Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

cannot Leave Squad with controller (PC)

Jerauld

Linked to this  - I am unable to change matchmaking mode using a PS4 contoller. The button to select which matchmaking mode you want is interactable but the list that drops down is not, the options highlight but I cannot select them. XBox controller works.

3 hours ago, catinya said:

Linked to this  - I am unable to change matchmaking mode using a PS4 contoller. The button to select which matchmaking mode you want is interactable but the list that drops down is not, the options highlight but I cannot select them. XBox controller works.

I had the same problem with the Steam Controller.

It turned out that the drop-down menu doesn't recognize the "Select" in-game action in the Steam controller layout editor. Which is odd because "Select" works most places in the menus.

To get it to work, I had to remap the A/B/X/Y buttons to just be A/B/X/Y through the Legacy Keys submenu in Steam's config editor for controllers.

I don't know what you'll have to do if you're not using Steam.

4 hours ago, oolgorboid said:

I had the same problem with the Steam Controller.

It turned out that the drop-down menu doesn't recognize the "Select" in-game action in the Steam controller layout editor. Which is odd because "Select" works most places in the menus.

To get it to work, I had to remap the A/B/X/Y buttons to just be A/B/X/Y through the Legacy Keys submenu in Steam's config editor for controllers.

I don't know what you'll have to do if you're not using Steam.

Thanks, I am running my controller through steam and doing as you suggested has made the ps4 controller work, thanks!

1 hour ago, Jerauld said:

Explain please. I don't mess with the controls much.

Sorry, I don't know how to explain the details, or even how to do it with the PS4 controller. With my Steam Controller, I start by pressing the Steam button, and the menu that shows up has an option to edit the controller layout.

8 hours ago, Jerauld said:

I have the same issue.  Steam user with PS4 controller.  The buttons within the expandable boxes at the top (i.e. Show profile/Solo) do not read the controller input, slamming X or A (confirm) on controller does nothing.  Using the mouse does work, though. 

I've tried doing it with a mouse, but other than being able to move the cursor around, the buttons on it are unresponsive unable to click anything at all. It would be nice if we could hotkey some of these commands so I can just tap it on my Keyboard or thumbpad on the naga mouse if they can't fix this issue.

Lately, unless everyone else in the group drops out first, I been going into Profile and Logging out and rejoining the game just to leave groups. Its a hassle, but its the only method I could find that works. Hopefully it doesn't freak out the GM's seeing me log out so frequently.

Edited by Jerauld

Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't.  The menus occasionally stop responding to selection by controllers and this has been an issue unresolved since the cursor UI introduction.

There are some that wont even respond to a mouse like the acknowledgement of "connection to host has been lost you will be returned.." If you try with controller it doesn't close, then the mouse won't close it either forceing you to restart the game.

I also just left a squad where using controller or mouse I was unable to slect leave squad as it wouldn't recognize I was clicking on "Leave Squad" - had to force quit the game.

12 hours ago, Jerauld said:

It's similar with the PS4 controller to how oolgorboid said for their steam controller:

1. When in game press the Playstation button.

2. Controller Configuration

3. There are tabs for different parts of the game - launcher, game, melee mode, menu, etc. I changed it in all. Click the box that deals with bindings for the square/triangle/circle/cross part of the controller

4. For each button click the text that's there, then whatever is selected in 'binding' on the next screen

5. Click 'legacy keys' on at the bottom of so that it displays a mouse, keyboard and controller rather than a list of in-game actions

6. select the appropriately locationed button on the contoller on the right of the screen that shows.

7. repeat for all buttons and all tabs

Edited by catinya