The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaws and new Zaw parts

ZappyEel

Hello! Let me start with my personal issue.

I have a machete Zaw that I really really like. This machete has the cyath strike, peye grip and Ekwana Ruhang II link. I have put a catalyst and 2 formas on it.
the issue I have is, that i would like to tweak this zaw by giving it the Korb grip and Ekwana Jai II link, in order to boost the attack speed slightly and reducing the damage slightly (and ultimately giving it more raw DPS).
To do this, i would have to build it again and put a catalyst and 2 formas on it again.
and if i want to tweak it again when new zaw parts come out, i would have to spend another catalyst and 2 formas once again

This is a big problem. What i would suggest is the ability to tweak the parts of existing zaws (with the suggested restriction of having to keep the same weapon type) and that it costs something extra (maybe some rare gems or smth like that) and a build time, in which you are not able to use the zaw.

This change would be extremely appreciated.

Lots of love, Zappy

Edited by Zappey96

Great idea. Building and rebuilding zaws is cheap in rep, but a bit steep in mats and other things OP mentions. Another possibility would be a high rep item that breaks zaws back into components, with the potato and forma remaining "attached" somehow to the strike. The rep on this item/Hok service could be quite high, 50-100k, to make it doable but costly.

Edited by Buttaface

2 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I disagree. Machete wraith and gazel machete are two different weapons and yet people that like machetes... Generally have both. Different strikes/parts = different weapons. 

Build a new one... So u gotta grind a lil bit. No biggie

I don’t think we should be comparing saw crafting to standard weapon obtainmemt

13 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I disagree. Machete wraith and gazel machete are two different weapons and yet people that like machetes... Generally have both. Different strikes/parts = different weapons. 

Build a new one... So u gotta grind a lil bit. No biggie

gazel machete and machete wraith function fundamentally different. changing just the grip or link of a zaw just changes the stats slightly.

11 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Regardless. Once guilded, shouldnt be able to be changed without building another one.

Now changing them before being guilded? I can see that

They are junk before they are gilded, so the above argument fails. You are comparing apples and oranges, so your larger argument fails also. Regular weapons require the preexisting farming that is done for all other crafting, and aren't made in pieces. As new zaw types are added that use the same pieces, why not allow players some mechanic to disassemble and reassemble them? Zaws require farming -different- specific side games, fishing and mining, that require significant Ostron rep grinding to even do, and then more Ostron rep and side game mats on top of that to make their parts and gild them. Stating that "you can't take apart a gazal machete" is missing the point entirely. Of course you skip that the mechanic for taking apart the zaw could itself involve a significant Ostron rep expenditure.

Edited by Buttaface

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

But I’d DE insists on expanding the zaws then it kind of unfair to force us to build a whole new zaw just to switch out 1 part

You know in advance how the zaws work and that DE can add more parts. It is not unfair at all.

26 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

They are junk before they are gilded, so the above argument fails. You are comparing apples and oranges, so your larger argument fails also. Regular weapons require the preexisting farming that is done for all other crafting, and aren't made in pieces. As new zaw types are added that use the same pieces, why not allow players some mechanic to disassemble and reassemble them? Zaws require farming -different- specific side games, fishing and mining, that require significant Ostron rep grinding to even do, and then more Ostron rep and side game mats on top of that to make their parts and gild them. Stating that "you can't take apart a gazal machete" is missing the point entirely. Of course you skip that the mechanic for taking apart the zaw could itself involve a significant Ostron rep expenditure.

You can very easily know how the weapon will perform pre-gild, so no, your argument fails. Rebuilding a zaw before gilding is the only way DE can do it if at all.

17 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

You know in advance how the zaws work and that DE can add more parts. It is not unfair at all.

You can very easily know how the weapon will perform pre-gild, so no, your argument fails. Rebuilding a zaw before gilding is the only way DE can do it if at all.

Straw man. I didn't say anything about knowing or not how a weapon will perform, my claim was that using gilding as the point of no return ignores the fact that zaws are junk before they are gilded. The "fail" argument is that rebuilding a zaw before gilding is the "only way" DE can do it. That's complete malarkey that you just made up out of thin air. Of course they could have a high rep based item that would deconstruct a gilded zaw, and it wouldn't take much programming resources to add such.

Edited by Buttaface

9 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

Straw man. I didn't say anything about knowing or not how a weapon will perform, my claim was that using gilding as the point of no return ignores the fact that zaws are junk before they are gilded. The "fail" argument is that rebuilding a zaw before gilding is the "only way" DE can do it. That's complete malarkey that you just made up out of thin air. Of course they could have a high rep based item that would deconstruct a gilded zaw, and it wouldn't take much programming resources to add such.

The only reason one would have to rebuild a zaw before gilding is because they dislike how it performs at a basic level. you can easily figure out how it will perform after gilding, allowing you to know after you have tested it if you are willing to gild it and dedicate to the stats it has. And no, I didn't make it up out of thin air, Straw man, DE doesn't allow weapons to be unbuilt, swapped, or traded after use, especially when said thing gives MR. Items you have earned MR with, which gilding a Zaw does, locks it to your account. They wont even refund you for the item after that point. It is locked in. So no they wont allow you to just rebuild a new zaw after gilding it, it undermines their progression system and how they intend the game to be played. Get over it.

You know zaws are junk before they are gilded, and you know what they will upgrade to after gilding. If you cant figure out with that information if it will be good or not then thats a lack on your end.

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The only reason one would have to rebuild a zaw before gilding is because they dislike how it performs at a basic level. you can easily figure out how it will perform after gilding, allowing you to know after you have tested it if you are willing to gild it and dedicate to the stats it has. And no, I didn't make it up out of thin air, Straw man, DE doesn't allow weapons to be unbuilt, swapped, or traded after use, especially when said thing gives MR. Items you have earned MR with, which gilding a Zaw does, locks it to your account. They wont even refund you for the item after that point. It is locked in. So no they wont allow you to just rebuild a new zaw after gilding it, it undermines their progression system and how they intend the game to be played. Get over it.

You know zaws are junk before they are gilded, and you know what they will upgrade to after gilding. If you cant figure out with that information if it will be good or not then thats a lack on your end.

Again, misses the point and compounds the original straw man. And yeah, you DID make it up, and are continuing to make stuff up at a rapid pace. There is no reason a zaw couldn't be deconstructed into parts without any MR issues, you made that up. DE didn't "allow" arcanes to be on duplicate gear and to be removed at will at one point, now they do, so you made up the nonsense about what they "allow" or don't. No one said anything about trading parts, so you made that up. You made up the part about "refunds" which is wholly irrelevant. Finally, you "made up" the nonsense about "their progression system" and "how they intend the game to be played." Basically every sentence in your reply is a fabrication you just made up.

This forum is for feedback, where players comment on game mechanics and often request -changes- to those mechanics, which are, surprise surprise, often changed. That you don't grasp that is sad, but I think you are just being purposefully argumentative. If it is your opinion that the zaws should not be broken down, that's fine, but grounding that opinion on erroneous claims re "that's just how the game is" is puerile.

56 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

I agree, also u can use semlar to find out how stats will be pre and post guilded. DE will continue to add zaw parts, so players should either wait to build or grind enough to build multiple.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

1 minute ago, Buttaface said:

Again, misses the point and compounds the original straw man. And yeah, you DID make it up, and are continuing to make stuff up at a rapid pace. There is no reason a zaw couldn't be deconstructed into parts without any MR issues, you made that up. DE didn't "allow" arcanes to be on duplicate gear and to be removed at will at one point, now they do, so you made up the nonsense about what they "allow" or don't. No one said anything about trading parts, so you made that up. You made up the part about "refunds" which is wholly irrelevant. Finally, you "made up" the nonsense about "their progression system" and "how they intend the game to be played." Basically every sentence in your reply is a fabrication you just made up.

This forum is for feedback, where players comment on game mechanics and often request -changes- to those mechanics, which are, surprise surprise, often changed. That you don't grasp that is sad, but I think you are just being purposefully argumentative. If it is your opinion that the zaws should not be broken down, that's fine, but grounding that opinion on erroneous claims re "that's just how the game is" is puerile.

Again... missing everything. Arcanes don't attribute to MR, they don't lock to your account. They don't do anything more than a mod would. Your argument there was pointless and did absolutely nothing to counter anything I've said. And no, I didn't make it up, you just lack the ability to put things together and comprehend what was written. You cant do ANYTHING with an item you have gained MR on other than use it or sell it for credits. That is because of how DE has decided how weapons and gear that applies to your account's total progression are permitted to be used. They have been consistent on this behavior of gear from the closed alpha. The ability to disassemble zaws means that you are effectively able to swap the blades for the weapons and bypass most of the cost of building zaws so you can power through the MR they provide. DE does not allow that, otherwise they'd let you disassemble your guns or frames so you can build whatever new shiny has caught your attention. People have asked for this actually, as well with the ability to upgrade a non prime into a prime, and they have said no, that is not how they intend the game to work. If you want something, you build it. So no, I didn't make it up, you just are so dead set on being right that you have already decided everyone else is wrong.

You are sitting there screaming "Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!" with absolutely no idea what you are talking about here.

2 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Again... missing everything. Arcanes don't attribute to MR, they don't lock to your account. They don't do anything more than a mod would. Your argument there was pointless and did absolutely nothing to counter anything I've said. And no, I didn't make it up, you just lack the ability to put things together and comprehend what was written. You cant do ANYTHING with an item you have gained MR on other than use it or sell it for credits. That is because of how DE has decided how weapons and gear that applies to your account's total progression are permitted to be used. They have been consistent on this behavior of gear from the closed alpha. The ability to disassemble zaws means that you are effectively able to swap the blades for the weapons and bypass most of the cost of building zaws so you can power through the MR they provide. DE does not allow that, otherwise they'd let you disassemble your guns or frames so you can build whatever new shiny has caught your attention. People have asked for this actually, as well with the ability to upgrade a non prime into a prime, and they have said no, that is not how they intend the game to work. If you want something, you build it. So no, I didn't make it up, you just are so dead set on being right that you have already decided everyone else is wrong.

You are sitting there screaming "Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!" with absolutely no idea what you are talking about here.

Indeed. Buy a prisma grakata... Level it even a hair. Its urs forever. Cant leave ur inventory unless its sold. Anything that adds to mr... Is set in stone. Thats why unguilded would be possible, as unguilded, it doesn't effect mr.

The complete BS in this thread runs deep, there is exactly -0- game mechanic "hard coding," "lore," "design elements," or whatever preventing a zaw from being deconstructed... not traded, not get new mastery rank... d-e-c-o-n-s-t-r-u-c-t-e-d into parts for -that- player, and ONLY that player, to use to build a new zaw... for which no MR would result upon leveling. Get that through your heads.

"Its urs forever" "u can us semlar"

Bet the Company stopped even reading these forums ages ago due to the rivers of inanity within. OP had a good, reasonable idea. Agree with it or not, but please stop trolling with the absurdities which I'm starting to realize are just that, trolls who post ridiculous things trying to bait other posters into infractions.