Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus & PoE feedback

TheGreenFellow

• It felt to me like there's really no introduction to Cetus. It's just "there". It feels entirely...detached and different from the rest of the game to a jarring degree - like it's some other game that got glued onto Warframe, and thematically, just kinda feels like a copy-pasta of <insert MMORPG village here>.
  • Once when doing the plains bounties: It was a level 5 bounty for hostage rescue. The hostage upon spawning was instantly killed by a wandering Vomulyst. Maybe consider changing how spawning in mission objectives works when Eidolon thingies are around, please?
  • edit: This forum's formatting system is *lousy*. I still haven't figured out how to split up quotes, and now apparently putting a spoiler on a bullet point list breaks the formatting for the rest of my post and I'm now having to manually go back through it all, split it up, and make another bullet point list. That's downright annoying.

What's with saying that Konzu and Saya haven't spoken in 5 years? They're 20 feet apart. Ugh. And the whole "I'm cucking myself and giving up my wife so I can be a salesman to the Tenno kids" - what the actual heck? At no point did I feel like "aw it's an unfulfilled romance story", no engagement to Konzu and Saya at all, and *that* part of the story just outright aggravated me.

• I can see the orbiter used in the plains during quests in the plains; why can't we use that to get around the plains, huh? It sure would be much more convenient than hunting down all the fish oil that you somehow need to be able to use your archwing that you can just freely use in any other location in the system....(Can you tell I think the launcher, and the requirements to build the launcher, and the fact you need both a launcher segment and then the launcher blueprint itself, is a whole lot of unecessary bloat?)
  • The solo Plains of Eidolon doesn't pause like other solo modes when looking in a menu. I can understand the day/night cycle thing to an extent, but surely that can play out just fine for a Solo player whilst still allowing them the benefit of being able to pause the game while looking in a menu? Does it harm anybody if a Solo player's instance happens to be on an offset day/night cycle from everyone else?
  • The amount of useful things (archwing launcher?) *requiring* fishing & mining is lame, in my view - why force players, playing as fearsome bio-machines of war, to fish and mine like some kind of common whelp if they do not wish to? Why can't it be an option instead of a necessity in order to progress in the Plains? (Personally, sure, I've slowly gotten over it, but it still grinds my gears a bit.)
  • Why can't we use harpoon guns to fish? Or certain Warframe abilities, for that matter? Come to think of it, there's many weapons that are flavored as mining lasers as well - why can't we use those to mine? Such a missed opportunity for coolness here.
  • Obtaining the sacrifice requirements for Ostron 'Visitor' is far harder than that for Trusted. There's currently a bug with rescue targets on the Plains, where they don't return your secondary weapon when they safely extract. Please fix!
  • Another bug is leaving a group while in the corridor between Cetus and the Plains - I often find myself having to go back out to the plains and back into the corridor. Can't approaching the Cetus door end of the corridor (and walking into the door) be enough to tell the game "Hey, yes, I'd like to progress back to Cetus already"?
  • Forget the plains, what's going on with the BIG GIANT OROKIN TOWER that nobody seems to pay any attention to, except to eat whatever's on the inside of the walls? There's a whole bunch of explosions constantly going off up there and everything! Surely something interesting is afoot that we could, I dunno, go and check out?
Edited by TheGreenGunner

Feedbacks 5+ months after the release.. interesting.

34 minutes ago, TheGreenGunner said:

It felt to me like there's really no introduction to Cetus. It's just "there". It feels entirely...detached and different from the rest of the game to a jarring degree - like it's some other game that got glued onto Warframe, and thematically, just kinda feels like a copy-pasta of <insert MMORPG village here>.

They wanted to test something new. As fas as i know, developers are free to do whatever they want with their product. For a team that never did something like this before, it's not bad.

35 minutes ago, TheGreenGunner said:

Once when doing the plains bounties: It was a level 5 bounty for hostage rescue. The hostage upon spawning was instantly killed by a wandering Vomulyst. Maybe consider changing how spawning in mission objectives works when Eidolon thingies are around, please?

They are called Vombalysts, yes, the spawn is a little buggy, but you are not supposed to do bounties at night.

35 minutes ago, TheGreenGunner said:

I can see the orbiter used in the plains during quests in the plains; why can't we use that to get around the plains, huh? It sure would be much more convenient than hunting down all the fish oil that you somehow need to be able to use your archwing that you can just freely use in any other location in the system....(Can you tell I think the launcher, and the requirements to build the launcher, and the fact you need both a launcher segment and then the launcher blueprint itself, is a whole lot of unecessary bloat?)

What you see is not the orbiter, but the ship (liset or whatever you are using). Why we use archwings instead of the ship ? Better mobility! And cheaper repair costs (hypothetically)

37 minutes ago, TheGreenGunner said:

The amount of useful things (archwing launcher?) *requiring* fishing & mining is lame, in my view - why force players, playing as fearsome bio-machines of war, to fish and mine like some kind of common whelp if they do not wish to? Why can't it be an option instead of a necessity in order to progress in the Plains? (Personally, sure, I've slowly gotten over it, but it still grinds my gears a bit.)

In a game about grinding, grinding is necessary even if you do not like it. You can skip PoE weaponry completely tho... there are a lot of better weapons out there.

38 minutes ago, TheGreenGunner said:

Why can't we use harpoon guns to fish? Or certain Warframe abilities, for that matter? Come to think of it, there's many weapons that are flavored as mining lasers as well - why can't we use those to mine? Such a missed opportunity for coolness here.

That's a good point..

38 minutes ago, TheGreenGunner said:

Forget the plains, what's going on with the BIG GIANT OROKIN TOWER that nobody seems to pay any attention to, except to eat whatever's on the inside of the walls? There's a whole bunch of explosions constantly going off up there and everything! Surely something interesting is afoot that we could, I dunno, go and check out?

The "explosions" are simply the ostrons destroying the tower to eat the strange meat and sell the ayatan/orokin tech they find around. Why don't we brutally murder them all as we do with whoever dares to enter a void tower/derelict ? I have no idea... we should protect those places, not let petty humanoids eat and steal from them... 

7 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

Feedbacks 5+ months after the release.. interesting.

What, does content being out for a certain length of time mean it's immune to feedback and should just be left as-is for eternity? Nay, I say. New players are going to come in and experience old content for the first time, and what they have to say & think about it ought to be considered just as well as feedback provided on day 1 of content introduction.
Sorry for going on a quick rant, here, but it irks me that people get surprised and sometimes even upset when feedback is provided.

9 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

They wanted to test something new. As fas as i know, developers are free to do whatever they want with their product. For a team that never did something like this before, it's not bad.

Of course they're free to do what they want. And I'm free to provide my feedback and opinion on what they do.

I'll agree with the sentiment that the job they've done is "not bad" - I'm still playing and enjoying the game on a day to day basis, Cetus & Plains content included - but, if they want to improve on "not bad" and make it better? Then my perspective on it might very well help them form a picture of where to take it next, what to change and improve, and what to remove and add. As you say, it's up to them.

12 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

They are called Vombalysts, yes, the spawn is a little buggy, but you are not supposed to do bounties at night.

If you are not 'supposed' to do bounties at night, then why are they offered during night cycles at all? Clearly, you're intended to do the bounties at night, else they wouldn't provide the bounties at night whatsoever.

Seems to me that if you're going to introduce elements of the environement that can potentially instantly destroy a mission objective you're supposed to protect the moment you spawn it into the game, *maybe* you ought to adjust things so that that element and that spawn don't occur near enough to each other to be an issue.

14 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

What you see is not the orbiter, but the ship (liset or whatever you are using). Why we use archwings instead of the ship ? Better mobility! And cheaper repair costs (hypothetically)

Lander, orbiter, you know what I meant 😛 And have you seen the areas the Lander can fit through? It's pretty darn mobile and can turn on a dime. And it can be fully invisible and undetectable, so no need to worry about repairs except for brief moments when dropping you off and picking you up.

At some point, sure, it's a game, and allowing us to just drop in and drop out at any point on the plains we like via Lander would likely be pretty silly and all. I'm just pointing out that with what we've been presented with, this is an oddity that stands out!

16 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

In a game about grinding, grinding is necessary even if you do not like it. You can skip PoE weaponry completely tho... there are a lot of better weapons out there.

Does it *need* to be a game about grinding, though? Does it *really*?
'Cause I'm perfectly happy with the game being about the Warframes, rather than the grind to get them....
And, I'm at that point mastery-wise where no, I can't skip the PoE stuff if I want to continue progressing. Plus I'm a competionist at heart...I just prefer having options whenever possible. (Additionally, the Stubba's not bad - comparable to Akstiletto Prime - and the Zaws seem widely embraced as the best straight-up melee weapons available currently, particularly the Plague variants.)

20 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

The "explosions" are simply the ostrons destroying the tower to eat the strange meat and sell the ayatan/orokin tech they find around. Why don't we brutally murder them all as we do with whoever dares to enter a void tower/derelict ? I have no idea... we should protect those places, not let petty humanoids eat and steal from them... 

Well, how do we *know* it's the Ostrons destroying the tower? How are they doing it? Why can't we go help them or explore the tower's remains? There's a whole lotta questions that tower raises that could be answered by an enterprising storyteller. 😉

3 hours ago, TheGreenGunner said:

What's with saying that Konzu and Saya haven't spoken in 5 years? They're 20 feet apart. Ugh. And the whole "I'm cucking myself and giving up my wife so I can be a salesman to the Tenno kids" - what the actual heck? At no point did I feel like "aw it's an unfulfilled romance story", no engagement to Konzu if you ask him about his love life...and Saya at all, and *that* part of the story just outright aggravated me.

Spoiler

Konzu and Saya weren't lovers, it was Saya and Onko (Sonko? Onya?) either way, if I'm not mistaken the three went out into the plains one day but Onko just disappeared and Saya blamed Konzu, we do quest, life stuff happens, Saya is still bitter at Konzu and then at the end of the Quest we find Onko and he introduces us to the amp system (i mean you don't HAVE to find Onko if you really don't want to) but if you ask him about his love life... I'll leave that to you to find out, I've lready said too much. 

Edited by LightningsVengance

eeeh, new players, still hoping something will change if not extremily problematic.

Unlucky, DE has already moved on on the next open word (venus) and they rarely, if not ever, had come back to fix old content (if not extremely broken and outdated, took them 4 years to fix beam weapons and almost 2 years to fix a bug with chroma, and they fixed it only because he was one-shotting eidolons, otherwise they would not even have noticed him)

Warframe is a beautiful mass of glistening mix of incredibly good ideas made in a rush with bugs and other mystical horrors, and i like it for this silliness too. Look at this game as a sort of "post-modern-art" you have no idea of what it's supposed to be, not what the hell was in the mind of the artis, but somehow you like it enough to hug it and open the bank safe.

11 minutes ago, LightningsVengance said:

Konzu and Saya weren't lovers, it was Saya and Onko (Sonko? Onya?) either way, if I'm not mistaken the three went out into the plains one day but Onko just disappeared and Saya blamed Konzu, we do quest, life stuff happens, Saya is still bitter at Konzu and then at the end of the Quest we find Onko and he introduces us to the amp system (i mean you don't HAVE to find Onko if you really don't want to) but if you ask him about his love life... I'll leave that to you to find out, I've lready said too much.

I do remember how the story went, I already talked to him (that's how I know) and I do get the game purpose he fulfills - but any NPC could have filled that role, and I'm also saying - in a nutshell - I disliked how the story went.

Also, this forum's poor formatting strikes again...you may want to edit your post to contain [.spoiler] [./spoiler] tags (without the periods) where necessary. I dunno how seriously people take quest spoilers in Feedback though.

8 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

eeeh, new players, still hoping something will change if not extremily problematic.

Unlucky, DE has already moved on on the next open word (venus) and they rarely, if not ever, had come back to fix old content (if not extremely broken and outdated, took them 4 years to fix beam weapons and almost 2 years to fix a bug with chroma, and they fixed it only because he was one-shotting eidolons, otherwise they would not even have noticed him)

Warframe is a beautiful mass of glistening mix of incredibly good ideas made in a rush with bugs and other mystical horrors, and i like it for this silliness too. Look at this game as a sort of "post-modern-art" you have no idea of what it's supposed to be, not what the hell was in the mind of the artis, but somehow you like it enough to hug it and open the bank safe.

Well, speak up often enough about going back to fix the old content, and perhaps they'll see the light of day.

If I can be totally honest? I wholly agree with your summarization of what Warframe is. I think it can definitely be improved upon, bugfixed, and demystified - as enjoyable as it is now, it could be even more enjoyable! So let's keep pouring in the feedback.

Edited by TheGreenGunner

1 hour ago, TheGreenGunner said:

Forget the plains, what's going on with the BIG GIANT OROKIN TOWER that nobody seems to pay any attention to, except to eat whatever's on the inside of the walls? There's a whole bunch of explosions constantly going off up there and everything! Surely something interesting is afoot that we could, I dunno, go and check out?

By the Unum! Tenno, have you not seen what's on the Glass?, the fishes will tell you what you want to know. Now, if an audience with the Unum was close, only she can tell (And DE ofc if they decide it's part of some quest, like could be the case on The Sacrifice).