Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia Metronome fps Drop

Arkis-Prime

Currently Octavia's Metronome ability just tanks performance making her largely unplayable. The worst part is having one in squad, at least if I'm using Octavia the performance hit is constant but with other players they repeatedly move in and out of range and the roller coaster fps it causes is nauseating. The only other effect in the game that can reliably affect performance like this is Volt's Discharge but that's when it's max range and hitting lots of enemies, Metronome on the other hand causes more extreme performance loss when nothing else is happening.

As a test I went into the Captura Colour Key scene, with no abilities active I had 150 fps. Activating 1, 2 and 4 made it drop to 130-140 with Mallet (1) having the biggest impact. However as soon as I activate Metronome (3) the fps plummets down to 25. Tilting the camera to look upwards brought it back up to 90-100 so looking down on the ability is the main issue. When playing with others it seemed to be as long I was 25-30 metres away performance wasn't impacted as much.

I am playing on the Low preset for graphics and it's worth noting I did not have this problem when Octavia launched. Even with multiple Octavias in squad there weren't any issues however an update earlier this year seemed to dramatically affect the ability's performance for me. I'm on Windows 10 with an Intel i5-6400 cpu, 8 gig ram, with internal graphics. There were numerous topics (now archived) with people reporting similar issues with a range of computer specs, several more recent topics have been brought up on the subreddit.