Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Game Mechanic Concept] Grineer/corpus Meat Shield

Aspari

This is my attempt to expand on the use of the Stagger mechanic. I am not saying by any means that Stagger is a useless stat.

Scenario: You have just staggered a light/medium Grineer/Corpus unit. You will now be giving a command prompt to grab the enemy and use it as a meat shield. During this time you can only use your ranged weapons. Once the target dies, you can only use the body for another 5 seconds to block bullets. If the target is still alive, it will attempt to break free. You can execute the enemy by pressing the command prompt. Execute damage is the same as your culling strike damage on your melee weapon and is increased by Killing Blow.

Sorry OP, but I don't see this working in warframe.

We're supposed to be fast mobile space ninjas. Adding another layer of shield to ourselves just slows the game down more, and I'm not talking about rushing.

I'm talking about get in, kill everything, grab the target, get out.

I think it's a good idea, but to develop this mechanics will be very troublesome.

And another problem, imagine 4 people using 4 meat shields, pretty overpower don't you think?

Sorry OP, but I don't see this working in warframe.

We're supposed to be fast mobile space ninjas. Adding another layer of shield to ourselves just slows the game down more, and I'm not talking about rushing.

I'm talking about get in, kill everything, grab the target, get out.

you would need to be very lucky to get the chance to do it, and be vary accurate pressing X right in the second it appears as an option

• 2 weeks later...