Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Plague Star- Avoiding the Hemocyte getting stuck

(PSN)GL_alphamind

Question

I don't believe the event is still live for PC users but console users got 9 more days and the event could come back so I thought this would be useful to share.

If you don't want to read my long story: Sometimes the Hemocyte get's stuck in the boil and won't agro (usually the scythe head) meaning it will remain invulnerable. To avoid this, make sure your not doing anything to agro it while it's leaving the boil (I think a teammate used an archwing ability). Also don't be using Razorbwing as Titania. Do however use Titania's  razorflies to agro the hemocyte! They can get agro while you stay away from the boils toxic fumes.

The Story:

I read the wiki and it said that archwings can help you avoid the infested while fighting the hemocyte and that Titania's Razorwing can't be knocked out of the air like an archwing. So I made a build for fighting the hemocyte with Razorwing. A few tests with different mods on my gun and bam, I done the most damage almost every game accept(just one where I couldn't keep up). 

I stumbled upon the glitch with a bunch of randoms, first time I saw people using archwings and I think that might have affected it. Had the hemo stuck before but it would be close enough to agro. At one point I go to the wiki to do some research and saw someone mention agro. So shot a bunch of infested on the boil (hidden unless your in the air) and that got it to do one attack. Then I realized the attacks were because of my razorflies going near the thing. Unfortunately I realized this as half the squad left and the 4th person couldn't really fight the level 84 hemo so I had to solo it. Bright side? 3k rep and the people who left used the items.

In case your wondering, Razorwing build focuses on improving efficiency, duration and strength by crippling range (narrow minded+ Prime continuity making up for transient fortitude). My lank has enough forma for my eidolon build that I made a second config with 180+ Corrosive, serration, heavy caliber, split chamber and standard crit mods. Was using vigilante fervor (it fits polarity) but I realized I had enough capacity to put vig armaments instead (yet to try it but it sounds better on paper)

3 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, (PS4)GL_alphamind said:

I don't believe the event is still live for PC users but console users got 9 more days and the event could come back so I thought this would be useful to share.

If you don't want to read my long story: Sometimes the Hemocyte get's stuck in the boil and won't agro (usually the scythe head) meaning it will remain invulnerable. To avoid this, make sure your not doing anything to agro it while it's leaving the boil (I think a teammate used an archwing ability). Also don't be using Razorbwing as Titania. Do however use Titania's  razorflies to agro the hemocyte! They can get agro while you stay away from the boils toxic fumes.

The Story:

I read the wiki and it said that archwings can help you avoid the infested while fighting the hemocyte and that Titania's Razorwing can't be knocked out of the air like an archwing. So I made a build for fighting the hemocyte with Razorwing. A few tests with different mods on my gun and bam, I done the most damage almost every game accept(just one where I couldn't keep up). 

I stumbled upon the glitch with a bunch of randoms, first time I saw people using archwings and I think that might have affected it. Had the hemo stuck before but it would be close enough to agro. At one point I go to the wiki to do some research and saw someone mention agro. So shot a bunch of infested on the boil (hidden unless your in the air) and that got it to do one attack. Then I realized the attacks were because of my razorflies going near the thing. Unfortunately I realized this as half the squad left and the 4th person couldn't really fight the level 84 hemo so I had to solo it. Bright side? 3k rep and the people who left used the items.

In case your wondering, Razorwing build focuses on improving efficiency, duration and strength by crippling range (narrow minded+ Prime continuity making up for transient fortitude). My lank has enough forma for my eidolon build that I made a second config with 180+ Corrosive, serration, heavy caliber, split chamber and standard crit mods. Was using vigilante fervor (it fits polarity) but I realized I had enough capacity to put vig armaments instead (yet to try it but it sounds better on paper)

i love my Titania, but compared to how well my Buzlok wrecks the Hemocyte, archwing advantages just pale due to the status focus on Dex Pixia.

I prefer using Harrow, Crit buff, Self healing, ability to freeze the Hemocyte for easy popping of the blue head.

But yes, the scythe head will only attack and become vulnerable if you are within its attack range, otherwise it will just try to get close to whoever has aggro. something it cannot do if everyone is in the air.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

i love my Titania, but compared to how well my Buzlok wrecks the Hemocyte, archwing advantages just pale due to the status focus on Dex Pixia.

I prefer using Harrow, Crit buff, Self healing, ability to freeze the Hemocyte for easy popping of the blue head.

But yes, the scythe head will only attack and become vulnerable if you are within its attack range, otherwise it will just try to get close to whoever has aggro. something it cannot do if everyone is in the air.

Didn't realize Harrow's ability can freeze the hemocyte. I haven't leveled up my archwing at all. I should try different crit weapons (started with corinth and while I tried to stay close, Idk if I was doing the best damage I could). Also while there is a status focus on dex pixia, it fires fast enough to where you can get a a few crits in with each burst. I know the status and crit chance are both low so it feels some what pointless. Titania is still my go to just because I can easily stay safe in public and just have to make sure to reactivate my ability when I solo. My personal build does suck if there are no hemocytes. It can still kill but it's weird shooting the infected from the air, it's easier to just get on the ground with my secondary or melee