Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Grineer Sealab Sabotage] Remove Extraction Room From List of Cache Spawn Locations

Dijn11

a26k9g.jpg

Please adjust the spawning of Caches so that they don't show up in the same room as extraction. Combing through the entirety of the map to find caches, I can handle, but putting them in the same place you go to leave the mission is just too counterintuitive. In solo missions, someone might accidentally end the mission despite them thinking to take a look around the room. There are a million other places the Cache can spawn in, but it dosen't have to be there.

Edited by Dijn11
fixing a sentence

I don't see a problem.  Now you forever know that spot is a potential location for a cache to spawn.  You can easily walk to where it is without coming "accidentally" anywhere near the green extraction circle. When searching every room and you reach this place, you check in the back if there is a cache there, if not, you backtrack and continue searching.

Same deal for Eris. ALL three possible extraction maps on Eris also have a cache spawn location in their respective extraction rooms when doing Hive missions. Once you memorize all hidden cache locations, finding them becomes a breeze.

That's all welI and good, except for the part where not many will think to look at extraction on their own.

Mind you, DE expects *new players* to find all 3 caches in one mission to reach the Junction to progress. Vets (who may or may not be aware of that spot) that cleared the old map don't have to do this, and the cache rewards aren't exactly the most enticing to get them to assist new players.

When most people, both new and veteran, see the blinking green icon, the natural thought that comes to mind is "Don't go there, I'm not done yet." So picture many players combing the entire map, unable to find all three, then giving up and extracting for a redo, without realizing you can go around the mission-ending circle.

People expect to find caches in places you normally wouldn't go to on a regular mission. The extraction room does not fit that description In my case, two were decently hidden, one found after hacking something, and another after climbing up to a hole in the wall. After finally finding the cache in a little corner *past* extraction it just felt like a low blow to me and the squad.

So yeah, I'm still convinced that the Sealab extraction room should not be a cache spot. 

Edited by Dijn11
Clarification

On 2018-06-27 at 7:45 AM, Gandergear said:

Thiefs wit easily will show it, adding loot D or instinct in does as well.

I don't really see how that adds to anything. I didn't say caches were too hard to find, I said putting them at that one spot in the tileset is too counterintuitive.

On 2018-06-25 at 10:01 PM, Dijn11 said:

People expect to find caches in places you normally wouldn't go to on a regular mission. The extraction room does not fit that description

Of course it does, since people just ignore those corners... I've lost count of how many ayatan sculptures I've found there.