Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback and Improvements about the game

Brimstone

2 hours ago, Dhrekr said:
2 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Do you? Can you point a warframe to me and say "having to wait for four days damaged my enjoyment of them"?

If not, then you are just making a fuss about something that would not enhance your enjoyment of the game. Hence my complete contempt with this little crusade of yours.

Obviously not. this question is ridiculous. obviously the wait time didn't damage the enjoyment of the fame itself. even waiting for 2 years doesnt change if a frame ia enjoyable or not. but it did and still does very much damage my overall enjoyment of the game, to the point where i can't tolerate it for more than like a week at a time.

Edited by Brimstone

I'm glad you brought up the resemblance to mobile games, Brimstone! As a, ahem, "Free-to-Play" game it is definitely not free, it is designed to make you pay in other ways because the more time spent in game means the more people will continue to play, the more people currently playing the more revenue opportunities they have as a company. 

Mobile games are cheap because they can afford to be. They use the artificial imposition of in game limits to sell you the real products which are usually the services you use to play the game like your phone and cell contract. 

The artificially imposed time limits are also there to get you to only play the company's product which is very effective in coercing a monopoly from uncooperative consumers. Why buy the competition outright when you now have them hooked on you own product? 

The thing is that DE's approach is different in that they wanted to make a game that everyone could play. They also wanted to make a triple A game on an indy developers' budget. Unfortunately, the only way to do this is to use semi-questionable business practices already deeply rooted in the gaming market. 

I am okay with DE doing this because of two reasons: 

1.It allows the game to still be accessible to everyone with an internet connection, 

2. They don't have to submit to the whims of a larger parent company like Activision. 

DE does get funding from a company that "owns" them, but for now they are left to do their own thing, but they have the added bonus of extra income to pay to keep the lights on. 

On 2018-06-26 at 11:56 PM, Brimstone said:

Well, Lets say a new prime comes out, and there's a bundle for it, and they throw in a bunch of accessories exclusive to the bundle, id say people are defiantly going to buy it, me included. that's because A: I might not want to spend a couple of hours now - getting the relics, and then farming for the parts, and B: Exclusive cosmetics.

With that being said, i honestly don't see how the removal of the wait times means loot boxes will replace them. Warframe has a HUGE playerbase, and i think it wouldnt be naaive to say that they could very well do without the wait times.

Not really a veteran here as I only started playing around a year ago.

Still not being a veteran didn't stop me from finding out how to get fieldrons easy from invasions.

After a year I have acquired all of the warframes and almost all weapons including archwing (except for a few vaulted ones and some zaw parts as right now I just don't feel like farming these yet).

I never felt like wait times are a problem. In a way they even made sense - I gather some resources and it takes some time for the foundry to build these...but I'm sorry if for you the wait times ruin game expierience a bit.

Personally I feel like crafting wait times can stay as they are. Except maybe reduce forma crafting time a little? It seems we always need more than we can craft xD

Edited by DjKaplis

1 hour ago, (XB1)ZenithLord 42 said:

I am okay with DE doing this because of two reasons: 

1.It allows the game to still be accessible to everyone with an internet connection, 

2. They don't have to submit to the whims of a larger parent company like Activision. 

DE does get funding from a company that "owns" them, but for now they are left to do their own thing, but they have the added bonus of extra income to pay to keep the lights on. 

You sound like a reasonable person and i respect your opinion. I honestly (obviously) don't have DE's finances database, but i do have reasons to believe that they really dont need to do that anymore in order to "keep the lights on".

1.Warframe has grown incredibly rapidly the last few years, and earned itself (and rightfully so) a huge, consistent player/fanbase. In other words, Warframe isn't what it used to be, it's on a whole different league of a game, compared to a few years ago. 

2. Warframe has it's own Con - TennoCon, that is, which seems to me like a huge privilege (cheers btw), that a small indi company wouldnt normally be able to annually arrange (which further proves my point at how sensational this game has become).

3. Other F2P games do it! and many of them dont have those semi-questionable timers. which makes perfect sense with one of your points - that a F2P game wants to keep you hooked. so id say it's better for that reason to not stop your progress behind a timer. Instead, Today's F2P give more and more to work towards - the more you play, the more you achieve.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ZenithLord 42 said:

They also wanted to make a triple A game on an indy developers' budget. 

That's the thing, that it was once the case, but i highly doubt that it's like that anymore.

Edited by Brimstone

12 hours ago, DjKaplis said:

I never felt like wait times are a problem. In a way they even made sense - I gather some resources and it takes some time for the foundry to build these...

Sure, they can "make sense" logically, that it takes time to build stuff. But it also can "make sense" that your foundry is super advanced and can create things in a instant. 

It also "made sense" back when your warframes had a stamina bars, And also now, when they don't.

But anyways, it's a game, and not a realistic one, so I wouldn't say that "making sense" is more important than making the game fun (Stamina bar for example).

Very true, Brimstone! Many F2P games don't have those pesky timers! I think it really comes down to artificial timers still being present in Warframe because they are the last vestiges of the business model DE used when Warframe was still new. 

Artificial wait times don't really need to be present in Warframe given the current trend in increased player counts and participation! 

Many of the other tactics such as the login system, limits to things such as Focus are outdated and DE is currently looking at those systems. The recent increase to the Focus cap in the Beasts of the Sanctuary update was much appreciated! 

DE saw that maxing your Focus Trees could take way too long, leaving newer players in the dust in they actually wished to invest in a timely manner (or actually be able to get some benefit out of it before the year 2020). I'm glad they changed it! 

It's to put a cap on something like Focus when it is still new, but "leaving the training wheels on," so to say when the system is fully part of the game, hurts newer players and long term player retention when you release newer content that only adds to the time investment! 

It isn't a good business model, but more importantly, it forms a rift between the devs and the community they're making games for!

17 hours ago, (XB1)ZenithLord 42 said:

Very true, Brimstone! Many F2P games don't have those pesky timers! I think it really comes down to artificial timers still being present in Warframe because they are the last vestiges of the business model DE used when Warframe was still new. 

Artificial wait times don't really need to be present in Warframe given the current trend in increased player counts and participation! 

Many of the other tactics such as the login system, limits to things such as Focus are outdated and DE is currently looking at those systems. The recent increase to the Focus cap in the Beasts of the Sanctuary update was much appreciated! 

First of all, im glad you agree that it doesn't have to be in the game (you are the first to agree with that from all my commenters!) 

So basically you are saying that they might change it in the future, like they are planning to do with focus? Because that would be the most amazing change to the game in my opinion.