Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(move to feedback section, please, THX): Ideas for a possible Chroma revisit when he gets primed in september

Kronxito

3 minutes ago, Shockness said:

Imo sentinels are always a tenno thing, helios would be corpus inspired but it would still be tenno

Helios was designed by Alad V as per the Lockjaw and Sol codex...just like Diriga is clearly Grineer and not Tenno.  It is undeniably Corpus, and the lore makes that clear. 

the wiki page also details it all for you:
https://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Helios

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

1 minute ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Helios was designed by Alad V as per the Lockjaw and Sol codex...just like Diriga is clearly Grineer and not Tenno.  It is undeniably Corpus, and the lore makes that clear. 

the wiki page also details it all for you:
https://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Helios

Yeah, also the wiki for Sentinels say, and I quote "Sentinels are hovering companions that follow their Tenno masters around and assist in various ways". I don't think it says anything about sentinels following grineer or corpus. Sentinels are still Tenno associated, Ignis has nothing to do with tenno and is exclusively a grineer weapon.

Just now, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Helios isn't a Tenno sentinel so it will never get a prime

Theres no such thing as not being a tenno sentinel, a sentinel is made for tenno. Corpus inspired, yes.

Edited by Shockness

2 minutes ago, Shockness said:

Yeah, also the wiki for Sentinels say, and I quote "Sentinels are hovering companions that follow their Tenno masters around and assist in various ways". I don't think it says anything about sentinels following grineer or corpus. Sentinels are still Tenno associated, Ignis has nothing to do with tenno and is exclusively a grineer weapon.

That doesn't counteract the lore.  Sentinels following Tenno masters doesn't mean they're of Tenno design or can't serve others.  Something has to be of Tenno design to be considered Tenno gear... 

I mean have you ever played index?  Lockjaw uses Helios named Sol as his sentinel.... 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Just now, Shockness said:

Theres no such thing as not being a tenno sentinel, a sentinel is made for tenno. Corpus inspired, yes.

Again - Alad V designed it.  It is by definition Corpus.  And actually Lockjaw uses it as his Sentinel - so in fact they do serve Corpus as well. 

Just now, (PS4)lagrue said:

That doesn't counteract the lore.  Sentinels following Tenno masters doesn't mean they're of Tenno design.  Something has to be of Tenno design to be considered Tenno gear... 

Sentinels are designed for the Tenno, who says Alad V didn't design Helios after the Helios Prime? Using data from the codex or w/e. Helios looks like a corpus mockup from Helios prime.

1 minute ago, Shockness said:

Sentinels are designed for the Tenno, who says Alad V didn't design Helios after the Helios Prime? Using data from the codex or w/e. Helios looks like a corpus mockup from Helios prime.

He could have designed it after the Orokin design - it's still not Tenno.  

The Corpus and Grineer both scavenge Orokin tech.  The proof is in the lore that Helios is in fact not Tenno.  The point I'm making is all Corpus and Grinner tech have the potential for priming if we fall back on the idea they base their tech on Orokin tech... which they do. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

He could have designed it after the Orokin desing - it's still not Tenno.  

Yes you just made my point, there was a helios prime before so it's only obvious that we'd get one, there wouldn't be an ignis prime, though.

First of all: The gimmick of your color choice = your elemental abilities is cool, but just that a gimmick. I don't wanna give up on my fashionframe just because I need a certain elemental effect. So change this to, as has been mentioned before, an elemental toggle. From there it can change some aspect of how the frame looks and functions.

Second: Do not touch 2 and 3, they are fine just the way they are, maybe just tweak the looks of the effects so that it's more obvious when it runs out and needs to be reapplied.

Third: Make 4 be something you can attach to a certain point or have it be able to move about on its own, with its range effected by ability range of the frame. (Either option is fine in my book instead of just dropping wherever you were standing when you pressed 4.)

Honestly, the stats of the frame are good as is, it's just the gimmicky nature of the elemental effects being based on your color choice is, well... a gimmick and nothing more.

Yes you just made my point, there was a helios prime before so it's only obvious that we'd get one, there wouldn't be an ignis prime, though.

It didn't make your point at all.  Orokin and Tenno aren't the same thing.  Helios is Corpus made sentinel based on Orokin Tech.  Nothing Tenno about it.  Therefore non-Tenno gear CAN be based in prime. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Yes, the Orokin versions come first then someone copys it, Tenno arent the only ones capable of doing this and Helios is proof.

It didn't make your point at all.  Orokin and Tenno aren't the same thing.  Helios is Corpus made sentinel based on Orokin Tech.  Nothing Tenno about it.  

Helios is based on Orokin Technology so we get a prime variant, Ignis isn't based on Orokin Technology so we will never get a prime variant.

Helios is based on Orokin Technology so we get a prime variant, Ignis isn't based on Orokin Technology so we will never get a prime variant.

How do you know it's not based in Orokin tech.  Nobody knew Helios was either until it got primed... you're speaking matter of factly when you don't know, plain and simple.

We don't know what tech the Grineer and Corpus derived from Orokin Tech.  

1 minute ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Yes, the Orokin versions come first then someone copys it, Tenno arent the only ones capable of doing this and Helios is proof.

Yes, Ignis does not fit the picture of Orokin technology so it wouldn't be copied by the Grineer but rather be technology of their own.

How do you know it's not based in Orokin tech.  Nobody knew Helios was either until it got primed... you're speaking matter of factly when you don't know, plain and simple.

We don't know what tech the Grineer and Corpus derived from Orokin Tech.  

Common sense just explains it all.

Anyway quote me once we get ignis prime i'll wait.

I never said we would get it.  Just that you can't discount the possibility when DE went and primed something that lore stated was corpus designed.  This opens the door for anything corpus or grineer designed to be relegated back to Orokin tech.  

13 minutes ago, Shockness said:

Yes, Ignis does not fit the picture of Orokin technology so it wouldn't be copied by the Grineer but rather be technology of their own.

Latron, Tenno

Latron Wraith, Grineer

Latron Prime.

Not to mention not all Tenno weapons may be primed some will be stand alone.

Seer Grineer tech with Orokin enhancements. 

Edit: Also DE has very clearly been releasing new weapon types that have never been primed. This time a rapier, I guess a full auto shotgun secondary too. Last time Tonfas.. Eventually a beam weapon. My vote however is Panthera as it secondary fire can use beam mods, but it is a Tenno weapon that is an upgrade of a Grineer weapon LOL

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

1 minute ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I never said we would get it.  Just that you can't discount the possibility when DE went and primed something that lore stated was corpus designed.  This opens the door for anything corpus or grineer designed to be relegated back to Orokin tech.  

Yes but I feel like there is a big different between frames and sentinels and plain weapons.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Latron, Tenno

Latron Wraith, Grineer

Latron Prime.

Not to mention not all Tenno weapons may be primed some will be stand alone.

Seer Grineer tech with Orokin enhancements. 

Tbh i feel like, since latron is a weapon since my days, DE didn't know what the #*!% they wanted to do yet and didn't have half their lore set in place.