Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current Onslaught Feedback

Hearsay

Here's another topic to throw on the pile of bajillion other feedback topics and posts.  I probably come across angry or ranty, so be warned.

So Onslaught launches and my first day, Baro is here with the Supra Vandal, a gun I've wanted but missed out on.  Stoked, I grab it, catalyst it, mod it, and take it along with an Azima I'm formaing thanks to a good Riven and a Prisma Obex I picked up at some point and want to level.  I go charging in with my Capitance build Volt Prime, one of my main frames, and go to regular Onslaught solo and have a blast just mowing down enemies with the Supra while blasting everything with a Discharge when I need more shields.  Syndicate mods are blowing stuff up and I make it to about round 10.  Rewarding or not, it was fun just wrecking swarms and swarms around me.  I felt like my weapon might have been a little strong but, I just shrugged and kept on shooting.  As a filthy casual focused on other games right now, I only play a couple more times, figuring I'll get Khora sooner or later.  Or not.

Cue today.  Like said, filthy casual, so while I've leveled stuff up, my Supra now only has one forma in it, which I'm ranking back to 30.  But, I ripped everything apart with unranked Catalysted Supra earlier, so I should just waltz to Wave 8 no problem, right?  Suddenly, I struggle to kill anything from round 2 on.  My Discharges are not clearing the map and m Syndicate proc might as well not exist.  I'm struggling to maintain energy and I cannot maintain efficiency.  I die multiple times from Grineer hit-scan sniping me across the map and wind up only completing 5 waves. 

Annoyed and thinking maybe it was the plethroa of armor-stacking Grineer jerks ruining me, since I got almost all Grineer, I switched to Nidus so I could shrug off and regen my health back and grab my 3-forma Amprex for stronger wave clear.  It started out nice, hitting 40 stacks by Wave 2.  And then... my  Amprex suddenly can't do jack $&*^ to the enemies at any reasonable speed and I can't out-regen the endless hitscan and other bullcrap while my stacks go into the toilet.  I tried luring enemies to corridors, but they just said "nope" and hung around only in open areas.  I gave up on round 4 and let that portal time out.

Frustrated, I go back, grab Zephyr so I can just Turbulence all these bullets away and grab my catalysted Arca Plasmor so I can one-shot everything (no forma, but I don't really need them on my build until I get around to maxing Primed Point Blank and/or grabbing some corrupted mods for it).  Now I'm not getting killed, I'm mowing down enemies in one-shot as soon as I see them as fast as I can, with few exceptions, and I lose on wave 6 because I STILL cannot kill fast enough!  What does normal Onslaught want from me?  Do I need to go make a Speed Bolt with Maiming Strike Atterax just to do the "casual" difficulty?  Do I need to be killing all the enemies I see plus all the enemies I can't see instantly?  This is a mode I assume that any casual should be able to Wave 8 with at least decent enough gear.  I'm bringing my best stuff that tears through enemies normally and it's not even enough.  I thought about doing my Inaros Galatine Prime build but... I figure why bother, I'm not gonna kill fast enough anyway.

The recent changes to Onslaught turned this from something that was really fun to do once or twice a day into an absolute brick wall.  I can't imagine players who's best things are like... a Paris Prime and a normal Lex getting past more than a wave or two now.  Is Khora Warframe's official "top tier meta players only" frame now?  I got the impression Sanctuary Onslaught normal was the casual mode, "bring whatever the hell you want and if you play decently you should do decent or better" while Elite was the "no nubs meta scrubs only" mode.  But heck, I feel like, right now, I'd need to go make some meta-scrub "kill all enemies the instant they spawn" build just to make it to wave 8.

And a couple of other relevant tidbits:  Grineer are a friggin' @#&$ block in Onslaught.  Keeping pace with them on the map is several times harder because of their armor scaling makes them take much longer to kill.  Toss in their pulls/knock downs and ability to hit scan snipe on any open map and might as well just give up if you're not super overgeared presently.  Meanwhile, magnet bubbles are just a $&*^ move.  They suck in the enemies, who can shoot out but you can't shoot in unless you have the right element (which I didn't).  I got lucky and something bursted a bubble full of enemies so I could get enough efficiency to advance.  Otherwise the floor effectively flipped me the bird for not bringing an electric or magnetic gun without knowing ahead of time.

Edited by Hearsay

With the Magnectic Bubbles, you can shoot your Operator’s beam into it to remove it. But with the current enemy scaling in the Onslaught (At least in Elite), Maiming Strike and AoE cheese is still needed if you want to reach Wave 8. The Efficency is better than Pre - Hotfix but it’s still Efficency and the Ability Lockout makes you force your weapons more too. Kill Fast = easy Zone 8 or 9. Kill slower = Zone 6 at least. It’s playing a Survival at one hour or higher since Life support hardly drop at that time.

I feel your pain Hearsay, I don't think DE have yet tweaked the fine details between solo and group, the spawnrates are still iffy on some tilesets and the Grineer heavies seem to be over cooked for the content it's meant to be.

In most other content throughout the start chart with mobs ranging from 20-30 you'd be more inclined to pick a frame/loadout that is fun for you to play, but here in normal onslaught you really have to narrow it down a little and maybe change your playstyle.

I'm currently using Maiming prime reach Atterax with Inaros and having an awful time, but it's the only way I myself have been able to do it, it really shouldn't be this way, I'm a filthy casual myself though I've had a shower and smell lovely. :smile: