Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fishing-Spear Related Bug

TheJumbaco

Hi! Not sure how to start this so I'll just get right to it: 

When I load into Cetus with my friends, I choose a fishing spear to equip. On default I have it on Peram at the moment. When I fish with it normally (be it land two hits or just one), I catch the fish fine with the little jingle and holding posture. However, when I switch spear types, something seems to change. All the fish stop moving, and when I throw the spear and land a direct hit, it has the damage number and hitsound, however the fish is not caught. The dye marker also disappears, and the spear comes back to me. The fish also appear frozen in space, but still doing their idle animation. 

My friends always host, and after that "switch" it seems that no more fish will spawn for me, not that it matters since I can't catch them anyways. The host continually has fish spawn, but I get stuck having nothing to do. I have tried on two different networks (public university and home), with no avail. I believe switching spears to be the cause of this bug. Please fix it! 

Edited by TheJumbaco
Better name change

Some additional info I found out today: it only seems to glitch out when the default spear is Peram, and switched to another using the new interface. My friends who use the Tulok as their default said they have no issue switching it to another spear type and using it to fish. 

I came here to report this same bug. It is 100% reproducible for me, except it occurs with either Lanzo or Tulok spear as my default (I do not yet have Peram). Further, once going back to a weapon, I can no longer reload via the normal reload button (R default) nor can I switch to operator mode. All of these work fine prior to the spear switch.

I can also confirm that fish stop spawning and what fish remain cannot be caught, I get the same behavior as noted above where damage is seen but the fish isn't caught.

To be 100% clear, steps to reproduce:

1. Confirm reload works on my weapons as well as operator mode.

2. Switch to a fishing spear via gear wheel (Lanzo or Tulok in my case)

3. Swap directly to another fishing spear by holding 1 key or selecting another spear via gear wheel.

4. Switch back to weapons with weapon swap key.

5. Confirm that normal reload AND operator mode are now both broken. Confirm that fish behavior ceases, new fish don't spawn and remaining fish can't be caught.

Steps to self-resolve:

1. Switch from weapons to spear via gear wheel.

2. Switch *back* to weapons via selecting the same spear again from the gear wheel instead of using the weapon swap key.

3. At this point, weapon reload and operator mode work once more. Further, swapping to the spear via the gear wheel restores fishing back to it's normal behavior.

Workaround: Equip all spears to the gear wheel, only swap from weapons to the spear of choice. Do not swap directly from one spear to another, always go back to weapons first. If you catch the bug, follow self-resolution steps above.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...