Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

New Saryn Spores not casting/popping

Crezetique

Had a kinda similar issue just now on Hydron. Spores got stuck as "Active" but no targets were taking damage, no spores were actually active anywhere. 

The UI Jewel was still up and stuck on 115, but it had no targets affected and it wasn't counting up or going away. 

To reset it I ran into a group of enemies and killed myself then forced a rez. When I was alive again it was back to "Normal". 

It happens when the Enemy got affected by spore not being killed properly afaik (like going to conduit, fall off the map) or casting spore on enemy right at the time he playing death animation (he is dead but spore still cast).

I have a link that shown the bug, it even eats my energy like channeling ability:

https://media.giphy.com/media/uieXj50VoRIK8Wy55k/giphy.gif

During an Onslaught mission, I cast spore on a Corrupted Lancer the moment it died, and my spore counter remained stuck through out the run. The images include the spore counter, and zone transition from 4 to 5. I could not cast the ability, but I could cast everything else.

qnLooBq.jpg

after

RPtJZt0.jpg

This exact thing just happened to me. The ability is amazing and highly damaging if you stack a lot of damage but defo buggy. I also went through a portal with the spores still on and it bugged it the same way!

Same problem.  Cast spores on a target that got killed.  The jewel locked at 24 with no infection counter below it.  Really frustrating since the only fix I know of is dying.  Falling off the map or jumping into a conduit doesn't reset this.

I managed to pull off this bug twice in a single SO mission without going through conduits. Both times I cast spores on an enemy that died as I was casting. Both times the counter on the side got stuck on "21" for a while then eventually went away, but I couldn't cast Spores again until I died and used a revive.

I'm having an issue where if Saryn targets an enemy with her spores right as they are killed by another player it causes the game to glitch. the spore counter shows but with no total enemy counter and the ability cannot be cast for the rest of the mission after it happens. 

Same problem here. Happened twice today.

tOYO1G0.jpg

Entering "spoiler mode" will make the indicator dissapear, but Spores will remain unusable even after using ability reset triggers (/unstuck, nullifiers and falling from the cliff), only death seems to work.

Edited by d3me
Image inserted

Haven't hosted other players but Solo this isn't an issue.

Solo - No Issue
Hosting - Untested
Low Latency - Untested
High Latency 250ms+ - Issue as described by OP, if cast on an enemy that is "dying" Spore becomes locked (that or locks up for another reason?)

Just happened to me. I cast spores and during animation the enemy died. Then the game showed the ability as being active but couldn't recast because the enemy was already dead. On the UI it showed the damage built up, but no enemies affected.

today i was ranking up my saryn prime after using a forma on it which is fine. around 5min ago of typing this (3:11PM est) i was in hydron and my spores counter was on screen and frozen on 23. but it didnt say anything was infected. i couldnt pop the spores and i couldnt recast this. i pointed at enemies and everything and i didnt even get a little "invalid target" or "insufficient energy" at the bottom of my screen! please fix this because i was unable to use spores completely and i was practically a sitting duck!!! the picture below shows exactly what i mean. theres nothing indicating that there are active spores on a target and yet it claims that there are. again. i wasnt able to recast/pop my spores at all and the counter was stuck at 23 the entire match. please fix this as i fear it could've been worse or the glitch could escalate.Warframe0344.jpg

The same is happening to me too.  I found that if the enemy that I'm casting Spore on is killed while I'm in the middle of the casting animation then Spore bugs out and I can't cast it anymore.  I don't know if this is the only trigger but this is what usually causes it for me.

It seems to happen 1/25 times casting spore. Pressing 5 and returning does remove the GUI component of spore however, does not reset the ability and for some reason not being able to cast spore for the rest of the match. Sometime it gets fixed on death (rare), or entering onslaught portals.

I have encountered this issue twice now and it appears to happen when an enemy is killed within quick succession of the ability being cast, it only seems to happen when a player not the Saryn kills the target.
Hope this is helpful.

With Respect

M0DFAN1000

Got locked out of spores again post-hotfix, jumped through an onslaught gate while they were still active on enemies in the previous tile and I couldn't cast it once I transported into the new tile.  Had the exact same problem with the GUI being stuck on some arbitrary number.  Could only fix it with dying and rezzing.

Also, I don't know if this is intentional, but if multiple Saryns put a spore on a single target, only one Saryn's spores spread while the others are completely cancelled out.  I think it's based on who casts first, but I could be wrong.  I've also noticed that spores don't spread to other enemies that have been spored by a different Saryn.  I've noticed it several times but I'll collect more evidence to be sure that's what's going on.  I get if it's an intentional feature why you'd want to do that because I'm guessing the damage would be absurd, but in the same take that means if you have more than one Saryn in the party the actual use of spore becomes one-sided and could very well be pointless for someone based on whether you spec more in range than the other.