Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Onslaught Implemented Poorly

alepap1995

Coming back to Warframe from a small break, i decided to try out onslaught and i must say i wasn't expecting much. I was really hyped about the concept and since a rift style game mode from Diablo 3 would fit really well into Warframe's "endgame" or lack thereof.

But the stages are stale and unbalanced. Same levels everytime doesn't really help the replayability factor and the fact that it's timed was in my opinion the biggest mistake.

Warframe isn't a balanced game. Meaning not every setup is equally efficient(for the same objective), but that was never a big issue since you could do pretty much anything with any setup(cough, Eidolons). The only difference was the time it would take. That's why Survival was the only mode that you could see a big difference in efficiency, and it's the same with Onslaught.

I don't think nerfing slide attacks and maiming strike will fix the issue. Still a very single target focused weapon setup will never beat a maiming atterax or a Nidus setup, because it's all about aoe.You'd have to go about rebalancing the whole arsenal around time to kill large groups of enemies and that doesn't seem achievable.

1 hour ago, alepap1995 said:

But the stages are stale and unbalanced. Same levels everytime doesn't really help the replayability factor and the fact that it's timed was in my opinion the biggest mistake.

The entire idea from the start was it is timed.

You note Sanctuary Onslaught in the title but it should be Elite Sanctuary Onslaught.