Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea About How To Have Gazillion Weapons In Warframe And Make End Game More Fun Without Really Adding Any Content

KONAir

Warframe should have started with a random item creation system. Since it is unfeasible and too late (and probably against design to have mirrilion foundry items that are unlikely to be built) right now to do "item drops" there is an extremely easy alternative where the problem is fixed at its core. The weapons themselves;

Every weapon should have a "Weapon Core", which basically is a mod slot item, placed in the Ui where Aura cards for frames go.

Unlike Auras though a weapon always has to have a "Weapon Core" equipped. Because "Weapon Core" dictates all, or some, of the weapon stats (fire rate, damage, damage kind... etc.) and each weapon bought or built comes with the default "Weapon Core".

Random variations of "Weapon Cores" drops/rewarded to players would allow almost infinite variation of the same gun. With some bias to generate better "Weapon Core" variations for less used weapons they can see some more use then "for just 10o points". The "Weapon Cores" do not have to offer huge variances from Default stats, but idea of there is one out there somewhere which has %12.5 more base damage or adds number of bullets into a burst multiplied by the number of Statues Warbros have 2 will have hordes of players looking for them.

For the late game adding Legendary Rare "Weapon Cores" that alter weapon behaviour will make people grind with enthusiasm. I would grind non-stop for a Drunken Flight Rockets + Attack and Reload Speed "Weapon Core" for Ogris. Or a burst fire "Weapon Core" for Dual Vipers would at least make me dust them off and use for a while again and also really would like to see how Sicarus would work as a semi auto.

Random Item Generation Systems MADE GAMES ON THEIR OWN there are examples of many games in which barely any gameplay exist but people still play them; "I must have that Sword Of Infinity +1 +1, becuase it is marginally better then Sword Of Infinity + 1 + 0.5". And then we have Warframe, which has an extremely solid gameplay; GAMEPLAY ALONE CAN KEEP WARFRAME AFLOAT... for a while. But combined with a Random Item Generation (no matter how tacky) it can last even longer.

...now to get it read "Beers and di..."

Edited by KONAir

Warframe should have started with a rouge-like item creation system. Since it is unfeasible and too late (and probably against design to have mirrilion foundry items that are unlikely to be built) right now to do "item drops" there is an extremely easy alternative where the problem is fixed at its core. The weapons themselves;

Every weapon should have a "Weapon Core", which basically is a mod slot item, placed in the Ui where Aura cards for frames go.

Unlike Auras though a weapon always has to have a "Weapon Core" equipped. Because "Weapon Core" dictates all, or some, of the weapon stats (fire rate, damage, damage kind... etc.) and each weapon bought or built comes with the default "Weapon Core".

Random variations of "Weapon Cores" drops/rewarded to players would allow almost infinite variation of the same gun. With some bias to generate better "Weapon Core" variations for less used weapons they can see some more use then "for just 10o points". The "Weapon Cores" do not have to offer huge variances from Default stats, but idea of there is one out there somewhere which has %12.5 more base damage or adds number of bullets into a burst multiplied by the number of Statues Warbros have 2 will have hordes of players looking for them.

For the late game adding Legendary Rare "Weapon Cores" that alter weapon behaviour will make people grind with enthusiasm. I would grind non-stop for a Drunken Flight Rockets + Attack and Reload Speed "Weapon Core" for Ogris. Or a burst fire "Weapon Core" for Dual Vipers would at least make me dust them off and use for a while again and also really would like to see how Sicarus would work as a semi auto.

Random Item Generation Systems MADE GAMES ON THEIR OWN there are examples of many games in which barely any gameplay exist but people still play them; "I must have that Sword Of Infinity +1 +1, becuase it is marginally better then Sword Of Infinity + 1 + 0.5". And then we have Warframe, which has an extremely solid gameplay; GAMEPLAY ALONE CAN KEEP WARFRAME AFLOAT... for a while. But combined with a Random Item Generation (no matter how tacky) it can last even longer.

...now to get it read "Beers and di..."

it's spelled "rogue-like"

Warframe would benefit greatly with a better loot system. I would say that this would be a perfect addition, and I really hope DE takes a look at this.

Now just add some sort of armor pickup system where we can loot items that have new styles and stats for our warframes (and not just helmets), and this would be awesome.

I like the idea of a separate mod slot that would offer significant variance to the weapon's attributes.  Shifting a weapon's primary damage to a different damage type, for example, would be better suited to this type of slot than to a standard mod slot.

I also really, really like the idea of mods with the same name having different possible stats.

We have common, uncommon, and rare mods. . . Perhaps these ideas will be incorporated when DE makes "Legendary" mods.

I just left a discussion similar to this.  I think it is a great idea to offer more flexibility to weapons, but I do not think another card slot is the best way.  Maybe I am biased because I saw this thread second, but the other idea was to use the research lab to make weapon skins that do the exact same things.  This would give you the meta-game that you are after, and the skin implementation that the DE is after.

That being said, I really would love for either one to be put in.  Our guns are far to rigid, and the mod system can only do so much.  These more specific tweaks to augment a specific style would be a nice change of pace.