The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Overheating problems

AllMusicIsBad

I run war frame on my home desktop

Sabertooth 990FX motherboard

AMD FX(tm) Eight-Core Processor (water cooled)

16 GB DDR4 ram 

2 GTX 1080s each with 8gb dedicated ram(tried both in SLI and not)

4tb hd 

4 big ol internal fans bought specifically to try and help with this problem that weren't enough

2.5' box fan placed against computer on high with side of casing off, regularly dust interior

Room kept at roughly 72F

I play in 4k but this is the only game I have any problem running at max settings. Even with framerate capped at 50 and on medium settings i see GPUs above 75C using MSI Afterburner . Vsysnc off, on, or auto  doesn't make much difference. Swapped out thermal paste on all relevant components. I've optimized, verified, and reinstalled the game to see if there was anything there.  Despite all this my computer regularly overheats and shuts down after an hour or two of Warframe. I really enjoy this game but am getting very frustrated trying to run what should be a walk in the park. Is there an engine limitation with regards to 4k or what? I appreciate any and all help at this point because this is beyond what I can think of. Of course its either that or something simple I didn't consider. Either way please help.

• Have you updated all the driver hardware?
  • Have you tried this not on 4K?
  • Is your PSU sufficient?
  • Have you overclocked anything?
  • Edit: does it tell you what temperature it is hitting?
Edited by krc473