Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobs, Aggro, And You: A Way To Make The Game Less Irritating

FatRefrigerator

YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT GRINDS MY GEARS?

Every single mob on the entire map knows exactly where you are at all times once you are detected.

Okay, okay, yeah they pulled the alarm, big whoop. If someone in a building pulls a fire alarm do you instantly and eternally know the precise location of the fire? No! Of course you don't! It's called not being omniscient! And at this point in the game, the enemies are omniscient. There is no way to flank enemies around cover because they know exactly when you're going to round the corner, even if they were shooting in the other direction moments before. The ability to flank is also hindered by the highly linear design of most rooms/areas, but that's a whole different gear grinder that I could go on about for a while.

YOU WANNA KNOW HOW TO KEEP MY GEARS FROM GRINDING?

Use WD-40 every 6 to 8 weeks depending on use or Make any mobs that do not have visual/auditory contact of you have to reacquire your location when they next see/hear you.

If you go around a wall and hide behind a crate on the other side, mobs that were just shooting at you before you disappeared should have to go looking for you near your last known location and not just walk directly to your current location and start shooting/barrel humping you the instant they get to you.

Adding on to this point, if you run around behind wall to flank an enemy and your teammates are still shooting in the enemy's direction, it should switch targets from you to your teammate. Thus, you would be able to flank the enemy(s) successfully. (I might add that this would add to Rhino's usability as a Tank. Iron Skin>Shoot>Let teammates flank>We're all happy because we aren't just rushing anymore.)

One last way to oil my grinding gears:

Currently, once the alarm is pulled, pretty much every single enemy waits and aims at the door(I say "the" door, because as I mentioned before, the maps are gear-grindingly linear), waiting for you to come through. I don't mind them being in a "readied" state, but at least make them unaware of where and when you will be entering the room.

Soooo....yeah....

its-something.jpg

Well in livesteam 11 I think it was, and I believe it was Steve but don't hold me to that, stated that they were working on a more non-linear approach to room design. No ETA on that or really any word since that brief passing remark, but it may be coming. As for the enemy being omniscient, I totally agree. They should have to find you. The alarm should make stealth and flanking harder, not impossible. Currently there is no such thing as tactics in this game, just rushing or speed killing at most. Sprint in>press 4. I agree with all of your frustrations, they grind my gears as well. 

I agree with all, yet I disagree with it too.

Yes, they "always" know where you are. Annoying and kind of surreal. Problematic? Not really. Most of the time they even try to take cover to the wrong side. Also, sometimes they are actually not we-always-know-where-you-are. I have had cases of running around some room just to find a couple of them taking cover to a place I was a while ago and do nothing until I hit them (I suspect there is something else on that, like a perma-state of cover and never reaching a condition to leave it).

As for them waiting for you to come at the door... I wish they do that more often. They are supposed to know from which room we are coming from (they activated the alarm after all... and we killed a bunch of them). An ambush should be a really nice addition. They do it occasionally and not often at all. They usually just come one by one and get in line to the slaughter house (or room...). The problem with the ambushes is as inthephonebox said: you just run in and press 4.

This would also be great for Loki players. Alert is raised, Loki sends a decoy to the other end of the room/map. "He's in sector 12, he's in sector 12!" All mobs run to cover where they think the enemy is and the team casually walks into Mordor gets past them.

This would also be great for Loki players. Alert is raised, Loki sends a decoy to the other end of the room/map. "He's in sector 12, he's in sector 12!" All mobs run to cover where they think the enemy is and the team casually walks into Mordor gets past them.

Ain't like you getting both point of Loki and Warframe itself. Loki has a reason why his helmet gives him similar to hammerhead shark. He is fast and his strikes are sudden.

And about Warframe? It's a game about squad of overpowered scumbags from ancient freezers. You are worse than conquistadors to rednecks, killing them when angered, scared, stressed or bored. By pressing one god damned button.

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou

Wait wait.. they ALWAYS know where you are? Thats definitely not true. The AI is STUPID and does't know anything. I can get into a fire fight, shoot at a bunch of enemies, make a U turn around the map e.g. the corpus ship tileset has plenty of this stuff. theres 2 paths that merge into 1 to exit to the next tile so its a 0 shape. I can get into a firefight at the bottom left corner, follow it anticlockwise and loop back around.. the enemies are still facing where I was firing from.. and not paying attention to me coming from behind.

Ain't like you getting both point of Loki and Warframe itself. Loki has a reason why his helmet gives him similar to hammerhead shark. He is fast and his strikes are sudden.

And about Warframe? It's a game about squad of overpowered scumbags from ancient freezers. You are worse than conquistadors to rednecks, killing them when angered, scared, stressed or bored. By pressing one god damned button.

And you don't get the fact that not everyone is like you. Not everyone uses press4towin. I run Nyx mostly, try press4towin with her, I dare ya!

Some of us like a little more from our game. Some of us want the option to stealth, to deceive, to avoid. And some of us just want to ult everything. It's all about choice.

And you don't get the fact that not everyone is like you. Not everyone uses press4towin. I run Nyx mostly, try press4towin with her, I dare ya!

Some of us like a little more from our game. Some of us want the option to stealth, to deceive, to avoid. And some of us just want to ult everything. It's all about choice.

And unfortunately, the choice to press that big, scary, #4 button is one that can take away from the gaming experience of the rest of the squad when used repeatedly. Sure it's nice to have an "emergency button", but not so much to have a "oh cool I see 4 blue energy orbs on the ground so I can ult now, button".

And unfortunately, the choice to press that big, scary, #4 button is one that can take away from the gaming experience of the rest of the squad when used repeatedly. Sure it's nice to have an "emergency button", but not so much to have a "oh cool I see 4 blue energy orbs on the ground so I can ult now, button".

That's one reason I love Nyx. You still actually have to kill the mobs, they just help :P

And it doesn't clear the room, you have to do that yourself. Unlike press4towin kill everything in sight uilts

No, it's pretty much the same, on any high level enemy kill themselves much more effective than you are with your tiny guns. Also, it give short stun and resets agro. The only backdraft is possible situation on defense, when your weapon is too weak to kill them and bulb breaks the rule "Don't be that nearest".

Also, Chaos + Shade = Loki - uselessness.

When alarm is on, they scan the ship and they have you on their sensors. That's why they always know where you are. If you want to stealth you should make sure that nobody gets to the terminal.

Then instead of the Lotus saying "you've been detected, you're on the sensors now." She should say, "You've been detected, and coincidentally the enemies have just acquired x-ray vision."

Then instead of the Lotus saying "you've been detected, you're on the sensors now." She should say, "You've been detected, and coincidentally the enemies have just acquired x-ray vision."

I would say that the ship has heat sensors and this information is passed to individual troops.

I would say that the ship has heat sensors and this information is passed to individual troops.

If this is the case, then the whole ninja aspect of the game, which has already been torn to pieces by the weapons we're using, is further destroyed by the fact that it is currently very difficult to even BE a ninja due to the fact that getting detected is almost inevitable. They either need to make it a bit easier to not be detected so readily, or make it so we can disappear into the shadows once we are detected.

YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT GRINDS MY GEARS?

*snip*

100% agreed.  I remember going through a fan vent on a Grineer mission.  And even before I could hit the fan, they were turning and shooting at me like I had lowjack on my Tenno...

I hope the AI improvements turn out really well.  It will make this game much more entertaining. 

100% agreed.  I remember going through a fan vent on a Grineer mission.  And even before I could hit the fan, they were turning and shooting at me like I had lowjack on my Tenno...

I hope the AI improvements turn out really well.  It will make this game much more entertaining. 

Yeah, the AI needs to be much more complex that it currently is

If this is the case, then the whole ninja aspect of the game, which has already been torn to pieces by the weapons we're using, is further destroyed by the fact that it is currently very difficult to even BE a ninja due to the fact that getting detected is almost inevitable. They either need to make it a bit easier to not be detected so readily, or make it so we can disappear into the shadows once we are detected.

That' why I'm for warframes to be undetectable by sensors. Let the alarm to send reinforcements to alarmed room and enemies in nearby rooms will be alerted. But they won't know where exactly you are unless someone saw you. That would enable player to do stealth kills every time when they sneak up on enemy no matter whether is alarm on or off.

And let us do more things with consoles. I want to be able to lock down room, stop alert in room and put in false information about my position so the enemy will send troops to wrong room.

That' why I'm for warframes to be undetectable by sensors. Let the alarm to send reinforcements to alarmed room and enemies in nearby rooms will be alerted. But they won't know where exactly you are unless someone saw you. That would enable player to do stealth kills every time when they sneak up on enemy no matter whether is alarm on or off.

And let us do more things with consoles. I want to be able to lock down room, stop alert in room and put in false information about my position so the enemy will send troops to wrong room.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

but unfortunately people don't like this because it "forces them to play a certain way"(which it absolutely does not), and people are always rushing, and at the moment, rushing is smart because there's no incentive to not rush

but unfortunately people don't like this because it "forces them to play a certain way"(which it absolutely does not), and people are always rushing, and at the moment, rushing is smart because there's no incentive to not rush

I would like to know how this forces them to play any differently than they do now. If they want to rush or just go and kill anything that moves, they can. But if you decide to go stealthy, you just got yourself a stealth mission.

This all sounds amazing...every last bit of it.

Especially adding functionality to consoles.  There are plenty of red doors in every mission that can be used as spawn doors, where enemies would continuously pour out until you hack a console and lock the door.  (After the first wave, don't allow mods or resources to drop to prevent farming).

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Hell, I'm all for taking a stealthier approach. It would be even better if we were rewarded with a bonus incentive for completing a level without being detected (except of course in some missions like defense/mobile defense/assassination).

In regards to the linearity of the tilesets, we need more alternate routes, like shortcuts or the like, that can only be made available if a control panel is successfully hacked, a complex one, mind you. 

And the rushers? Derp, they gonna rush, but instead of activating that stupid countdown timer, they get a prompt asking them if they wish to finish the mission and leave or wait for the missing teammates (who lagged behind or were too slow to keep up)., after all, there are FOUR escape ships waiting for us at the end of the level (mostly!). I know this suggestion is problematic, given the current Peer to Peer system and its faults, and in order to make it happen we'd need dedicated servers of some kind. But in the long run, I'm guessing it would be worth it, farmers could carry on their harvesting of creds/exp/matls undisturbed and rushers could, well, rush.

Imho, postpone the new content, and add the fixes and the stuff we really need in order to have fun.

Edited by RazorTip