Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New feature for endless missions

New feature idea: When you select an endless mission in public matchmaking, you have to select how many minutes/waves/rounds you're going to stay and only get matched with people who have chosen the same. The mission then does not let you extract early, behaving similarly to endless mission alerts. Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

New feature idea: When you select an endless mission in public matchmaking, you have to select how many minutes/waves/rounds you're going to stay and only get matched with people who have chosen the same. The mission then does not let you extract early, behaving similarly to endless mission alerts. Thoughts?

There're some things that could influence changes in decision during endless game mode. For example, your mom suddenly called you to help her cleaning the room and thus you need to finish the game quickly XD. Or on the opposite case, you finished playing 10 wave of defense, but decided to go to 20 due to other members request.

On survival, however, I remembered that someone posted a good solution recently: enable those who don't want to stay to extract early. So those who want to leave could get their reward, while those who stay can continue until they're satisfied.

I forgot on which thread, though.

Edited by Renseiryuu

56 minutes ago, Renseiryuu said:

Or on the opposite case, you finished playing 10 wave of defense, but decided to go to 20 due to other members request.

Okay, so what if after the original time commitment, the mission behaves like normal? So, let's say you choose to do a 20-Wave Defense mission, and then after Wave 20, it asks you if you want to stay or go and then from that point on, it does the normal thing every 5 waves. 

As for needing to leave early, maybe you should do your chores before playing video games ahaha

Here, final offer. My suggestion would not replace the current system, merely run alongside it as an option for people who don't want to worry about people dropping out mid-way through and don't want to bother with asking how long everyone wants to stay. When you would click on a Defense Mission, you would be presented with "Free play" (classic mode) and then the various choices.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Okay, so what if after the original time commitment, the mission behaves like normal? So, let's say you choose to do a 20-Wave Defense mission, and then after Wave 20, it asks you if you want to stay or go and then from that point on, it does the normal thing every 5 waves. 

I think I could go with this one. Seems useful when you're trying to leveling on Hydron and you're confident in your gear.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

As for needing to leave early, maybe you should do your chores before playing video games ahaha

Hey, that's Real-Life Alert you're messing with XD. You never know when it came up, but once it does, attendance is mandatory.

49 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Here, final offer. My suggestion would not replace the current system, merely run alongside it as an option for people who don't want to worry about people dropping out mid-way through and don't want to bother with asking how long everyone wants to stay. When you would click on a Defense Mission, you would be presented with "Free play" (classic mode) and then the various choices.

No need. Your idea can be tuned on its minimum setting, yes? Set on 5 waves or 5 minutes, for example.

Edited by Renseiryuu