Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

100% Sound-Reduction Should Make Weapon Actually Silent

VermilionMHX

I mean, it is still awesome and adds quite some comfort to stealthier gameplay that I can just shoot enemies with my Aklex without them hearing me, but it would be neat if the weapons that have Suppress or Hush on them wouldn't actually make a sound or if it would be severely muffled, at least. Just a small detail.

Yeah I've mentioned this before it always kind of confused me that adding Suppress/Hush/Silent Battery/Banshee didn't actually muffle the sound of shots on weapons. Nothing like throwing on my Suppress setup for my Euphona on Ivara and "stealth" killing people with a resonating BANG BANG BANG! And we know silenced effects exist, the Baza is always silent, so you'd think they could just program it so when a silencing mod is equipped the internal volume slider on that weapon just knocked down to like 25% just to help with the immersive feel...of being a robotic space ninja.

I have it on my Vectis, and it sounds the same. It breaks the immersion when you shoot an enemy while another is right next to you and he does not hear 😄 

On 2018-07-02 at 2:18 AM, Radiorude said:

This is where ideal game design meets the technical constraints that would be the recording and manual designing of new firing sounds for all firearms in Warframe.

But I agree with Radiorude, they can't just lower the volume of the audio clip.

While lowering the volume isn't quite the thing to do, they could still apply a low-pass filter to the sound to make it more muffled. It might not be as good as custom sounds for every weapon but it would get the idea across.

The game can already do that - the no-atmosphere sequences (infested ship tile set, corpus window destruction) already use it. The question is whether it can be used selectively for just the modded weapon.

• Like 1