The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What does this little blue symbol mean?

MillbrookWest

Question

None of my other frames seem to have it... and im trying to think what i've done 8 of to get it that one of my other frames wouldn't have done also. I thought onslaught, but neither of the frames i've taken into onslaught have one.

warframe.x64_2018_06_lfkwc.jpg

Edited by MillbrookWest

6 answers to this question

Mastery rank requirement to trade the Blueprint/build the frame.

Only Banshee Prime, Hydroid Prime, Oberon Prime and a couple others have this, All other frames can be built at rank 0.

14 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Mastery rank requirement to trade the Blueprint/build the frame.

Only Banshee Prime, Hydroid Prime, Oberon Prime and a couple others have this, All other frames can be built at rank 0.

Don't know how i feel about not knowing that after so long spent playing the game lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

Truth be told, i have no idea what any of the little buff icons mean either.

18 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

Don't know how i feel about not knowing that after so long spent playing the game lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

Truth be told, i have no idea what any of the little buff icons mean either.

The potato means you have potatoed the frame 

The forma with the number lets you know how many forma you have in the frame 

And the Laurel lets you know that you have mastered that frame

If you had a focus lens in the frame it would also display the icon for that focus school. 

Edited by Oreades

20 minutes ago, Oreades said:

The potato means you have potatoed the frame 

The forma with the number lets you know how many forma you have in the frame 

And the Laurel lets you know that you have mastered that frame

If you had a focus lens in the frame it would also display the icon for that focus school. 

I got all that, i was referencing the actual in-game buff icons.

Octavia apparently gives 100 and i have no idea what any of them mean lol.

Been playing since 2013, and truth be told, i've never seen the MR symbol used this way (as in: put next to forma and potato count).

18 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

I got all that, i was referencing the actual in-game buff icons.

Octavia apparently gives 100 and i have no idea what any of them mean lol.

Been playing since 2013, and truth be told, i've never seen the MR symbol used this way (as in: put next to forma and potato count).

Oh those can mean any number of things, it really depends on the frame/ability that is applying them. 

I would point to the Wiki but I don't think it even covers the specific in game buff icons. I think Metranome alone has like four possible buffs and I think they each have their own icon. Tho I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've played with an Octavia and gone for anything but invisibility.

You just sorta start to recognize the ones you care about I guess. 

Then there are the buffs from Arcanes tho if memory serves those essentially all pretty much look alike except they have different numerical indicators/countdowns. At least I can't tell those apart outside of the noticeable effect (if there is one) and that the two I use on the regular have differing starting timers. 

Kavats are their own special brand of buff indicator hell because they are pretty much like the Arcanes except instead of displaying all the buffs they visually overwrite themselves on the buff bar. Even tho it's my understanding that any applied buff will continue to function for it's full duration/condition even if it is no longer displayed as the "top" buff. Even then the only way to tell most of them apart is by their starting timer since they all have he same icon....... then there are the two conditionals that have no such indication and are (I think) your next cast will take no energy and nullifies the next single source of incoming damage.