Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading And Auction

Puckeye

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are any plans about enabling trading and/or auctioning of Foundry made items or in-game mods.

I mean I hate to sell a mod I found that would benefit a friend... I'd much rather trade it with my friend either for credits or for another mod... Also I've sold old weapons that I replaced by weapons I created in the foundry... Maybe a friend would have liked it.

Now there's the question of weapon and warframe ranks... Could you trade / auction ranked weapons?

Dont think Trading should be in the game.

Since its F2p you can get around the slot limits by simply starting a new account and dumping what you need over to help level.

Well there could easily be rules that you can't "give" away your stuff. For a trade to work both parties could have to be online at the same time, trade should be completed in real time and for fair prices so either mod for mod or mod for a minimum of credits based on a percentage of store value...

I'm strongly in favor of some form of player-to-player market, and think that it could solve a lot of the issues that players are griping about. Imagine if you could just buy Rubedo from someone instead of having to farm for it yourself. This gives people who like to farm incentive to keep going about it, while takes the stress off people who can't stand it. I know I've gotten quite a few really nice blue mods for weapons that I have no interest in, or have already sold off. With some sort of trade or auction house, I'd be able to sell those off or straight up trade them for ones that I really can use.

Credits could become meaningful to people who've played the game for more than a week once again. People who are held in a chokehold due to limited warframe slots would feel better about another player using their old frame, than to straight up sell it for a measly 25k credits in the market. Frames and weapons would of course, reset back to level 0 to avoid abuse and "boosting" new accounts. I think it could even encourage more of a community, because as it stands you don't really need to know more than 3 other people to do whatever you want to get done.

I'm strongly in favor of some form of player-to-player market, and think that it could solve a lot of the issues that players are griping about. Imagine if you could just buy Rubedo from someone instead of having to farm for it yourself. This gives people who like to farm incentive to keep going about it, while takes the stress off people who can't stand it. I know I've gotten quite a few really nice blue mods for weapons that I have no interest in, or have already sold off. With some sort of trade or auction house, I'd be able to sell those off or straight up trade them for ones that I really can use.

Credits could become meaningful to people who've played the game for more than a week once again. People who are held in a chokehold due to limited warframe slots would feel better about another player using their old frame, than to straight up sell it for a measly 25k credits in the market. Frames and weapons would of course, reset back to level 0 to avoid abuse and "boosting" new accounts. I think it could even encourage more of a community, because as it stands you don't really need to know more than 3 other people to do whatever you want to get done.

Nicely put Jones... :)

I think we need some form of trading. The auction house seems like a poor way to go about it though.

But sitting on a pile of mag, ember, and ash blueprints - as well as fully levelled weapons I don't use anymore, and playing with a friend that's new to the game is just painful. Of course this brings to light the issue of noob players being outfitted with fully ranked gear by their friends - and breaking the games difficulty curve and progression. But as this isn't a PvP game, I can't really see that there'd be an issue with well equipped low-level players.

Perhaps for items such as frames and high teir weapons - there could be some reasonable restrictions? Similar to how the Hek is XP locked? Maybe frames cost credits for the seller to 'mail' to the recepient? So that only good friends are likely to be interested in doing it?

Or perhaps trading only becomes availible after players reach Silver Initate?

I certainly don't think there should be too much restriction on trading of blueprints, seeing as so much effort has to go into collecting the resources needed to build off of them.

I'd also be very appreciative of some way to manage our collected resources (gallium, control circuits and the like) - They should show up in some sort of inventory that, perhaps we can't trade from, but we can at least sell resources we don't want, in the same fashion that mods can be sold for extra credit. Of course, it would make sense to prevent resources from being traded. To prevent people from sending each other blueprints and all the parts needed to build them.

I think trading should be restricted to the end-of-mission screen and involve mods, blueprints and artefacts only. Being able to trade warframes and weapons (or blueprints) globally would remove the need of acquiring blueprints.

Additionally players should be able to refine warframes, weapons and mods into materials - refining high-level warframes or weapons are rarer mods would result in higher-grade materials.

This would ensure that players cannot take a shortcut (other than buying them with platinum) to get new warframes or weapons, while giving them a way to make use of unwanted warframes, weapons and mods.

I don't know about trading, 90% of the motivation behind play end game involves mod farming...If you take that away, you will lose a lot of players who can suddenly buy end game progression in a second and no longer have a reason to revisit content more than once. As far as auctioning is concerned...Realistically, what is the value of a mod? As an end game player what insentive do you have to sell mods when the game has no proper gold sinks? It makes the idea kind of silly. Trade generally introduces bugs like duping and other exploits as well.

You also have to consider abuse and the idea of a money market where people are now enabled to trade items for real money. This brings a lot more problems with it than it is worth, unless DE adds support for this and takes a cut...We all know how that ended for Diablo 3.

If they did it, it would have to be a player to player trade system with heavy restrictions on what you can trade. Maybe mod for mod and even that will cause problems!

I think trading should be restricted to the end-of-mission screen and involve mods, blueprints and artefacts only. Being able to trade warframes and weapons (or blueprints) globally would remove the need of acquiring blueprints.

Additionally players should be able to refine warframes, weapons and mods into materials - refining high-level warframes or weapons are rarer mods would result in higher-grade materials.

This would ensure that players cannot take a shortcut (other than buying them with platinum) to get new warframes or weapons, while giving them a way to make use of unwanted warframes, weapons and mods.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think that it would all be relfected in the price of the item. How much would you charge to farm the 800 Rubdeo, Control Module, blueprints, etc for the frame in question? Credits are gotten ONLY from playing, so it doesn't eliminate actually playing, and the same goes for mod trading. It might cut down on the feeling of grind however, because some people don't like farming for 10 hours looking for a single blue shotgun mod and getting 3 for the Sicarus, and 1 for the Ember that they can't use, but are spectacular mods.

I think a Market would be a better idea than trading. Put up the things you want to sell for a certain price and it stays there for a week or two then you gotta put it up again. This prevent people from putting things up at ridiculous price and flooding the market. The people that want to buy certain things can type in the name or part of the name of the item they want and it'll show them all the item people put up with the name or part of the name in it. Then they can decide which they'll buy. This will spring up a little economy in the game since there a transfer of credits from player to player and eventually items would have a set price people would agree on and depending on the availability and how much people want them or like supply and demands the prices would either increase or decrease. This would prevent scamming of any sort since player would get a general idea of how much each item should cost.

A market, if regulated properly, doesn't sound like the worst idea in the world. We just have to avoid making it as much of a hassle as the auction houses in games like WoW and Diablo 3. But I STRONGLY agree that a trade system needs to be put in place. It would be nice to trade some of my mods to friends that will actually use them and to trade for the materials that I don't usually have the time to farm for, or am too low a level to get. Of course with any trade system we have the chance to get newbies with overpowered gear who break and or ruin the game for others, so regulation would have to be put into affect. But this could be as simple as

-Adding in a different style of level cap (because the current one is tedious and annoying at times) for warframes and weapons use.

-OR perhaps restrict trading of unique items and blueprints by a level cap.

-OR even adding in a reasonably priced, credit bought and unlimited use trade ticket for players that have reached level 1 or 2.

Lets be honest. Every trade system has the tendency to either have a major fatal flaw (eg: newbies getting uber gear), or an overly restricted trading system (eg: spending real money to trade or waiting several days for one to go through). But we can't stop this from giving the game something, that from reading this forum, I think many players want.

A market, if regulated properly, doesn't sound like the worst idea in the world. We just have to avoid making it as much of a hassle as the auction houses in games like WoW and Diablo 3. But I STRONGLY agree that a trade system needs to be put in place. It would be nice to trade some of my mods to friends that will actually use them and to trade for the materials that I don't usually have the time to farm for, or am too low a level to get. Of course with any trade system we have the chance to get newbies with overpowered gear who break and or ruin the game for others, so regulation would have to be put into affect. But this could be as simple as

-Adding in a different style of level cap (because the current one is tedious and annoying at times) for warframes and weapons use.

-OR perhaps restrict trading of unique items and blueprints by a level cap.

-OR even adding in a reasonably priced, credit bought and unlimited use trade ticket for players that have reached level 1 or 2.

Lets be honest. Every trade system has the tendency to either have a major fatal flaw (eg: newbies getting uber gear), or an overly restricted trading system (eg: spending real money to trade or waiting several days for one to go through). But we can't stop this from giving the game something, that from reading this forum, I think many players want.

I don't see how noobies would break the game. Hek and Gorgon still have rank reqs (and more could be put into place if it really did become an issue) but otherwise everything would still start at rank 0. The 3 starting frames are some of the strongest in the game already, but they don't suit everyone's style. If someone wanted to progress through the game in an Ember or Trinity, I don't see any issue that would arise from that, and they're typically held to be on the crappy end of frame choices. Noobs would still have to acquire currency if they are not being boosted by a friend. And if a friend wants to field them large sums of money, that just means a more active community with a less steep starting curve.

This game isn't competitive in nature, it's a dungeon crawler. I mean, there's the leaderboard, but that really just records time spent playing (via mob kills), nothing more. The point is that any currency or items that someone could get are already IN the game, nothing new would be generated by some form of market or trading. If I want to take a break from the game and give my friend all my stuff, it's no different (and in fact more honest) than simply just letting him play on my account. Players would still have to progress through the chain of planets on new accounts. Them having the weapons and frames to do it in the manner that they wish seems only beneficial to the game, and would make it even more attractive to start playing.

At the end of the day, this game is a grinder, and people playing it should still want to grind. There's not really an end game for them to break.

Edited by Cawkslapjones