Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multi Gpu - Cpu Issues (Tests Inside)

Zweden

After having done multiple testing with nVidia multi-gpu and realising that anytime I had multi-gpu mode ON the game would eventually crash after x mins into said mission.

I have latest nVidia drivers etc, bios, windows update and so on.

Also why i dont buy the "its my pc" is because this has not happened in any game i play today, (STO, POE, Neverwinter, Firefall, wow Hitman, Skyrim, FM2013, EVE and so on).

While ofc not excluding the fact that  some obscure setting would relive this issue besides disabling multi-gpu mode its a bit unreasonable I would have to find this gem on my own :).

Now to the VERY INTERESTING part, so again, Warframe is my passion atm so had this been any other game i would have been long gone, i have faith in DE ;)

I enabled MULTI-GPU mode, BUT prevented the game from using all but one CPU, and lo and behold GAME WORKS without crashing.

The interesting part tho is that at any point where the game would usually hang now i get lockups, like short freezez, ofc you say, its performance related, I only use one CPU, yes but this also tells me that at any point the engine tries to handle multi-threading you run the risk of lockups.

So i progress my testing but setting the affinity of the game to 2 cpu cores (i have 4) viola 3 mins into the game it hangs.

So why is it, that i can EITHER use one GPU with whatever amout of CPUs i have OR multi-GPU with only one CPU(core) but if i have both it will hang.

Ofc I dont ignore the possibility of my PC being the villan, but that would place the warframe engine among the primadonnas of engines, perhaps worse then CRYPTICs engine (neverwinter, STO, chamions).

My only goal is to get this resolved, so either this is helping DE somewhat or i am completely wrong but not from lack of trying.

Thank you!