The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Color Not Reflected In-Game

G3rman

This has been brought up in multiple threads before, but I'd like to condense it. Basically, the colors of our weaponry like the Gorgon does not reflect itself in-game as it does in the customizer. Not only that, but on occasion the customized energy will not properly show the correct color in-game either, either mis-matched or just a base white.

I have set up a few pictures to illustrate my point.

Here is how I look in the customizer. Note the red energy, Gorgon colored to my primary, as well as the Bo staff's rings being red.

2n67jpu.jpg

Now here is how I look in Solo play. Notice the energy is correct, Gorgon is basic green, and the Bo staff is noticeably orange than the original.

2z6wk7m.jpg

And here is how I look online with other players. Observe white energy and discolored weapons.

2nvytz5.jpg

Big problem as far as aesthetics go.

EDIT: Another online game, this time it appears the Gorgon colored properly.

24vrv2u.jpg

Edited by G3rman

yes this is irritating me a bit too, cause i really like what they just did with the new bright colors, it would give the game that extra smoothness, knowing everything is working, but then again this is beta so im sure they will fix it at some point

I think that your colors currently only apply if you're host

would like to see this fixed

Still wouldn't explain the inconsistency of discolored weapons to colored energy or vice versa. I have yet to run into a situation where everything is colored correctly.

I agree that I'd love to see this fixed. It may not be "gamebreaking" but at the same time I feel like this should be one of the highest priority fixes out there. When you think about it people don't buy stuff like the color pickers to not be able to properly use them. Or rather to not have them properly show up. This is an important feature if you like being able to customize your warframe. (So you know...to everyone) Hopefully it's looked into.

you guys should check out your bloom setting to see if that will fix your gram issue, im not sure but fiddling with bloom and color correct gave me more consistency between lobby and in game

• 2 weeks later...

Came to make a topic about this exactly, glad it's already done. Everytime I exit out of the customiser, it resets my weapon light colours to default, and this perpetuates in game. Especially noticeable on the melee weapons (Plasma Sword/Dark Dagger etc). Doesn't apply to my Warframe, whose lights remain the correct colour.

After U7 it doesn't matter which energy color I choose in the menu, the model (both ingame and in the menus) would appear white like in the Gram screenshot above. I've seen people that appear to have working energy colors- a red Gram for example but I'm not sure if it appear that way for them.