The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transformers Frame

TheMandarin

I like the idea of a mechanical frame, for example, something like the mechs in transformers, pacific rim or any other mech movies or anime. Here is what I think the frame should do. 

The frame's ability will be based on the weapons that the player chooses equip. 

1. the frame's first ability will be a general buff for its mech/humanoid form. the first ability will buff fire rate, dmg, crit chance, shield regen rate and etc, but only to the player himself. 

2. the frame's second ability takes place when player equip his/her secondary, and the frame transform into a jet (secondaries are lighter that's why i thought of planes). in plane mode, player flies very fast, but have a decrease in armor, shield and hp. while draining energy in this mode. in plane mode, player can fire homing missiles on mobs or rockets. i don't know how much dmg, these missiles will do, but just throwing ideas out there.

3. the frame's third ability takes place when player equip his/her melee weapon, and the frame transform into a tank. in tank mode, player gains additional shield and armor, but sacrifice speed, hp remains the same. the tank modes' damage and firing rate will be based on player's melee weapon type. e.g. big swords and hammers do more damage but slower firing rate while daggers and normal swords do less damage but fire faster. tank mode also drains energy

4. the frame's final ability will transform the frame into a immobile cannon platform. in this mode, the player gain massive bonus to shield and armor, hp remains the same. the cannon platform shoots out shells that do medium AOE damage, and has an innate impact effect that stuns enemies on hit.  

Thanks for reading

1 hour ago, Axton said:

It would go against the concept of a Warframe.

(infested metal puppets)

but i do like the idea 🙂

It doesn't really go against the concept. Metal can take any shape, as can puppets. What's the issue?

On 2018-06-15 at 3:34 PM, Axton said:

With what we just learned about what warframes are from the new quest, I don't think a Warframe could "transform" in the mentioned ways. 

Then again I'm not creative or imaginitive. I'm just too logical 😛

I'm not against the idea, I'm just puzzled about how it'd click.

What we learned from the new quest certainly does not mean there cannot be warframes that change shape. There may be an issue with an umbra frame changing shape, but even still we are talking about a game that already has a warframe that shrinks to tiny size. I'm Sure they could make anything work in this universe.