Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Fixed Ceres - Defense mission tile???

So the defense mission on ceres has been broken for a loooong time.  Anytime you go past the 1st round(5 waves) you risk runing into enemies who are to terrorfied to come out of their spawn points and actually attack the defense objective lol.  So alot of people only do round 1 and bail.

The other day day with the new 20.20.xx patch I got an alert that sent me to a ceres defense and and I was alone at first and I ran down he short little hallway and hopped on the elevator to get to the top and then when I got off....it was a completely new map!!!   It is hard to recognize but bits of the old map are still there but it has had more verticallity added to it and its just been completely reworked.  The old map has 2 maor choke points you can camp oncoming enemies for the most part.   This new one maybe has chokepoint but it sure didnt feel like it lol.   They come from everywhere.  By the end of the 10 waves I had settled on hanging out at the bottom of the map atleast when the train was in one position.  

But I want to say THANK YOU.  I didnt see anything about this in the patch notes. I didnt bother checking if the ceres - defense mission tiles are changed or not for normal or dark sector but they have to be right??  But thank you for fixing the map and I also want to see really good ob to whoever redesigned it.  Its very different but has just enough of the old map to have nostalgia.   The new map is a little more close combat feeling, while the old map had a bunch of looong open spaces to it.   But if it works who cares!!

However... as I explored the map I did run into a small glitchy area....

DfKAaYhXcAAq_8_.jpg:large

DfKAc8EWAAAgrKB.jpg:large

Thats the same staircase coming at it from two different directions.   Those giant gaping holes are just visual bugs.  If you keep walking you dont fall off the map,  and the normal terrain will re-appear.

Also this map re-work makes me want to ask what kind of tools YOU GUYS the developers have for level design...  The stairs and stuff are perfectly aligned.  I bet you didnt have to lay them down piece by piece and line them up lol.  And look at your nice perfectly aligned railings lol.  

Ran the normal dark sector defense mission on ceres for this and it has the same updated map/tile.  Sweet!!   After Round 1 (5 waves) everyone bailed lol,  but I stayed behind to see what would happen.   I was not even the host and the game had to migrate over to me as the host.   The second round went off with without a hitch.  All the enemies flocked to the defense target.  

The people who worked on this deserve a really good pat on the back!

Now if only credit rewards scaled with endless missions to encourage people to stay in them....  😃

Am 8.6.2018 um 17:57 schrieb (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN:

So the defense mission on ceres has been broken for a loooong time.  Anytime you go past the 1st round(5 waves) you risk runing into enemies who are to terrorfied to come out of their spawn points and actually attack the defense objective lol.  So alot of people only do round 1 and bail.

The other day day with the new 20.20.xx patch I got an alert that sent me to a ceres defense and and I was alone at first and I ran down he short little hallway and hopped on the elevator to get to the top and then when I got off....it was a completely new map!!!   It is hard to recognize but bits of the old map are still there but it has had more verticallity added to it and its just been completely reworked.  The old map has 2 maor choke points you can camp oncoming enemies for the most part.   This new one maybe has chokepoint but it sure didnt feel like it lol.   They come from everywhere.  By the end of the 10 waves I had settled on hanging out at the bottom of the map atleast when the train was in one position.  

But I want to say THANK YOU.  I didnt see anything about this in the patch notes. I didnt bother checking if the ceres - defense mission tiles are changed or not for normal or dark sector but they have to be right??  But thank you for fixing the map and I also want to see really good ob to whoever redesigned it.  Its very different but has just enough of the old map to have nostalgia.   The new map is a little more close combat feeling, while the old map had a bunch of looong open spaces to it.   But if it works who cares!!

However... as I explored the map I did run into a small glitchy area....

DfKAaYhXcAAq_8_.jpg:large

DfKAc8EWAAAgrKB.jpg:large

Thats the same staircase coming at it from two different directions.   Those giant gaping holes are just visual bugs.  If you keep walking you dont fall off the map,  and the normal terrain will re-appear.

Also this map re-work makes me want to ask what kind of tools YOU GUYS the developers have for level design...  The stairs and stuff are perfectly aligned.  I bet you didnt have to lay them down piece by piece and line them up lol.  And look at your nice perfectly aligned railings lol.  

Had the same glitch. Imho this is not properly implemented patchwork

Pfff as opposed to having enemies stuck in spawn points?  This is FAR easier to deal with.   And im sure they will eventually get around to fixing it, its just a graphic glitch.   

Its going to sound like I fight on this map non stop but I dont lol.   Just when I need small bursts of money(and now if I ever want relics!!!) BUT I have noticed one small glitch on this map.

There is a small pathing issue still......1 enemy will get stuck trying to go down some stairs and will stick to a wall...  Right as you come out of the elevator, if you take a left there should be a staircase right in front of you.  Thats the one enemies occasionally have problems going down.  There is a spawn room at the top of the stairs on the left... im thinking they come out of their room and hug the wall so close they miss the steps or something.  Just play the map and im sure you will see it.   Usually happens more than once in the first 5 waves.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

I didn't even know that there was an issue with spawns on the old map, might just be where I tend to use AoE frames on that map. As for this new map I've just had my first go on it where every so often I would find 1-3 enemies standing around in their spawns refusing to come out along with enemies seemingly jumping out the map.