Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entering/Inviting to Landing Crafts

Spharin

Why do you guys think the only way to have another player in our landing craft is by invite-only to squad?

I don't know if I'm all that up to post something in suggestions/feedback right now, but what does everyone think about having an option relating to allowing squad, friends, or clan to freely enter each other's landing craft if the owner of it allows?

What would be the drawbacks for letting this sort of thing? I don't understand why we're allowed to go all out on decorating our landing craft if it's such a chore for others to see it. (I haven't spent a penny decorating mine.) It'd be nice to have another place for easier interactions, without the use of clan halls and noanimationotherthanwalkingandteleportingeverywhereandmakingeverythingwedolookterrible. Our landing craft is pretty small though, so I can imagine why the limit to 4 squad members is a good idea. It'd probably be too hard to decide through things for DE and trying to figure out what would be the best way to go at this sort of thing (if any) if they were ever going to add/change it.

Maybe a sub-menu from 'invite' would be a useful UI feature:

Spoiler

Invite to...
Squad, Orbiter, Clan, Chat. 

With an automatic bias to 'Squad' if you click on it again while the drop-sideways list is open.

However freely allowing people to visit your Orbiter? That has complications; maybe have it so people can request an invite to your Orbiter, like this?:
[Tenno_Skoom] wants to visit your Orbiter.
Yes | No

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Expanded.

I was more pushing to the idea of having an option to have it locked/unlocked to squad, or friends, or clan. whichever of those would work, one or all. 

Yeah requesting an invite is a possibility if you know they're sitting in their landing craft/menus.

Another thing that came to mind is chats/vc ect. It'd probably be too much to have a landing craft-specific chat if there's any reason that'd cause strain on anything (like how there's no animations in cetus, relays or clan halls) Or anything else related to "causing too much strain" on a server with inviting more than 4 people, or getting people in your landing craft all together.