The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re: archwing gun mods; Shell Rush and Automatic Trigger

RealPandemonium

On normal weapons, Fire Rate also increases charge speed for weapons that charge up before firing (bows, Opticor, etc.)

In Archwing weapons, however, the fire rate boosting mod, Automatic Trigger, does not speed up charge time, instead doing nothing on these weapons.

Instead there is a designated mod, Shell Rush, which boosts their charge rate.

In the past, Shell Rush would increase the ammo recharge rate of all weapons, but it seems to have been changed at some point to its current behavior.

Why remove the option for faster reload times from all guns, changing the mod to only benefit two guns, when Automatic Trigger could just function for AW weapons the same way it would for normal weapons?  Seems nonsensical.

12 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

In Archwing weapons, however, the fire rate boosting mod, Automatic Trigger, does not speed up charge time, instead doing nothing on these weapons.

Instead there is a designated mod, Shell Rush, which boosts their charge rate.

In the past, Shell Rush would increase the ammo recharge rate of all weapons, but it seems to have been changed at some point to its current behavior.

In the past Automatic Trigger actually used to work like this, it would also increase charge speed. Then after one of the updates this interaction stoped working, I remember topics about it, in weapons and in the bug sections. Some time later DE introduced Shell Rush as a solution.

If I am allowed to go wild with theories, DE encountered a bug they could not idetify and fixed it with a separate mod.

1 hour ago, ShortCat said:

In the past Automatic Trigger actually used to work like this, it would also increase charge speed. Then after one of the updates this interaction stoped working, I remember topics about it, in weapons and in the bug sections. Some time later DE introduced Shell Rush as a solution.

If I am allowed to go wild with theories, DE encountered a bug they could not idetify and fixed it with a separate mod.

When Shell Rush was introduced it was for the purpose of making your ammo regenerate faster.  Why they changed it to be this way is beyond me.