Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Bug?

StarFox900

So new update seems to have brought there universal controller support they was going to add but I'm hoping it's not working right now as I have problems with it 

1.i used to be able to access options by pressing A X Y B to get into equipment or upgrade fast. Now I have to use the right stick to go all the way to it 

2.the D Pad no longer works for anything again I used to be able to navigate the menu section with it easily and pick weapons and mods with it not again o have to use the right stick like a mouse

3.when picking mods I now have to hold down A and drag the mod before I clicked a then move to where I wanted it then press a again to drop it there 

4.in some sections of the UI pressing LB or RB doesn't work anymore like on the world map area I can't scroll with them to open the alerts section anymore I have to move my stick again to open it up 

So I'm hoping there bugs in the controller you system if not they've ruined controller support terriblely 

54 minutes ago, StarFox900 said:

So new update seems to have brought there universal controller support they was going to add but I'm hoping it's not working right now as I have problems with it 

1.i used to be able to access options by pressing A X Y B to get into equipment or upgrade fast. Now I have to use the right stick to go all the way to it 

2.the D Pad no longer works for anything again I used to be able to navigate the menu section with it easily and pick weapons and mods with it not again o have to use the right stick like a mouse

3.when picking mods I now have to hold down A and drag the mod before I clicked a then move to where I wanted it then press a again to drop it there 

4.in some sections of the UI pressing LB or RB doesn't work anymore like on the world map area I can't scroll with them to open the alerts section anymore I have to move my stick again to open it up 

So I'm hoping there bugs in the controller you system if not they've ruined controller support terriblely 

Found a temporary work-around:

> Open Options, and go to Control Settings

> Before you go into Customize Controller, Set the Control Icon Set to whatever your controller is (in my case, it's Xbox)

> Go to Customize Controller

> When you are in the Customize Controller menu, what I did was set my custom config using my Controller, and not my mouse i.e. I was moving around with my Controller, and not using my mouse

> Customize your buttons the way yo want

> When done, press the button to go "Back"

> When prompted with the save your settings menu, select "Yes"

> Select "Confirm" on the next menu

When I did this, I went into a game, and my custom settings were retained. Hopefully this helps

My in game controller are fine it's just the UI controls like I stated above you can't edit them there part of the UI system like when I said the equip upgrade there should or used to be a quick way to access that with X Y and so on and we'll the menu was open you could use the D pad to navigate the sections and not use the right stick as a mouse 

3 hours ago, StarFox900 said:

yeah, all this!

plus:

it´s no fun or practical at all to let us use a cursor to navigate menus.

in the arsenal everything is to small to hit it with the cursor.

in the normal pause menu it takes to long to bring the cursor from one side to the other side of the screen.

drag+drop for mods takes to long, too.

if u change the speed of the cursor it´s too imprecise.

all these things worked perfectly before!

please make controller usable again, thx

Running into periodic issues with button presses not working.

Options button not bringing up the menu.

LB and RB not working in the System Nav menu to change tabs.

Agree with the OP about the D-Pad for menu navigation. I'd like that back. The cursor is nice to have, but I'd like to have the D-Pad nav back as well. Especially since it's not doing anything else when in the menus. Why not both?

EDIT:

After playing a bit longer I see the other items the OP mentioned now as well. This is not good. 😞 Please help DE!

Edited by drSpockwa
discovered the other issues