Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How I fell even more in love with the Plains

First I want to start by saying I'm a Veteran and no this isn't to stroke my own ego, the simple point I'm trying to make with this statement is that I've seen a lot going through this game.  I was hyped for Archwing when it was announced and even though I don't love it now I don't hate it either.  This game has been through rough patches but one thing I've always noticed is how much the developers cared about the game they were making, never once did I think to myself "Man, DE really must hate us because they did ___ to punish us for playing their game."  I know that balance changes come but it isn't an attempt to punish people, it's an attempt to let everyone have fun which is a difficult task and I applaud them for it.

Now that I've gotten my gushing out of the way I want to bring up another topic.  I have never enjoyed Archwing on the planes, it's weird and makes me a little motion sick with how you can turn yourself upside down and the random drag you encounter while flying is a bit odd.  But for the first time today I was able to truly sit down and find a new sense of wonder and enjoyment on the plains in the form of the Dargyn.

I had done a bounty and was about to depart, looking to find something else to do perhaps another bounty or run off to fish but then I came across two Dargyn that were unguarded.  Being the cheeky little man I am I decided to go ahead and hop in one for fun since I'd only ever gotten to experience one for a short while before.  It's been about an hour and a half now and despite the fact I'm not doing anything in game I can't seem to get myself to leave the mission because I've fallen in love with this wonderful vehicle I've found.

So I guess at the end of the day this is a bit of a plea to DE, consider making a way to obtain a Dargyn for ourselves?  I feel it doesn't have to have customization for people to fully enjoy it though I'm certain some people would appreciate that sort of thing, I personally think it is fine as it is but I know I'm not a voice for everyone.  Maybe add a bit of a quest where we have to find one out there in the open and hijack it in order to get out own?  You could even make charges to summon it like the archwing but I'm truly in love with this thing and wish I could have it for more then just the very rare occurrences for when I come across them.  I know that is meant to be part of the charm of them but in general I've simply fallen in love with the way they act as a vehicle, the sounds and care put in to them, the way they have their own ammo that recharges.  Everything about them is beautiful and I'd love to be able to use one more often. 

jcK4Q0w.jpg 

P.S. I hope this is the right place to put this, it seemed most appropriate.

Edited by NaturallyIrrelevant

3 hours ago, ShinTechG said:

The plains still has a lot of potential! I actually hope they continue to add more to it even after Venus is released.

I agree man, I think it would be great if we could unlock vehicles and stuff for these places, I also think expansions to the area eventually could be fun.  I'd love a desert-like area where we could protect caravans and such.  Maybe I'm overly optimistic.  Lol.

I want to like the plains, yet I find myself avoiding it due to repetitive nature of the bounties, wisp farming, and Gem mining, but...for me I know that another daytime giant monster roaming around like the Terralyst with unique drops would get me back into hanging around all day in Cetus.