Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom obstacle course: please remove ability to void dash

ThePHiLsTeR2

In regular obstacle course you cannot void dash. In custom you can make lasers that cause instant fail, but what is the point when you can just dash through it. Makes no sense to put dash into custom obstacle course.

Edit: Or perhaps give option to disable it. That way we can make a obstacle course with hybrid parkour and dash or parkour only.

Edited by ThePHiLsTeR2

3 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Put death traps across the entire floor?

That's not very ffeasible. There is limited decoration capacity and those kill traps are so small.

Edit: Now that I think about it they shouldnt even put a capacity on it. But im sure there are good reasons, maybe due to system overloads or something.

Edited by ThePHiLsTeR2

18 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

To solve this, design the obstacle course to be as unfriendly to Operators as possible (i.e: no floors) and as far away from the vertical walls as possible.

THIS! ^^^

17 minutes ago, ThePHiLsTeR2 said:

How do you make no floors? Thanks for the reply btw. And why no vertical walls? Not sure what you mean.

put everything high enough with only accessible SIDE WALLS so that people can only bullet-jump + wall-latch + bullet jump to proceed.

7 minutes ago, -Virtuoso- said:

THIS! ^^^

put everything high enough with only accessible SIDE WALLS so that people can only bullet-jump + wall-latch + bullet jump to proceed.

Ya that sounds like a fun course which I will make sometime later. I have a specific course in mind and all of your suggestions dont work for it. I think DE accidentally put void dash in custom obstacle course.

Recently DE officially posted a video of a very complicated obstacle course but i cant find the link to share with you. I think if you make lots of congested turns with lasers on each turn that will also help stop with the dashes.
What is the course that you have in mind if you could share.

1 hour ago, -Virtuoso- said:

Recently DE officially posted a video of a very complicated obstacle course but i cant find the link to share with you. I think if you make lots of congested turns with lasers on each turn that will also help stop with the dashes.
What is the course that you have in mind if you could share.

Actually check points will help. Dash unfriendly checkpoints.

Heres my course if done without void dash.

Thing is void dash is OP and hard to avoid. You can dash about 200m with the passives unlocked. 

EBEBE96CC92D86C1CCAA01EE98C9023B88E1F852

Edit: The whole obstacle course is 150m x 150m and 212m diagonally across. Can void dash across entire area.

Edited by ThePHiLsTeR2

thats awesome! Like what you did with the lasers.
I see what you did with the wall runs and mini pockets with the lasers to go through, i was suggesting a lot like that but like, no straight jump-line between two laser holes so you go through one, bulletjump and go to the opposite side to go through the other hole.
And checkpoints can be set on the side walls where we wall-run/jump to make it harder.

5 hours ago, ThePHiLsTeR2 said:

That's not very ffeasible. There is limited decoration capacity and those kill traps are so small.

You can increase the size.

Edit: Though actually, a more cost efficent way would be to put a lot of lasers on a wall.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

I get what you guys are doing. I'm practicing what ya'll are saying and yes I see some ways of making it harder to dash. I think however, that making it hard to cheese it still makes it cheesable. Now under normal circumstances, i guess it doesn't matter that much. But I'm making a clan competition with platinum prizes and I don't want to reward cheese.