Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] Are Warframes all filled with.. meat?

Frink202

As we have seen in the sacrifice, Umbra is a living man, with his eyes covered by his own flesh, all of it neatly stuffed into the Umbra Frame. The Question is... are ALL Warframes made of meat? Are they all stuffed with gross piles of flesh? And.. were they all Orokin that have been mutated by Ballas? Do we all steer zombies encased in Armor?

It's little more complicated from what it seems to be. You need ... We (players) have to speculate alot more about lore from what was given to us. Soo the topic was spoiler branded so I guess I can freely write some stuff but just in case *SPOILER ALERT*

From the Ballas' Veridian (if I recall it's name correctly; this memory saving device) we learned that they (higher Orokin) created Sentients that revolted 'coz of reasons. Then they have created Warframes but since Sentients render any synthetic/machinary weapons of Orokin ineffective they thought of creating flesh golems that would be the weapons... for their every command. They experimented with another of their failures, Technocyte Virus and it's creations which we call Infestation. From what I understand technocyte virus can infect synthetics but it needs flesh as it's base. They created Helminth brand which was a hybrid of this infested cancer and synthetics thus we have our bio-mechanic cyborgs.

Flesh is their base - Orokin Dax warriors who " volunteered" for this experiment. This explains why we ahve so many different Warframes, each with it's own nature (Valkyr rage, Loki, Mirage trickster etc.) which may represent the last memories of the turned Dax warriors, in some sort at least their nature still lingers in our Warframes. Their own minds are no more, what is left is just this lingering former self of Warframes. That's why Warframes on their own were like mindless beasts unable to control themselves.

Why our Warframes are sometimes clad in metal parts? Some manifestations of Infestation could create armor out of the flesh. Space magic but it can be explained in more detail using sci-fi logic. Infested cells (Helminth type) are coded to not only proliferate like a cancer/tumor into formless bulk of flesh, but also to manifest on their surface metal like armor built from the macro/microelements (minerals, metals) stockpilled in the cells itself. You can see in game some Infested units have armors or more like hardened shells.

Base is flesh, surface is metal/mineral shell. Mind is chaos. Tenno are regulators and pilots and the mystical Void powers allow them to connect their minds with Warframes. All is starting to make sense in a way xd