Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new fishing UI & contrast changes

Bughead

My thoughts on recent changes to fishing UI and contrast?:

Fishing UI

While the menu wheel wasn't perfect in any sense, it at least worked for me. I could access and equip any desired baits, rods and accessories with 1 quick key (or 2 if fishing rod wasn't equipped). Now i have to equip a rod -> hold a key -> pick an item from the menu wheel.... which on paper looks a lot and in practice is even worse 😃. And I'll bet any UI designer doesn't want that kind of quick key/menu wheel mash up as it is.... Or do you?

Contrast changes

This might be a lot more subjective matter, but the contrast changes especially in dojo and in some degree PoE are so dark and grim that it doesn't feel natural and make me want to squint. And i tried adjusting the in-game brightness and contrast to match my preferrance with no luck.

Still, I love how DE goes with no fear with changes. Keep it up!

Bughead

PS. 1st feedback ever! 

Edited by Bughead

13 minutes ago, Bughead said:

snip

FIshing UI, I was expecting it to be more like press the button it switches 'mode', not just a short cut for the gear wheel...

Contrast, yeah it does seem darker of late and I can't say I like it either, it's not like we get a decent torch or anything in dark parts of maps.

I have a major issue with this new ui.. i have my gear slots keybound to 1 through 0 and it says (Hold 1 to swap fishing spear) when i (hold) 1 it brings up the scanner (which is on my gearslot 1)