Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thief's Wit Mini Map Clutter

Halofreakalex

Okay so Thief's Wit that reveals the location of resource drops and mods on your minimap as yellow dots. Currently 

the yellow dots will stay on your minimap until all members of your team/squad pick up said resources or mods.

The way the mod currently works has one slight flaw on defense and mobile defense missions. 

The clutter.

s697GXl.jpg?1

Proposed Solutions

Idea A:

Remove the yellow dot as soon as the owner of the mod picks it up.

Pros:

No clutter. 

Less confusion as to which resources have been picked up or not.

Cons:

Can't mark drop locations for teammates who aren't using Thief's Wit.

Idea B:

Keep everything the same, but make the dots on the minimap change colour when the owner picks it up.

Pros:

Allows the mod user to differentiate picked up mods/resources with newly dropped ones.

Can mark resources that teammates have missed

Cons:

Doesn't solve the clutter problem

So those are my thoughts on the current Thief Wit issue. If you have any more ideas or thought, please post below. 

Thank you for reading this post and I hope to hear your thoughts.

Edit: 

At the time I made the post I  was being lazy and didn't go into much detail so I decided to revamp the post.

Edited by slivermasterz

toggle settings in match to change the zoom of the Minimap. 

so you can focus on enemies or friendlies or w/e (and also see further than one or two rooms when trying to find a friendly player >.<)

as well as settings for it, choose if you do or don't want things you've picked up but teammates not to show, choose what to show, etc.

could even have different modes you can change between in match, so you can have mode1 that only shows materials, mode2 only shows mods, etc.

and while we're at it, change the shading or outright change the color for different items on the map. not just yellow.

Do these dots go away?

dots go away when A) said dot has been looted by all players

B) loot correlating to a certain dot disappears (which happens quite a bit because loot only lasts X tme while ammo stays infinitely)

And... what would you propose as a solution? You can't really arbitrarily make it stop working.

Do you want it to not show the drop location of materials/mods that you've picked up but your teammates haven't, for instance?

instead of it showing loot for all players, make it so it only shows loot for the player who HAS thief's whit equipped (e.g. it only shows on YOUR radar if YOU have it equipped and when YOU loot X, Y, or Z.. then it disappears)

It's because your squad mates aren't picking up the drops, the same as being able to see an items 'glow' on the floor after you've picked it up but some one else *hasn't*. it's a weird and frustrating problem, especially when you have a diversified squad and your running low on ammo. Ask if anybody can see any rifle ammo and the guy with the sniper rifle will see hundreds of rifle ammo pick ups with no way to tell if you've already gotten them or not

Given the map you're on, it looks like you're playing defense. You're going to get a lot of resource drops on defense missions. You'll know where they are, you shouldn't be running thief's wit on defense missions. I always swap it out for something else, same with master thief. 

instead of it showing loot for all players, make it so it only shows loot for the player who HAS thief's whit equipped (e.g. it only shows on YOUR radar if YOU have it equipped and when YOU loot X, Y, or Z.. then it disappears)

When I was a younger player, and was playing online matches, I made a post with this same idea a few months back. The longer I play, the more I learn about the game, and it's actually a very, very bad idea. It's a very nice feature when you are running pre-made groups, and can tell when someone in your party didn't pick up that Neurode or Orokin Cell, and you can ping where it is for them. And only one person in the party has to run the 'looting' layout for mods, and you can have the rest of your group run the mods for their appropriate roles to sort of 'carry' you through whatever you're running, since two of your mods are designated for looting.

The problem that is presented in this thread is not fault of the mod, it is fault of the person using it. In a defense mission, mobile or otherwise, you are killing the enemies in large amounts, and in a limited area, which is why you can see the map look like what he posted. If he had been pinging the resources so that his allies were picking them up, it wouldn't build up that much.

That being said, it's still more optimal to simply take it off your layout for defense missions. There are several mods that are better suited on defense, since the mobs are funneling towards your snowglobe, or into your bastille, so you know where all of the resource drops will be. You aren't looking around for hidden rooms, and you can know from memory where all of the starting containers are (take Xini for example, we all know where they are at this point). The Mod itself is perfect as it is now that it shows mods. Don't blame the mod for your party not picking up resources.