Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

---SOLVED!!---ESO graphics lag, GTX 970

Kebast

Question

-- BIOS settings were the problem --

I’ve recently started playing quite a bit of Elite Sanctury Onslaught, and having some graphics problems at the start of each wave. I’m using an NVIDIA GTX 970 on an FX6300 AMD chip. This system runs every other game flawlessly (Final Fantasy XV being the most recent), and normally functions just fine for Warframe, except for ESO. I recently acquired Saryn Prime, and have been using her to focus farm. So I enter a wave, use 1, use 3, then start swinging my Cassowar a few times to spread the spores, then hit 4 when the counter gets up a bit. Usually by this point my frame rate has dropped to almost single digits.

I had the graphics setting all on/max, and turned those down a bit last night. It didn’t seem to make much difference. I had the June 2018 nvidia driver (398.11), but noticed there was a new one just recently (398.36), so installed that this morning doing a clean install.  Any ideas what might be the problem?

Edited by Kebast

13 answers to this question

Just now, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

laptop or desktop?
what is your processor?
RAM?
only has problems with saryn?

Desktop, processor is listed there, FX6300 (3.5GHz. It will overclock stable to 4.4, but I leave it stock). I have 16GB of RAM, I’d have to check the RAM speed, but was near top of the line 2 years ago. So far, only an issue with Saryn, though I’ve not played much ESO. Just put my 4th forma into Volt Prime, so I’ll try that soon :).

I posted here, but now see there’s a performance bug forum section. I didn’t really know if this was a game bug or specific graphics setting issue...looking at that forum section, it seems lots of people are having performance issues with NVIDIA 9xx and 10xx cards.

1 minute ago, Kebast said:

Desktop, processor is listed there, FX6300 (3.5GHz. It will overclock stable to 4.4, but I leave it stock). I have 16GB of RAM, I’d have to check the RAM speed, but was near top of the line 2 years ago. So far, only an issue with Saryn, though I’ve not played much ESO. Just put my 4th forma into Volt Prime, so I’ll try that soon :).

I posted here, but now see there’s a performance bug forum section. I didn’t really know if this was a game bug or specific graphics setting issue...looking at that forum section, it seems lots of people are having performance issues with NVIDIA 9xx and 10xx cards.

oh whoops, lol, didn't see the processor there!

im I bit more familiar with intel processors, but from what I can gather from google its not a high-end processor.
Warframe's AI is already a bit of a processor hog and the ridiculous number of damage ticks being calculated across the entire map with saryns spores coupled with the greater saturation of enemies in the onslaught gamemode may be maxxing it out.

just in case, though can we get you to check a couple of things?

1. run the game with the "show fps" option turned on as that also shows ram usage, using that we can make sure there isn't a bug causing a memory leak
  2. put all your settings to minimum and see if the same problem happens again, if it does not then we know that the performance issue is likely tied to a graphics option

Thanks! I’ll give that a shot later tonight. I’ll check on CPU usage too. I know that processor is a bit old, but it really is a workhorse.

I have a new laptop with an i5-7700HQ and a 1050ti. I’ll check that machine too and see if the problem happens there.

21 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

oh whoops, lol, didn't see the processor there!

im I bit more familiar with intel processors, but from what I can gather from google its not a high-end processor.
Warframe's AI is already a bit of a processor hog and the ridiculous number of damage ticks being calculated across the entire map with saryns spores coupled with the greater saturation of enemies in the onslaught gamemode may be maxxing it out.

just in case, though can we get you to check a couple of things?

1. run the game with the "show fps" option turned on as that also shows ram usage, using that we can make sure there isn't a bug causing a memory leak
  2. put all your settings to minimum and see if the same problem happens again, if it does not then we know that the performance issue is likely tied to a graphics option

Is there some sort of Warframe stress test that I could run?