The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding the melee rework...

mydvndnl

I have to say, i used it too, not often, but i did. Melee things at a Door corner. It gets boring fast, thats true, but its efficient on those farm runs with paper frames. Usefulness aside, i agree with the change. But here is what im worried about: geometry shouldnt get affected by this. can't kill something just tru a small console with melee? bull****;. i know there are people out there trying to tell me: hey, but you cant pass solid surfaces with your katana in real life too! but listen guys, this is a GAME. this should be better then real life. 

Now, for what i know: the warframe tilesets are made out of multiple pre mapped smaller tiles wich are put together at random, giving us the illusion of diversity... now here comes the "fix" for the above stated issue with "smaller things" arent penetrable by melee: i think atleast 75% of all CS, CSS, CSGO players tryed to make a map, some are less successful then others, but: you should have noticed there are special textures in there that dont get rendered ingame, and are there for preventing the player or bullets from going tru. here is the idea: adept the concept of this really simple solution and put "no melee clips" infront of all the walls you dont want to get penetrated by melee. this would take a while, but it would be worth it for sure, this is the main problem i see with the coming changes. i also know nobody will give a **** at DE for this idea, but atleast i can sleep like a baby because i tryed to give them some ideas to not ruin melee completely.

I know there are more issues to discuss ( light attack dmg multiplyer gone? hahahaha good joke, pls dont ruin it) but this is what got me the most concerned.

Regards, dnL

(To all the grammar obsessed folks: thats not my first language and i was in a rush.)

Edited by mydvndnl

I'd agree with this change. Designating objects/materials as melee clipping would work effectively.

I feel like another way around it would be to give all melee weapons a small amount of punch through, preventing them from being used through walls and thick doors, but allowing them to pass through thin barriers and stuff. Then, make the Thrown Weapon punch through mod apply to all melee weapons, and just give it a punch through value like Primary and Secondary weapons