Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The sacrifice (spoilers)-kinda & Appreciation Post

DasDeathGun

I recently returned after a long hiatus and finished the long awaited sacrifice quest and I only have a few thoughts on this update

The quest was good, not TSD good but good enough to further the lore of the game especially with natah back in the picture.

further emphasizing it really falls short for a major update especially around the hype around it , but this begs the question for a quest that has mostly filler content 

and a mini game with daddy long arm, is that it really is just a cannon fodder for umbra, the sacrifice has 2 gigabyte for an update which makes me question the weirdness of it all

recently Wally (TMITW) returned with dialogues and this led me to believe that there is more to this than we have now is there a secret we have yet to uncover with this update will helminth be a factor if you show it umbra with a cyst or will umbra even be affected by the cyst, it just falls short for a 2 gig update to lack this much content.

lastly DE may not be the perfect gaming company but its the one we have right now, it strives on its community it listens to feedback unlike some games, and with the prime/umbra issue , i for one can't say anything about the matter but i do know this, without the founders we wouldn't have the game we have now but without the fans who stuck by the game and continuously supported its developers we wouldn't have the sacrifice at all, DE has done a lot of things but they don't do anything this rash without a reason or an explanation, with the bugs we have now, i wouldn't expect a reply or even an explanation for the update  until it has been fully resolved

Good job DE and thank you community for without both of you i would be just be another gamer looking for a void to fill.

I must say, I am very happy with my Excalibur Umbra. I love him. I really love his lore as well. I hope we get to hear more in regards to the Vetruvian. 

Ahh, a thing you brought up that I wanted to mention. I have noticed my Umbra came with a fully grown cyst (you see it glitch through the scarf every so often). I don't know if that's why he's got a scarf to hide on some upcoming lore or mechanic. I feel like I infect warframes around me a lot faster. Wondering if its a plan Ballas had. 

3 minutes ago, AeroyrHwrdd said:

I must say, I am very happy with my Excalibur Umbra. I love him. I really love his lore as well. I hope we get to hear more in regards to the Vetruvian. 

Ahh, a thing you brought up that I wanted to mention. I have noticed my Umbra came with a fully grown cyst (you see it glitch through the scarf every so often). I don't know if that's why he's got a scarf to hide on some upcoming lore or mechanic. I feel like I infect warframes around me a lot faster. Wondering if its a plan Ballas had. 

I am too, its good for people who just want something new from this game especially the content drought every time tennocon rolls around.

I barely noticed it myself since you mention it, i did found a cyst but its not fully grown because if it did helminths room would have open the moment i finished the quest.

maybe a bug (lol)  but either way if it is hope it gets fixed soon cause i wanna see what helminth says to umbra especially now we know helminth is the "maker" of the frames.

I thought so, it was nice to see an appreciation post. I know soem people are disappointed but I never really hyped Umbra despite being a player for several years now. A frame that goes around on its own, firing weapsons and using abilities when you're in operator mode? I adore him. 

It looks fully grown but I went to the door of the room to check as well once nad found it and yeah, it didn't open for me either. I thought maybe Umbra cannot be cured? I don't know, so many hypotheses swimming in my brain. Isaah's dad, whoever that was, was infested by Ballas, not sure if that will come into play. On the other hand it could be bugs coming into play too. 

The quest was just not what I hoped for.

I thought the quest would have something to do with with the man in wall (since it can only be played after the harrow-questline), but as it seems: Nope. I thought we would see a bit more of Lotus, maybe get in conflict with her and that WE had to sacrifice something, forcing/nudging the Operator to grow up a little about it, ...

Stil, I liked it, the missions were quite atmospheric, not to easy. The Pacing was great and the quest expanded the lore in different interesting ways (I didn't know about Ballas alliance with THAT faction) and it gave some new interesting questions (Was Umbra-Excalibur THE prototype? What was trapped on Lua? What are Ballas and cronies up to?)

Now I just wished I could replay it, to hear the dialogues again...

Edited by thor_sten