power they had projected into these frames had come from a child, now keep in mind in lore the mutant technocyte children where nearly immediately seen as a threat to the orokin empire, with their dax warriors and immortality. the untaped potential of the tenno, warwithin is the tip of the iceburge. the challanges they faced their first time across the system will pale in comparison i hope as the story unveils this time around. is it so outlandish to beleive the tenno are unable to fill the shoes of the our heros? their frames? they have no sheilds, no armor, even at max health theyre very glassy, balancing movement 2.0 into existant void dash and mode w/sliding and bulletjumps murged with a mod system that is restricted to 4 ability mods like og warframe but only to warframes your own and respectivly to focus school(s) exp: valkyrs hysteria would be unairu and madurai [hope i got the spelling] and would it be too op given only 4 more mods open to mods like streamline and vault mods? maybe operator specific auras and no exilus as well, ik its alot but this also ties into operator being given exalted weapons as ive seen on this thread and melee with wall, leap, spin attacks not taking a dive with operator movement as it stands, [maybe even void mode in aimglide? lmk] and secondaries are a yes please to me, amps should be their primary. idk how the balancing on the mods for melees and secondaries would even start to go.. but i love some of the ideas ive seen on this thread, i hope de takes these into account truly. im most curious about OP talonflights thoughts on this, and i recall seeing something about custom frames? an idea i had played with myself but operator becomes custom warframe, thats some second dream level revolations no?