Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Decorations, and better control over placement

SpicyDinosaur

Okay, first off, I really really want infested decorations, we have all the factions but them. 

Also, possibly more foliage, like weird twisted trees. Umm maybe effects like buzzing flies, umm corpses like the ones you sometimes find in missions that provide small amounts of loot? (I don't 0mean allow them to provide loot!) I don't want hokey halloween decorations (ooh though holiday stuff that could be dropped in the bank would be divine!) Technically I want gore and maaaybe if it's possible stuff that triggers the hell out of Trypophobia. Mmm I love that stuff.

Maybe kuva fortress grineer type stuff, I love the grineer decorations, but I want to design our dojo as a mostly grineer haven, but there should be like an awesome room where I can make it look all spartan and... with reds and blacks and the banners have chibi-chickens on them! It would be super intimidating. Maybe THAT one already exists. I took some time to go through all the cool new options but my next issue has a lot to do we me not using them right away and redesigning everything

Okay so that's not a huge request, I just wanted to suggest that, as I really like the infested faction, and I actually was thinking before of placing so many trees I got a  maze like forest (the upper floor is a frickin maze anyway.) I realize people are already doing incredibly amazing stuff with their dojos, but I can't really get inspired to do so, and my next suggestion or plea comes here:

Even with the rework, no offense, but the placing of items, and general ability to move around them and see if they are floating off the wall a few feet or actually there, the ability to -properly- place things that lock does not seem to work, instead I will get a poster flipping sideways into the wall when I try to use it. Why would that be good? Also, I seem to have issue pulling things closer or pushing them farther away, but that may be a user error.

There's so many things I also can't donate. Most of the stuff I could is garbage. What if I could donate 1 kavat and/or 1 kubrow. Only the warlord can do ir. OR it can just only be done once. Then you could have a mascot. That or let me free the condroc and kuaka I donated in tiny cages. Seriously, mascots would be cool. I doubt they could just be... a selection of animals because the time to put into that, pathing etc would be way to intense probably for what gets created. So that is why I suggest kavat and such. Note: they should learn to use elevators/portals OR be able to be moved/guided like say a lure or whatever can be.

But man, I would definitely settle for donated resources. Right now you can sort of do it in a sideways manner that is kind of annoying honestly. But it makes no sense that we can't directly donate resources. I mean, they are allowed in the clan bank anyway, and if we store up, any clan members with privs can just go get building started on whatever. It would also be super helpful for clans like mine where I have an architect, but really don't want them to have to spend time using their resources, (I lied, I am still hunting desperately for an architect because the placement system seriously makes me miserable and the entire process is a hellish ordeal.)

My major complaint though has always been the placement functions and just how things work in general. It is awkward, even now being able to float around, things move with me sometimes, I struggle to get things on walls properly, or get a wide enough view etc to get things level with each other. (I'm not sure if anything can be done about that,) but honestly, even trying to get things on the same level and umm well matching across from each other is nigh impossible because you really can't properly see what you are doing. For example, I believe you still have to deal with collision floating around to get a good angle, which can be a pita. Movement itself is awkward and the items being placed rarely do what you want, seeming to have a mind of their own. Like maybe I want to put the lantern partway in the actual wall where it curves, but not at an angle. But I won't be able to do that, it just takes the initiative to point somewhat down.

Some of the functions don't..work right with most items. This is in the orbitor as well, of course. I don't want be locked in to a specific direction etc, but in that case, rotation should be more 3 dimensional or dynamic in some manner. But even trying to use features to stick posters on walls etc, they just flip sideways and umm..that doesn't seem like a good placement for a poster. I'm not sure what was going on with that idea. Also, I haven't tested it yet, but I would suggest letting us donate posters for dojos etc. (Also, let someone donate the other syndicates I'm not with little statues to my orbitor, you can do it for just me, I won't tell.)

I have 3, maybe more, of the stalker noggles but can not donate them. I can not recall if you can donate the articula for eidolons so I'll just mention them. Basically, I want to be able to throw about as many things as I can think of in the bank, both with resources and with things I can design the dojo with. Anything possible. At the very least, being able to add resources directly, when the current method is start building something that has stuff you want to donate, then destroy it, and that's tedious and doesn't at all make much sense. It does the exact same thing, except it's not intended to be used that way. I don't think it can be nerfed or anything, and please don't, there's got to be someway to get resources in the bank, but if you can just do that, why cant you just throw them in the bank directly.

The bank actually seems extremely limited and as if it is incomplete. Like you should be able to do more with it and donate a lot of things, but it just lost favor with people working on it and got tossed aside for other projects. I sometimes feel that way about dojo placement as well. Maybe it was meant to be tested and perfected over time as players gave feedback but then it didn't. (I'm starting to feel, sadly, that a lot of things were rather rushed lately. Honestly, I am patient and enjoy the game, please take time with things, no offense.)

I hate to use another game as an example, especially since the code and stuff you are using is on a different engine and what they have the possibility of doing and vice versa might be totally different. But I used to design multiple houses heavily with old gear etc, in Everquest. You could resize things to a very great degree. I can not really say 100 percent what they were doing that made it fun and easier, things locked down easier, they could be spun and rotated and manipulated easier. (man donated weapons also sounds good. God let us donate anything but say stuff like the sigma and octantis etc.) The more things we can donate the weirder or more dynamic we can make our dojos, If you are worried about desperate pleas for items back, put a warning box when people donate stuff other than resources, I mean you could technically make it have a click that would allow you to skip it, but that's a minor detail.

I noticed walls and glass windows etc. I was really excited but the size was all wrong. Again, that's another issue, why can't things be resized? Would that be somehow overpowered? You could always have a min and max like with Sigils maybe significantly more dramatic in Dojos. (This is also something that always bothered me with fashion frame, especially since lately a lot of stuff...isn't at all sized properly or fits well. Fashion frame is endgame after all. There should be more leeway with what we can do with the things we throw on our shoulders, legs, arms ,back, etc.) Again, these things could have the same size limitation and perhaps potential distortion as sigils. What if I want to turn my beautiful cloak into something longer that drags behind me? Or that grineer cloak with the hood, so frustratingly small, could be widened a bit and stretched out enough to actually be a useful piece. Possible anything for it's surface changed as well, because that really is a huge deterrent, it needs a makeover, stat!

I often feel really limited lately because a lot of the items simply don't fit newer frames in general. If nothing else is addressed, it would be nice to see this fixed, them being placed in more appropriate locations and sized correctly. It seems like they were just thrown on as options without any effort put into resizing. Personally, it takes more effort, but I think would be more beneficial and worth it in the long run, but just give people the ability to have a limited range of placement and some resizing, so that things can fit or look better on different frames. Like Limbo's leg fins don't really work well with most accessories for his legs because of their placement, and I am seeing a ton of stuff that is placed extremely oddly on specifically women frames but some of the male ones, re: chest pieces. They don't sit right at all, so they are unusable on that frame. And just as an aside, wtf is up with Arca pieces. Those are honestly hideous, and they don't seem to look right in anyway. Like it's as if the designers decided "what if people want their warframes to look like absolute trash. Oh! I hope they'll use the most obnoxious colors." (actually they do ugh)

If you are so busy with huge things that these issues can't be worked on -when- you are actually working on the frame, you are probably splitting your teams (which I hear, btw, are the most diverse of ALL, I am always waiting to see this on your streams! Bring some of them out to talk about what they do! Also again, the bloom on the twitch streams is crazy, I would drop it to like an eight?) in a bad manner. I understand prioritizing more content, but if you make everything in an incomplete manner and move on to the next big thing, none of it is enjoyable at all. See moving on to the next quest while Onslaught is still broken half the time and we are dealing with heavy bugs atm in PoE, where half the time you don't fail the mission but it treats it like you did etc. Or just a loss of powers until we die. (it's really hard to die in the water with max arcane nullifier on :/) I am starting to feel like I am doing raids without any of the specific things I liked about them. Also, in the case of eidolons, accepting the quest brings me absolutely 0 credits or chances at unusual chests (things that would probably have to drop rarely from the eidolons) I don't want to be ungrateful, 3 arcanes a night, as frustrated as i feel looking at so many rank 2 arcanes waiting for one more piece to be complete, is significantly better than an arcane usually done in a rush of people and a fight for spots at the turn of the "day" for the evening. (RL time or whatever, not Cetus cycle since umm that was prior.)

What I'm sayin is, if I pick up the actual quest and succeed at at least one, pay me. Or, pay per eidolon as it goes. You can decide quest or not. The real issue is just not wanting to spend so much time farming during the day that I am simply incapable of working on things that make me plat, and then selling those. It's crippling. 

While I love  eidolons, really, some time fixing bugs in that and Onslaught, as much as I hate that mode, or even, I don't know, adding cool things to the kuvival rotations so that all the new mission types are valuable for farming in multiple ways, as opposed to just Onslaught because you really really really wanted people to play it, and it almost feels like you were aware it was severely bugged and were in some ways using these special rewards as a bribe to get players to put up with horrific issues in the gameplay, and have them effectively playtest it after release.

I rather like DE and Warframe, but there's these sort of weird issues. I will be covering several, not in ten posts. However, I realized some of the content would be better placed elsewhere. Also, I don't want my fun requests ignored because of some deep criticisms.