Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A big criticism of the environment design that I hope they work on in future content

crocodarrel

14 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Well what I mean by this is that too many of the planets are identical.
I'm not saying all the technology should be different.
I'm saying that the room design/shape, outside portions, & perhaps terraforming/atmospheric technology should be different.

For example, Mercury's Tileset is identical to Sedna, Saturn, & sometimes (rarely) Ceres.
The outside of Venus is identical to Neptune, Pluto, Europa, Corpus Controlled Mars Nodes, & (on very very rare alerts) Jupiter.

Nothing bothers me more than when I am walking across the surface of Pluto and Eris & look up into the sky to see Jupiter glaring down at me, massive in size...almost as if the planet I am on is orbiting it like a moon.
Or when I exit one of Venus' frozen caverns to see Jupiter gracing the what should be a thick & cloudy Venutian sky.

I just want the planets to feel unique.
For example, a Corpus base on Pluto should have heaters, atmospheric control rooms, red hot coils & etc to keep the base from freezing over.
A Grineer base on Saturn should have processors that are refining the gas & etc.
I'd like Sedna to have the crimson red hue it's sands & rocks have. (I'm SUPER excited to see how Sedna's landscape would look. A crimson world...so damn cool!)

A lot of what you mean is simply because new tilesets are resource intensive to create and set up. Right now, DE has put more pressure on free-roam areas so those have taken the place of tilesets. But in the future I can see them replacing Pluto and Neptune because they are repeats of Venus and Jupiter. Maybe even Saturn too as I long to see a more "colony" feel of asteroid base. Especially since the "Ring Colonies of Saturn" were subjugated by Gen. Sargas Ruk and now under Grineer rule. Which we all know can't be good for the population. Sedna is a weird one as it's position basically out in the damn Oort cloud. Means it doesn't have much point to being heavily populated unless (and just fantasizing here) it was like some ancient Orokin cache or military base that was taken over by Grineer and now acts as a sort of Capital for what amounts to Grineer "civilians". 

EDIT: Though I do agree on the skybox thing. Those shouldn't be THAT hard to change and the feel of a tileset would change DRASTICALLY just by changing said skybox and thus lighting for the whole map. 

Edited by Lakais

On 2018-05-28 at 9:15 PM, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Well what I mean by this is that too many of the planets are identical.
I'm not saying all the technology should be different.
I'm saying that the room design/shape, outside portions, & perhaps terraforming/atmospheric technology should be different.

For example, Mercury's Tileset is identical to Sedna, Saturn, & sometimes (rarely) Ceres.
The outside of Venus is identical to Neptune, Pluto, Europa, Corpus Controlled Mars Nodes, & (on very very rare alerts) Jupiter.

Nothing bothers me more than when I am walking across the surface of Pluto and Eris & look up into the sky to see Jupiter glaring down at me, massive in size...almost as if the planet I am on is orbiting it like a moon.
Or when I exit one of Venus' frozen caverns to see Jupiter gracing the what should be a thick & cloudy Venutian sky.

I just want the planets to feel unique.
For example, a Corpus base on Pluto should have heaters, atmospheric control rooms, red hot coils & etc to keep the base from freezing over.
A Grineer base on Saturn should have processors that are refining the gas & etc.
I'd like Sedna to have the crimson red hue it's sands & rocks have. (I'm SUPER excited to see how Sedna's landscape would look. A crimson world...so damn cool!)

I hadn't noticed that. Now I'll never be able to not notice.

I definitely agree skyboxes should by changed to show correct planets per world.

The tile sets are defiantly a huge work in progress (you even see new tiles pop up from time to time).

Keep in mind when the game went to open beta, it had only 2 tile sets, the corpus ship and Grineer asteroid.

I do believe DE have mentioned that they want a tile set for each 'planet', this however takes time.  Especially if you consider that they are procedurally generated so need about 20 tiles minimum so avoid repeating things, and that is not including the mission specific tiles.

Also the really small details are often lost on most players and take up resources as others have mentioned.

Corpus have their Scavenger ospray to keep things clean. Given they will occasionally run off with your loot, I'd imagine the corpus would be used to not just leaving stuff around that may be collected by mistake by the scavenger drones.

Personally for me it is more the behavior of the enemies that don't make places feel lived in, as you don't see Grineer/corpus lounging around, playing games, cleaning bunks arriving/leaving work, even occasionally not carrying weapons (especially when you have snuck into an area) or reacting as if they are in their current environment. 

Especially in PoE the terrain is mostly meaningless to the enemy behaviors as they can always see and tell exactly where you are even over vast distances, through heavy foliage and even knowing exactly where a player is behind rocks, outcroppings and hills once alerted and you are not invisible.

Edited by Loswaith