Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pigment Farming on the Plains

Raqyia

So I'm trawling through other threads to get an even better look at how bad the grind is for these new Pigments. Can't say I've had too much fun myself just trying to work on Shard Black. Having both a resource chance booster and 2x resource booster doesn't help all too much especially when spawns for many of these enemies are rather spread out on the Plains, especially in the case of Condrocs and Kuakas. All in all, I would like to try and push for some sort of change to make farming these pigments a little more bearable

1. Increase spawn rates on wildlife:
  2. Move these Pigments to the other Tusk Units
  3. Throw it in Nakak's inventory
  4. Move these pigments off of the Plains 

yeah i have been farming towering white for a while now and i got around 80 pigments so far of arround 100 condors kills... and i didnt think it could get worse... but it could.. grineer and other creatures are now killing condors before i can reach it and i dont know if that doesnt work with the drop of pigment, it sure as hell doesnt help... condors are by the far hardest now because of that and if the grineer only manage to kill 1 condor you have like 5 seconds on you too shoot the other 2 and dam if you miss because when you cant see them anymore then they have Despawned... this makes towering white a... PAIN to grind... im so anoyed about this that i wanted to fix my dojos look and then farm like other stuff like i always do... but since this... roadblock for the pigments i want, that made me so mad atm that i dont feel like playing i just take daily logins because i get mad just feelin to, need to let it go because how stupid it is...   im a grindy person i have done some maniacly grind in alot of games... but when you put a grind on a bird like the condor... that grineer kills  and fly away and desapwn if you accidently scare them... with so few spawns per map.... and then  i managed to get 8 condors to drop 10 pigment each... of around 100 condors... ... in this pace it faster grinding for the Hema reaserch.... there i atleast has deasent targets with a quality of drop chance and they dont despawn... or get killed by other mobs that can disturb the drop chance... 

sorry for long angry text but this frustrates me

Edited by Edora_

Tried condrocs for the white pigment, the drop rate might as well be zero with them... so figured I'd change to wisp grey and the dargyn pilots, slightly better drop rate but it's stupidly low still. 

I can only think that DE have made these RNG to make us go to the plains to make it look 'popular' ahead of tennocon, there is no reason other than eidolons for most players to even bother with the plains now so DE logic is to make an excessive grind the reason to go back there..... 

I don't care if the pigment drops in bulk or not the fact that it's rng is just wrong and goes against every non PoE pigment in game which had a 100% drop chance.  Farming on the plains is made harder by the fact that condrocs etc don't show up on the map and the range of 'radar' mods on the plains is tiny. 

I wouldn't mind as much if the number needed was reasonable but the amounts needed are higher than pretty much every other pigment too, this is another quantity error like with hema and needs to be fixed. 

• 1 month later...

I think it's the dev's way to make boosters more popular, because boosters affect pigments, according to wiki and my experience. Took me a while to farm tower white, did probably 95% of it alone in a shadow clan, but those boosters really helped. Four times more pigments than what the wiki says when you have both boosters on. It doesn't seem to increase drop chance however, just drop rate.

For condrocs I used first Zephyr but it was slower than molasses in january, so I eventually switched to equinox with max range and max loot radar, got much more tower white pigments that way. And kuaka pigments should be no problem with that approach. It wasn't really too much fun but somebody had to do it, else those pigments will haunt you. The fourth skill of equinox in day mode kills the animals while its ticking, no need to deactivate it, just bring a few energy pizzas with you for the runs.