Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is My Computer Able To Run Warframe Well?

powerhendrix527

Question

I have a 500GB Gateway Laptop which has 4GB RAM, and an Intel B960 2.2GHz Processor. I think the problem is my GPU because their are numerous frame rate drops. It really is quite frustrating, I recently bought this laptop and the GPU is only a year old! I cannot find much information on my GPU I have searched everywhere on the internet and on my computer itself. All the information I found was that it is Intel HD Graphics which is the name. I just want to find a way to reduce frame rate drops or do I have to buy a whole new computer entirely. If you want to search it up its NV76R26U model. I would really appreciate the help!

A computer with these specs should be able to run warframe if your still not certain check out 'can you run it' by typing in to google and searching for warframe and this will tell you how close you are to being able to run a specific game or if you can run the game. This requires java script to use thoughso if you don't have it just try comparing your specs to the recommended for warframe.

Edit the website I mentioned can sometimes give specifics on pc parts for example in my experience it gave a read out of my graphics cards ram and phys-x usage or something similar.

Edited by silversponge

It says error 404 not found and I also googled it and it still says same thing.

Not sure what's wrong I think there are similar sites ill try and look for some and get back to you.

Other pc users suggest yougamers.com and its game-o-meter

Edited by silversponge

It says error 404 not found and I also googled it and it still says same thing.

Not sure what's wrong I think there are similar sites ill try and look for some and get back to you.

Looking fine on my side.

I found what I believe to be your laptop model: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8229091

Can you play Warframe? Sorta.

Can you play it well? No.

Well what do you think the problem is??? Could it be the graphics card? Or RAM? I can only upgrade RAM and HDD obviously so if its a graphics card problem I'm screwed.

If you didn't see my edited post try going on yougamers.com and using their game-o-meter which some users believe is more accurate than the previous site and hopefully will open.

yougamers.com doesn't have warframe's system requirements. I just searched it on there and they don't have it. :/

Well what do you think the problem is??? Could it be the graphics card? Or RAM? I can only upgrade RAM and HDD obviously so if its a graphics card problem I'm screwed.

The Can You Run It site would tell you more in detail, but your GPU is just a basic built-into the motherboard graphics. They are not strong at all and meant to the basic of basics. I wouldn't expect much else from Gateway.

The Can You Run It site would tell you more in detail, but your GPU is just a basic built-into the motherboard graphics. They are not strong at all and meant to the basic of basics. I wouldn't expect much else from Gateway.

So it probably is my graphics card which is what I thought it was. :/ Is it possible if I get rid of a couple games on my Hard Drive it would maybe boost up the game speed??? I have Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and League of Legends installed on my HDD and COD takes like over 6GB so do you think it would make a difference or no?

So it probably is my graphics card which is what I thought it was. :/ Is it possible if I get rid of a couple games on my Hard Drive it would maybe boost up the game speed??? I have Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and League of Legends installed on my HDD and COD takes like over 6GB so do you think it would make a difference or no?

No not all. Even if you defragged your HDD the most improvements you would see would be with file read/write speeds, so not related.

You could try closing anything you're not using from running in the background, like Skype, video things, music, things you don't need while playing.

Edit: Like taiiat said below me, it is both your CPU and your GPU. Both are weak, your laptop is from Gateway, Gateway is the weakest of  the economy brands.

Edited by Hobo42

the problem is both the CPU and GPU. 

i would advise doing as little as possible while playing Warframe. you could even trim out parts of the operating system to save any amount of CPU cycles. 

but there's not really much you can do, other than make sure Warframe is running in DX9(the intel chip probably doesn't even support DX10/11 so non-issue) and in the game options, turn off all of the optional visual enhancements. can shadows go off? if they can, do that. 

also, hard drive free space has no impact - the only benefit from that would be having more space for a page file, but it has a decent amount of RAM as it is. 

Edited by taiiat

Hard drive space doesn't alter running speed any more but it used to on older hard drives and pcs but with recent improvements that is now a myth of the past. I'd recommend downloading warframe over a night if its not already on your pc and then trying to run it on the lowest settings possible and if this doesn't work all you lose is a bit of money from paying the extra money to your electricity bill as no money was spent on the actual game. I do this sometimes with games as my pc is kind of old and I really wanted to play dc universe so I spent 3 nights downloading it only to find it didn't work but with plenty of other games such as warframe champions online and dota I have discovered that I can just about run them without any unbearable problems.

Also, Run Warframe in the lowest resolution you can. It may not look good, but Resolution is the single biggest frame rate killer for a mid range machine.

In the graphics options, Turn everything off, except Dynamic Lighting, and Local Reflections. Everything else is eye candy, eye candy that you don't need clogging up your GFX "Pipes" lol

If all that, and the other (very good, i might add) suggestions arent enough, then im afraid you may have need of another machine.

Is it an Intel HD 3000? If yes, then you can run Warframe if you turn off all graphical settings (you can still play on max resolution no problem, that's what I do). I have a similiar laptop (same CPU, same HDD, same GPU), and I have barely issues (only when there are too many effects on screen).

Hope I was of help and have fun playing Warframe!

Is it an Intel HD 3000? If yes, then you can run Warframe if you turn off all graphical settings (you can still play on max resolution no problem, that's what I do). I have a similiar laptop (same CPU, same HDD, same GPU), and I have barely issues (only when there are too many effects on screen).

Hope I was of help and have fun playing Warframe!

Yes I can run warframe with plenty stuff on and I run 1600x900 resolution perfectly fine with no frame rate drops. Only the bloom color correction and a couple other things slow my frame rate down.

the problem is both the CPU and GPU. 

i would advise doing as little as possible while playing Warframe. you could even trim out parts of the operating system to save any amount of CPU cycles. 

but there's not really much you can do, other than make sure Warframe is running in DX9(the intel chip probably doesn't even support DX10/11 so non-issue) and in the game options, turn off all of the optional visual enhancements. can shadows go off? if they can, do that. 

also, hard drive free space has no impact - the only benefit from that would be having more space for a page file, but it has a decent amount of RAM as it is. 

I actually can run DirectX11 my laptop isn't really that old or horrible.

When i start mission, and countdown end, screen get black.After 15-20 sec it start loading and its need about 1-2 minutes to load ,if it is defense it need 40 sec, if it is boss mission it takes 5 minutes.I can play online just defense misions.When im trying to kill Tyl Regor ,and it needs to be cinematic Warframe get crashed. When i click on game to start it again it takes 10 minutes.I play about one month ,i really like game ,but its hard hard  to play.Is this for my crapy computer .He has 1 gb ram ,network is good thats all what i now -.-. If problem is in my computer then Ok ,but if its not i will like to somebody help me e e .Thanks for time .