Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host disconnect, i lose rewards

I just finished a tricap on the plains that took pretty much the whole night cycle. Just as we were at the extract the host disconnected and I was repaired in Cetus with no rewards. I checked inventory and the fish I had caught after finishing the hunt was in my inventory but nothing from the hunt it's self was. DE this type of thing is how you lose players. I did not put in an hour of game time to get screwed because someone else got disconnected.

EDIT:

Other tenno in mission were 

APunkMuffin

MRDeadPool4201

IareVENDETTA

Edited by (XB1)WobblezTheWeird
Providing additional info

1 minute ago, (XB1)WobblezTheWeird said:

I checked inventory and the fish I had caught after finishing the hunt was in my inventory but nothing from the hunt it's self was. DE this type of thing is how you lose players. I did not put in an hour of game time to get screwed because someone else got disconnected.

This has been constant since release. Fish and Ore/Gems are saved. Eidolon drops are only saved when you successfully return to Cetus. Disconnect, bugged gate, host migration all are great ways to lose you stuff.

Just now, krc473 said:

This has been constant since release. Fish and Ore/Gems are saved. Eidolon drops are only saved when you successfully return to Cetus. Disconnect, bugged gate, host migration all are great ways to lose you stuff.

and DE hasn't provided any solutions to this? I feel like in a game with peer to peer connections this is something that should really be addressed. Especially if they want players to continue playing their game.

1 minute ago, (XB1)WobblezTheWeird said:

and DE hasn't provided any solutions to this?

Its basically a case where the players just have to "deal with it". I do not know if DE has even bothered to acknowledge that it is an issue. They have certainly not successfully attempted to allow the drops to be saved. Maybe they could implement a system where your loot gets saved every five minutes or something, I do not know. Fish/Ores/Gems are saved each time you put the rod/laser away. So, perhaps DE could provide some gear item to do it until a more permanent solution is found (you just use it after each Eidolon you kill).

Just now, krc473 said:

So, perhaps DE could provide some gear item to do it until a more permanent solution is found (you just use it after each Eidolon you kill).

Or just save rewards 1 minute after every eidolon kill.

And the idea that players have to "deal with it" is how players say "F*ck you" to the devs and play something else.(not directing this hostility towards you)

Wish I could tag a Dev or something to bring attention to this, I've seen a bunch of threads on the issue but no reply from DE. They're too worried about pushing more skins and primes to make more money. Meanwhile their in game mechanics are screwing their game up, which sucks because if they fixed the issues at hand I'd be happy to support them. They're just being greedy.

While the issue isn't fixed, I STRONGLY suggest you leave squad after doing a Tridolon hunt. Sure, there's a short load screen there, but you are guaranteed to be hosting your own session and keeping your rewards.

This is all you can do for now.

Just now, (PS4)iQuedas said:

While the issue isn't fixed, I STRONGLY suggest you leave squad after doing a Tridolon hunt. Sure, there's a short load screen there, but you are guaranteed to be hosting your own session and keeping your rewards.

This is all you can do for now.

I'll keep that in mind for future hunts. 

46 minutes ago, (XB1)WobblezTheWeird said:

Or just save rewards 1 minute after every eidolon kill.

I was working on the assumption that if they could do that they would have. I figure taking a mechanic that they have, and it works was the best option.

• You might pickup the rewards two minutes after the Eidolon is killed. You would not have the loot saved until after the next one.
48 minutes ago, (XB1)WobblezTheWeird said:

And the idea that players have to "deal with it"

I was just picking more "forum friendly" language. As soon as you start showing hostility towards the Devs/Mods you are liable to have comments removed/threads locked. 

The suggestion to leave the squad immediately is fine. Provided the Host Migration works correctly. If not, you lose your stuff. I have found that it is better to stay and leave with the squad than force a host migration. 

23 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The suggestion to leave the squad immediately is fine. Provided the Host Migration works correctly. If not, you lose your stuff. I have found that it is better to stay and leave with the squad than force a host migration. 

I don't know how things are on PC and Xbox, but on PS4 I always leave the squad after a bounty or hunt. Over a bit more than 100 "Leave squads", I NEVER had any issue with the host migration to me.