Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery System 2.0 - Fix The Burnout

pdxdubin

Since I have been trying to establish a thread about this for a while, it always gets shot down for some reason.

So I will keep this short.

DE I really think we need to improve on the burnout factors

Adding an actual level cap to this game, above 12 ( Make it like 100 )

But let all affinity contribute towards it.

Now what would this do?

Well it would open up more opportunities for progression and make us feel like we are always contributing to something.

Now, What types of opportunities do I think this should bring up?

Level specific mods, skins, and weapons.

Mastery rank works, but it forces players to build weapons and warframes they might not want.

And for the players who are already at rank 11+ 

There is nothing for them to do but wait for additional content, and that does not work.

So change the system and start giving procedural rewards to really influence progress, and get people immersed into the game.

For example, There could be rare "ability" mods scattered out in the game, and once you get one of these mods.

You won't be able to use it unless your "level" is higher, meaning its not a certain system, but the idea of discovery is also there. 

So say you get an ultra rare mod for nyx that gives her a new ability, something different,

And your playing xini and you pick it up.

You won't be able to use this mod until you are at least level 20 in game or something.

It sounds harsh but it would keep people interested for a lot longer.

Giving DE room to further diversify into higher levels, releasing level specific areas or modes so that only the most elite players can do them.

But at the same time there would be lower leveled areas for people to do.

I think even the main story, or campaign could be broken into 5 level increments and then they could add a few levels to the level cap to expand on the story in the future.

Or even start the level cap out at 20 right now, with 4 campaign missions that can be played, that reward rare mods or cosmetic items in the end.

Like a campaign quest could be an alert or something you trigger, then you have to go through several maps before fighting a boss.

I duno, I just think the mastery system could be so much better..

Think about the level up tests.. there is so much potential here.  

Edited by pdxdubin

By campaign you mean a set of randomly picked missions ending in a boss fight right? That would be a lot better, just start a mission with a key and the reward is next mission (like Grineer Campaign Epilouge Key rewards Grineer Campaign 2. Mission Key, 2 rewards 3... last mission rewards Grineer Campaign Finale Key)

Because locking out players from story missions/quests by an arbitrary level cap is just silly, they will probably have their own natural level progression and /or scaling per planet.

also string: %warbros smack talk %&asuro&%

Edited by KONAir

By campaign you mean a set of randomly picked missions ending in a boss fight right? That would be a lot better, just start a mission with a key and the reward is next mission (like Grineer Campaign Epilouge Key rewards Grineer Campaign 2. Mission Key, 2 rewards 3... last mission rewards Grineer Campaign Finale Key)

Because locking out players from story missions/quests by an arbitrary level cap is just silly, they will probably have their own natural level progression and /or scaling per planet.

also string: %warbros smack talk %&asuro&%

No I think players need to be locked out of content, Not the current stuff, and they don't have to be boss fights.

I was saying that the campaign could be something you trigger,

and it takes you all over the maps specifically, maybe playing cut scenes to take you through a story, and then you fight the boss on sedna at its "true" power

But honestly its not about the campaigns, it was just a random idea.

The real issue is that players are stuck at rank 10-11 with nothing to do because it is content locked.

That needs to be addressed, and I think a level cap is a great way to do it, And incentive other then clan weapons need to be brought in.

Level specific mods and cosmetic items as well, not just weapons. 

Also please keep the clan stuff out of the discussion, this is not a place for that. 

Edited by pdxdubin

You can just lock the keys out with rank, it is an easy way to "save game" a la checkpoints. And it would keep things in line with everything else (special things come with keys!) and everything you came up with can be implemented easily as well as with "random campaign" rewards being high level rewards.

Ranks should also, if it ever happens, be directly linked to number of rooms can be used in player made levels and available nightmare modifiers.

Also Warbros best bros in everyboards.

Edited by KONAir

I don't like this because its just trying mask the issue more than fix it.

Dangling a new carrot on a stick does nothing for burn out. People will still burn out. If anything, adding more things ranked focused to progression in this manner will increase it, since players will try to rush it. Fixing the repetitive game-play does.

Dangling a new carrot on a stick does nothing for burn out. People will still burn out. If anything, adding more things ranked focused to progression in this manner will increase it, since players will try to rush it. Fixing the repetitive game-play does.

Like I said

people who have max level cant progress until DE releases content.

that is one of main reasons for a bunour 

Or make re-leveling weapons/frames after a Forma count towards Mastery. People should be rewarded for investing time, effort, and resources on a weapon of their choice, not be forced to make a bajillion weapons they aren't interested in.

I don't know. Scott said some scary stuff about deliberately introducing power creep and throwing out more and more inflated weapon reskins. I feel that's a horrible idea. Like Steve said the gameplay is fine. They're both right that we need more long-term goals, but I think we can find ways to do that while keeping the power level totally horizontal.

^ this

So much of this, the game is currently as repetitive as: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYo5xYiyRuk