Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dinamic Damage types

Ahzanti

Just a shower thought.  I was thinking on end game stuff and how easily and quickly players figure out and adapt to new damage types or schemes.  Also how pore Scott is always trying to come up with something better.  What if we let the players do that instead?  I know what your thinking that is a horrible idea, hear me out though.  Once a day, for simplicity sake at 8pm est during the tick over to the next day.  One of the servers that controls player data gathering boots up its stat program and sees what damage types where the most common.  For example today most people ran builds that where puncture heavy against Greneer, and magnetic against Corpus Infest was gas.  So the program notes it and all week this stays true.  Now at the end of the week it looks to see what factions won invasions against others and who lost.  So now we have the program note that their are two nodes where Corpus took over Greneer locations.  And the Greneer won five nodes.  The Greneer on those five nodes now have Corpus shields and lets say +50% immune to puncture and the Corpus on their two nodes are now using Greneer armor and no shields.

Hopefully you see where I am going with this.  The lore reason is why would the Queens not make use of Corpus tech?  Military you would want to take the the ideas that where better then yours and try to either adapt it to your tech or reverse engineer it.  Similar reason for the Corpus.  It is cheaper to make use of other peoples work then do it your self.  You find your enemy now uses arrows so now you invent shields so your enemy uses shields you use close combat. if your enemy no longer uses arrows you can make the next gen of armor less shields for arrow protection and more for slash and puncture. 

So why not have this kind of system in place for the other factions not just the Sentience?  They use it at per combat action but the other factions could use it say weekly or monthly.  But have it based on what is popular with players. 

Sorry if your head hurts from trying to understand my odd logic, and thoughts.

Grineers are too dumb to understand how shields work. Only a few elite/important units (like bosses/capture targets) have shields. 

On the other hand, Corpus use shields because it's a lightweight protection that nullifies damage until it's depleted. They prefer avoiding pain and injuries completely instead of having to endure hits, bullets, etc. 

I don't really have any answer regarding Infested, as I feel like it would be more realistic if Infested Corpus units had a bit of shields and Infested Grineers had some armor. 

(PS: That is my opinion, not actual facts.)

il y a 9 minutes, Ahzanti a dit :

Sorry if your head hurts from trying to understand my odd logic, and thoughts.

Don't worry, your suggestion make sense. It's just that Grineers are Grineers and Corpus are Corpus. Besides, we already have modifiers in Sorties which sometimes grant additionnal damage resistance to enemies.