Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will The Dera Sound Ever Be Revised?

Luxangel7

I'm just really curious, I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining in the title. With the recent changes to this weapon, I feel like it would be my favorite gun in the whole game (or almost) if it weren't for that incredibly annoying "spore" sound it makes when it fires.

The Dera right now doesn't sound like a laser/plasma gun, it sounds like a spore/infested gun. 

Can't you make it sound more like the supra or the Moba's? Please let us know if you have any plans to make the Dera sound more like an actual laser gun. I really want to invest forma and time into this gun, but right now I just can't with the constant audio reminder of why I don't like using the gun...

Thanks for everything :)

I feel like the Dera should have a lower almost bass-y tone then a higher sounding pitch.  To me lasers sound glowly and powerful and radiant.

Such as...the Star War's blaster rifle sounds the storm troopers are firing.  Quick, powerful, fast and recognized as an technologically advanced weapon.

Absolutely, that's what I'm going for. Recently the sounds that have come out for many weapons have been really high pitched or wheezy, and in the case of the Dera it sounds to me exactly like what an infested assault rifle should sound like.

Im not using this weapon even though i used 5 fieldron to make it just because of its sound. Its absolutely horrible. When people use that weapon i just unplug my headset. Its that annoying

You sure you crafted the Dera? It only needs 2 Fieldrons.

As for the sound, yes, it's quite annoying hearing a high pitched sound that literally sounds like someone is saying "pewpewpewpew". Maybe the sound guys got lazy or someone was making some joke with the punchline being "pewpewpewpew" and the recording software captured the voice and someone mighta accidently added some filters and increased the pitch to make what we hear now.

I personally want the Dera to sound more like the Plasma gun from Doom 3 or maybe somewhere in between that and the Supra. The Dera just sounds too weak, and it is initially, but the right mods and you can do 2 shot bursts on lvl 70+ enemies like mine can. Dera has a weak firing sound, but mine packs quite a punch, too bad it doesn't have a proper sound to back it up.

Edited by __Kanade__

• 2 weeks later...

I do remember hearing the Dera's old sound. While it wasn't as 'loud' as it is now, it's PEW PEW sound was much deeper and sounded more powerful and menacing. 

I would indeed like the sound changed, perhaps to it's old one, or perhaps to something like this? 

OSIPR.jpg

(Yes, I know it sounds like it's firing cordite propelled projectiles, but it sounds powerful... at least from the user's perspective) 

Edited by H3_Cupcake

I do remember hearing the Dera's old sound. While it wasn't as 'loud' as it is now, it's PEW PEW sound was much deeper and sounded more powerful and menacing. 

I would indeed like the sound changed, perhaps to it's old one, or perhaps to something like this? 

OSIPR.jpg

(Yes, I know it sounds like it's firing cordite propelled projectiles, but it sounds powerful... at least from the user's perspective) 

dude, that weapon sounds like a MONSTER in HL2, i dont think it would entirely fit wit the dera, BUT it would be pretty sick on a tenno made light maching gun that I REALLY THINK DE SHOULD MAKE!

in all seriousness i believe that the dera sound is pretty weak and  dosn't fit at all i'd imagine more of a deeper sound of the MOA firing sound

Edit: fixed horrendus 4AM spelling.

Edited by xXZEROCSXx