Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how to use inaros scarab armour

(XBOX)DukeVonKoln

Question

firstly im on xbox one and I've been using inaros lately for a change of pace and i can not figure out how to use the scarab armour, i can charge it for bonus armour that bits simple hold RB + X but what button(s) do i press to detonates the armour, i've tried taping the button(s) and holding it but nothing happens.

what am i doing wrong?

3 answers to this question

It's hard to do until you figure out the combination.

First you must have an enemy under your reticle.

Then hold right bumper and tap the corresponding button. I think it's x.

The key is that you have to have an enemy targeted for it to do anything.

This power is actually REALLY awesome. Since the effect is a hard CC, and even beating them to death will not free them, and it is contagious, Inaros has the potential to lockdown entire areas with one or two bursts.

Since the "reload" on this weapon is re-charging the armor with health, you'll want to make sure you stack up lots of self heals, but the great news is that the CC'd enemies are putting out continuous heals, and with two or three controlled, most Inaros' are able to charge to full without losing HP at all, if they are standing in the group. It can be renewed almost indefinitely, and with good duration can take down very high level mobs. One discharge of my Scarab Swarm can kill level 80 infested all by itself. It takes time, but they die.

Add to that if you like the Scarab Armor Syndicate Mod that turns any CC or status that hits you into a dinky 3% loss on that armor, and this gives Inaros a phenomenal mechanic for controlling an area, maintaining his HP, and killing mobs. It heals allies, it heals your sentinel (one of very few effects in the game that does) and it's one of the longest duration CC's in the game, completely ignoring the fact that half the CC's break if the mob is damaged (or looked at funny).

There is a big problem with this ability in teamplay, however. Players who either do not care or do not know what these Scarab infested mobs are see only easy kills, a fast place to up their damage numbers. So Inaros invests around half his HP in armor, then throws out 25%-50% of his armor to create a Scarab Swarm and looks to start restoring the armor by feeding off the heal... and some guy runs through waving his sword and they are all dead. Now Inaros has 62.5% armor, 75% HP, and no heals coming in, with more mobs on their way.

Rinse and repeat that a few times and you can EASILY find yourself at 2% armor, 10%hp, and unable to function.

I just got into an interception mission with three randos for a Tellurium. Seemed a simple enough prospect.
And it was high level Grineer,, so I brought my Inaros, as he is tough and viable and my favorite 'Frame.
And I had some Nyx who kept abandoning his own point and letting it get captured so that he could run through everyone else's points grabbing kills, to up his damage numbers.
Plus it was Nightmare 1/2 hp, which again I could have handled normally, but...
So I spent 1/4 of my HEALTH every time I spent 1/4 of my armor, and every time I did that to establish a Scarab Swarm and start regenerating, this kill hunting player would run into my point and kill them all.
I was at like, 200 hp for half the fight, having to eat them one at a time. VERY frustrating.

And that's my point right there. It wasn't the mobs or the mission, it was the actions of my fellow players that interfered so heavily with my function. I would like to see a Redesign of Scarab Armor with just ONE CHANGE to make it so that other players killing your Scarab infested mobs is not so detrimental. After all, the point of squad play is for us to work together, and the game does encourage everyone to run around killing mobs like crazy. It should not then punish the player who is trying to use his 'Frame's mechanics by turning his fellow players against him.

Please fix this DE.