Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scary Stalker?

Aigloblam

So i've been hearing a lot of stuff about the stalker not being scary anymore. Why is this? Because his A.I. is pretty basic. "Stand here, shoot this, if miss, shoot again till dead" Thats not going to cut it for really high level players. This is a problem that may take some real brainstorming to fix, and possibly some drastic ideas.

Yeah i have a pretty drastic suggestion. One that nobody is going to like, But i think it would fix the issue.

His main issue is the AI....so take that out of the equation.

Let PLAYERS play the stalker. Once a player hits Rank 11, let him buy (with plat) a key or something that lets him play the stalker a few times per day, for a week or so. That would not only make a new End-Game target, but it would also make them more money, and make the stalker harder by leaps and bounds.

Im not saying let someone use their own frame, thats just opening the doors to Trolling. I mean using THE stalker, as in, his weapons, his skills, nothing else. Even disabling chat, so there would be no interaction between the players and the one playing the stalker. 

If you only let high ranked players play the stalker, you would know that they are skilled enough to do it, and also that they would be less likely to do something stupid like just stand around or whatever. Just an idea, but i do think its a good one.

Let the hate flow. (no pun intended)

It should be optional if you let a player come in to your mission as a stalker

It would be like regular matchmaking, the person who has bought the Key will be able to join a random mission, on a random planet, with random players. I think that would ruin the whole "Stalker" aspect if you got to choose whether or not it could come into your game.

Good idea but i don't see why it should be plat only.

That would keep non-serious players from trying it. It would make sure that only someone who is going to take the role of the Stalker serious will do it. But anything is possible, tweaking things is what this post is all about :)

I can imagine some extremes happening

1. higher level rank 11 users will and can abuse this power (specially those with money to play) and attack players at random for S#&$s and giggles

2. The stalker may become too hard for players to beat.

3. Rank 11 users may have friends on lower ranks who want the items that the stalker can drop. All he has to do is stand there and let his friends kill him until they get the blueprints.

They might not all happen but the possibility is there.

Also how would they determine what the User Based Stalker would do IF he were defeated? Would he be ejected from the game?

Edited by Anatolius

1. higher level rank 11 users will and can abuse this power (specially those with money to play) and attack players at random for S#&$s and giggles

3. Rank 11 users may have friends on lower ranks who want the items that the stalker can drop. All he has to do is stand there and let his friends kill him until they get the blueprints.

4. Also how would they determine what the User Based Stalker would do IF he were defeated? Would he be ejected from the game?

1. Stalker already does that. He attacked my friend on Terminus, on his very first Warframe game ever. Thankfully my other friend and I were there. Something they could do is that when you play as Stalker, it will choose a random game (so you don't get to pick at newbies on Terminus, though the dice may roll to that).

2. They could make it so that there's both Stalker AI and Stalker Player. Stalker AI will still be easy to kill if it stays as simple as it is right now.

3. As I said in the first reply, if the squad's chosen at random, this issue won't surface.

4. Of course he will.

@TC: I don't think this will ever happen, but never say never. I think the idea is interesting, though such an addition will require careful implementation. The problem I have with this is "lore-wise" ; I don't think DE wants us to play as the Stalker, ever. It's not for nothing that they don't want to talk about him at all, I think.

Edited by Casardis

They wouldnt be able to attack anyone who isnt already targeted. And since killing them is the main idea, it shouldnt be for shlts and giggles.

This is the only really big issue i see...maybe you would have to be a certain level frame to make the switch over from AI stalker to Human stalker.

This is also possible, but if the 2nd thing i mentioned happened, it wouldnt work that way. But it is a valid point.

Also how would they determine what the User Based Stalker would do IF he were defeated? Would he be ejected from the game?

Yup, It would happen just like it does with the real stalker, He would die, and then *poof* gone.

Valid points, glad someone is making sense and not just screaming NOOOOOO PVP SUCKS WARBLGRBLE!!

1. Stalker already does that. He attacked my friend on Terminus, on his very first Warframe game ever. Thankfully my other friend and I were there. Something they could do is that when you play as Stalker, it will choose a random game (so you don't get to pick at newbies on Terminus, though the dice may roll to that).

2. They could make it so that there's both Stalker AI and Stalker Player. Stalker AI will still be easy to kill if it stays as simple as it is right now.

3. As I said in the first reply, if the squad's chosen at random, this issue won't surface.

4. Of course he will.

@TC: I don't think this will ever happen, but never say never. I think the idea is interesting, though such an addition will require careful implementation. The problem I have with this is "lore-wise" ; I don't think DE wants us to play as the Stalker, ever. It's not for nothing that they don't want to talk about him at all, I think.

Yeah in all honesty it wouldnt surprise me if it wouldnt work out Lore-wise. But i do think it would fix a lot of issues.

hmmm... well, you know, expanding this, it would also be fun if the stalker got points, or mods or something cool, (prob rare mod or some such thing) if he killed the target but no one else.

makes it hard for the stalker

easy to wipe a team, much harder to avoid them and kill only 1 player.

If he/she kills the player, he/she wins the randomized rare mod or reward, and goes back to multiplayer, and the player killed has to use a revive

this is great because it punishes players for simply team-wiping, and makes it more fun for the stalker.

The stalker could even "Stalk" his prey, perhaps he his fourth ability is an invisibility? I mean, he kinda just appears there.

so if you stalk the players, they'll have to play more cautiously, no more running and gunning. Perhaps the fourth could also simply be the ability to teleport to the group at any time? I dunno.

I like this idea, sounds fun. It would add a sort of pvp element, but not enough to ruin the game imo.

The ability to mod the stalker would also be kinda fun as it makes him even more challenging of an opponent.

I would not mind getting slain by the stalker if it were a worthy challenge.