Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE - Archwing Disabler

TioMegaManX

Why is this a thing? why allowing people to use archwings in the first place if they will not only be a limited resource just to be a glorified fast travel tool? so they want us now to use those Grineer vehicles? that means we have to go to the nearest camp every time and pick one, incursions and bounties are a pain as it is now when they decide to put multiple objectives several miles apart from one another, are they supposed to be OP or what? if so, how? infinite altitude? not a chance, the ceiling is relative to the height of the area you are in, Grineer camps still have anti air turrets (that are not disablers), there are still gunships here and there and let's not even mention the fact that enemy scaling is horrendously bad (almost Pokemon Battle Frontier levels of biased.)

il y a 28 minutes, VanFanel1980mx a dit :

Why is this a thing? why allowing people to use archwings in the first place if they will not only be a limited resource just to be a glorified fast travel tool? so they want us now to use those Grineer vehicles? that means we have to go to the nearest camp every time and pick one, incursions and bounties are a pain as it is now when they decide to put multiple objectives several miles apart from one another, are they supposed to be OP or what? if so, how? infinite altitude? not a chance, the ceiling is relative to the height of the area you are in, Grineer camps still have anti air turrets (that are not disablers), there are still gunships here and there and let's not even mention the fact that enemy scaling is horrendously bad 

100% Agree. I see drivable Dargyns as a waste of time and effort from DE while they could have improved Archwing instead. Now they're working on trucks because guess what, Archwing will be even less reliable on the Venus open world because of insane snow storms or something. 

Skywing is only good for traveling, and even Zephyr/Nova can beat them at that (Hel, a Volt once ran past me while I was going full speed my Elytron). The abilities aren't good enough for regular enemies and I can't kill any enemy past lvl 30 with a freakin' Warhead to the face. Wouldn't be so bad if I could use many, but since I have to be on the ground to pick up energy orbs, using abilities for something else than deflecting AA missiles is nonsense. 

There are so many problems with Archwing in general that it would need a Megathread just to name them all. 

il y a 39 minutes, VanFanel1980mx a dit :

(almost Pokemon Battle Frontier levels of biased.)

Yup, pretty much. Their minimum level of difficulty is your absolute maximum, so add to that the insane RNG and the fact that Archwing doesn't scale well past lvl 30 against regular enemies like those in the plains and you get one of the biggest problem in the Plains besides crashes and FPS losses. 

2 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Yup, pretty much. Their minimum level of difficulty is your absolute maximum, so add to that the insane RNG and the fact that Archwing doesn't scale well past lvl 30 against regular enemies like those in the plains and you get one of the biggest problem in the Plains besides crashes and FPS losses. 

Nothing scales on the player's end, some people try to defend it by saying it would make difficulty pointless but every time I die to a random hazard in a sortie with a 100% Guarding Halo getting melted in less than a second I just can't understand why people really asked for that kind of difficulty design, procs that bypass shields and deal more damage than whatever max stats you could even achieve, insane damage, insane bullet sponges, and in this case basically a whole mode disabler, the next step will be a literally infinite radius nullifier bubble, instant death 100% turning rate missiles, etc., this is a design roadblock that lots of players keep applauding, I could agree with the developers in how endless missions should not be quite the thing, just because you can try to survive one hour killing enemies with increasing numbers doesn't mean you should.